Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

It's the Jazz festival in Cork this weekend and I can hear all sorts of cool 50's style swing jazz from my desk. It is very Fallout. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Looks a bit stupid too - was there not a brand of beer in Fallout that wasn't called 'Fallout beer'?

May have been better to team with Coke for Nuka Cola or Mentos for Mentats etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Development of Fallout 4 is completed - https://twitter.com/BethesdaStudios/status/657572737364398080

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Wing126 wrote: »

Just seen that, and they have time left over to bughunt too :)

they should release it now tbh :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Looks a bit stupid too - was there not a brand of beer in Fallout that wasn't called 'Fallout beer'?

May have been better to team with Coke for Nuka Cola or Mentos for Mentats etc.

Sunset Saspirilla would have been the right job!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Just a heads up, even if you physically pick up the game you need to download it off steam.

http://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-4-will-require-a-steam-download-even-if-you-buy-it-on-disc/

madcabbage wrote: »
    Sunset Saspirilla would have been the right job!

Sarsapirilla is like a root beer typea thing though i think? Good one though, I could see a partnership with Corona there...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,477 ✭✭✭Underground

Heard good things about the game collection so just pre ordered this from them, comes with a mug too.

Heard good things about the game collection so just pre ordered this from them, comes with a mug too.

The version with the mug is like £10 more than without the mug so it's not free or anything. Probably still cheaper than shops here tho but there is a version without the mug, although the PS4 version isn't in stock at the moment, it should be again soon on the site.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Lads,

I usually always wait 3-6 months after release to play a new game, mainly because nowadays games are released with a fair few bugs and waiting 3-6 months means most bugs are usually patched out at this stage.

One problem with this is that I miss out on the chat on here when the game is new and fresh for everyone and I only catch up on the threads later when I start playing.

With fallout 4 I'm very tempted to get it on launch but Bethesda are probably the worst for shipping broken games so I'm not sure.

Help me decide please :P

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This could go in the Fallout 4 thread but as someone who knows full well how awful Bethesda can be with launches (FO3 and Skyrim were cack full of bugs on PS3), I'll be getting it digital on ps4 day one and keepi g the faith.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,458 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

If in doubt: Wait for a few days (hell, even a few hours, given the near immediate urgency with which any major issues will be flagged), keep an eye on the real-world feedback from players to see whether or not it is a hot mess. Make purchasing decision accordingly.

Contrary to what the Internet would have you believe, the world will not collapse of you pick up a game a few days after launch rather than on the day itself. In the unlikely event that the world does happen to collapse, however, please write it off as an unfortunate coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

If in doubt: Wait for a few days (hell, even a few hours, given the near immediate urgency with which any major issues will be flagged), keep an eye on the real-world feedback from players to see whether or not it is a hot mess. Make purchasing decision accordingly.

Contrary to what the Internet would have you believe, the world will not collapse of you pick up a game a few days after launch rather than on the day itself. In the unlikely event that the world does happen to collapse, however, please write it off as an unfortunate coincidence.
    I'd say it is in fact fairly likely given he'lol be playing Fallout. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    This could go in the Fallout 4 thread but as someone who knows full well how awful Bethesda can be with launches (FO3 and Skyrim were cack full of bugs on PS3), I'll be getting it digital on ps4 day one and keepi g the faith.

Bethesda just had a bad time making anything for the PS3 that ran ok. On the 360 those games were fine or had the same bugs as the PC version.

This is their first game for generation 8 and given the fact both gen 8 consoles are closer to PCs than ever before I reckon we won't see the likes of issues that plagued PS3 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Lads,

I usually always wait 3-6 months after release to play a new game, mainly because nowadays games are released with a fair few bugs and waiting 3-6 months means most bugs are usually patched out at this stage.

One problem with this is that I miss out on the chat on here when the game is new and fresh for everyone and I only catch up on the threads later when I start playing.

With fallout 4 I'm very tempted to get it on launch but Bethesda are probably the worst for shipping broken games so I'm not sure.

Get it when it's launched.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Anyone know what's the craic with GameStop and their memberships? I've gotten an email to say I'm now a level 3 member. In the entitlements it says 48hr early access of pre-orders on limited and collectors editions of games? Surely this won't work with my order no? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Just wait it out. The state games are released in these days make day-1 purchases an unnessecary gamble thanks to the internet. Keep an eye on forums and anonymous image board threads about F4 to see how it's holding up during its release week. I'd avoid twitter or review sites as they are censoring just about everything at the moment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

22% off on GMG with WINTER-ISCMNG-22PERC

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

The hour change tonight means an extra hour waiting for Fallout 4 dammit! :mad: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Bloody Games collection are out normal PS4 copies.

Mr Blobby wrote:
    Bloody Games collection are out normal PS4 copies.

They update the stock for it every few days blobster. Gameseek.co.UK is another good one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Lads,

With the likes of Fallout though, once you start playing, you will want to keep away from this place for a week or two, as people tend to post spoilers on the cool things they find. Every 2nd post with have
    tags, and you could ruin some of the experience for yourself by looking at them.

It's much better to play a big portion of the game yourself and discover everything, then when you are looking for things to do visit the thread...and see what others have found :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Bethesda just had a bad time making anything for the PS3 that ran ok. On the 360 those games were fine or had the same bugs as the PC version.

This is their first game for generation 8 and given the fact both gen 8 consoles are closer to PCs than ever before I reckon we won't see the likes of issues that plagued PS3 games.

Even on the PC though, this team releases games that are shoddy as hell. Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Skyrim all have this in common. Regular irritating stuff liked bugged quests, disappearing NPC's, etc. Regular fare. But then some of the nastier stuff like serious memory leaks, corrupt save files and random crashes to desktop.

Bethesda do terrible QA. They claim at every release they have learned their lesson but I'm a realist. I wont be able to wait and will play it on release minute but I'm under no illusions of what will happen. The game being gold for so long prior to release will surely help. We arent going to get an Arkham Knight fiasco. There is no rushed deadlines, the game was left cooking for long enough......but if there isnt some game breaking issue on day 1 I'll be amazed. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Kirby wrote: »
    Even on the PC though, this team releases games that are shoddy as hell. Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Skyrim all have this in common. Regular irritating stuff liked bugged quests, disappearing NPC's, etc. Regular fare. But then some of the nastier stuff like serious memory leaks, corrupt save files and random crashes to desktop.

Bethesda do terrible QA. They claim at every release they have learned their lesson but I'm a realist. I wont be able to wait and will play it on release minute but I'm under no illusions of what will happen. The game being gold for so long prior to release will surely help. We arent going to get an Arkham Knight fiasco. There is no rushed deadlines, the game was left cooking for long enough......but if there isnt some game breaking issue on day 1 I'll be amazed. :p

I must be either desperate lucky, or just bloody ignorant, but I've never come across anything major in Fallout 3, Fallout:NV, Skyrim, or Oblivion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I actually experienced most of those day1 bugs, skyrim was probably the worst of the lot for crashing to desktop.
    new vegas's was hilarious - see below

That's creepy as fck.

I preordered from Smyths. Works out at €65. I like the certainty that I can just go pick it up on the Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Yeah, NV was pretty much unplayable for me when it first came out on PS3.

Advertisement