Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

AELl5w0.jpg

8zAlS5g.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭alex.middleton

open world games this big there are always going to be some bugs!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

open world games this big there are always going to be some bugs!

Of course, fallout has Rad-roaches !! :cool:

I'll show myself out

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 7,735 ✭✭✭ASOT

Il never forget when my NV bugged and the only way the strip would load for me was if I was wearing a cowboy hat :pac: pain in the hole but I loved it regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Bugs have never stopped my enjoyment of Oblivion, Fallout 3, New Vegas or Skyrim. I played these on PS3 and PS4. I suspect many complaining are playing on PC ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Skyrim became unplayable for my missus on ps3 as it was constantly freezing any time it saved or opened certain doors.had to disable autosave but it was still very unstable.

FO3 on ps3 kept freezing until i followed bethesda's advice and avoided using laser guns or moving objects as they use more memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Bugs will be modded in the first 24 hours. Relax.

Console users on the other hand, well, you use a console.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Skyrim became unplayable for my missus on ps3 as it was constantly freezing any time it saved or opened certain doors.had to disable autosave but it was still very unstable.

FO3 on ps3 kept freezing until i followed bethesda's advice and avoided using laser guns or moving objects as they use more memory.

Yeah it was due to fact the game had and still has memory leaks and the PS3 only has 256mb of system RAM. The 360 had 512mb RAM and less memory leak in it's build so the problems did not strike as early or as severe.

There was a thing about trying to keep your save file below a certain size to avoid the issues too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Fallout 3 crashed my PS3 a lot to be honest. And by crashed I mean froze and took the whole console with it needing hard reset. I also suffered from that Skyrim issue that zero mentioned. Game basically performed at 10fps... it's when I dropped the game. F3 or Skyrim never really CTD'd on me on PC until I'd install a few dozen mods and one of them would be incompatable with something else and I'd spend better half of an hour fixing it :P

Some dedicated modding community members took it upon themselves to create an unnoficial patch for Skyrim. Here's the full list. Note that these are bugs that recieved no official patches by Bethesda... ever.

Remember to pre order.

MrtkZYf.jpg

SlZEDJ9.png

cuqJrzm.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I never really had any bother with Oblivion, Fallout 3, NV or Skyrim on the PS3. The odd freeze here and there. Now Oblivion on Xbox360, that's a different. My piece of poop console scratched the poop out of two discs. :mad:

• Advertisement

Remember to pre order

12065710_1077432338947309_6241789200248997138_n.png?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=f691df1230d66fd92df1d88d0403772f&oe=56C7EABE&__gda__=1456344705_c5a7954ad7ee93c56d68b3bb36afeca8

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Stuck at the parents for a long weekend, hours and hours to sink into a game, no Fallout, dont want to start anything else :(

Thargor wrote:
    Stuck at the parents for a long weekend, hours and hours to sink into a game, no Fallout, dont want to start anything else

How about spending some time with them before you disappear for a few months when fallout releases? :P

I'm pretty sure my family will report me as missing a week or two after the game is released! :pac:

I've told my family that when this is released, they won't hear from me for a while.

I've told my family that when this is released, they won't hear from me for a while.

How did they take the news?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

dru9agA.png

Got an appropriate "On this day" from Facebook today!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Tuesday is a great day for release. At least we'll know by the weekend if the game is broken or just generally meh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I just found out that I'm due a weeks holiday in work... I think I know when I'm gonna take it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

How much is this going for back home on PS4 and Xbox?

JB HiFi here in Australia just dropped the preorder price to $59 about (€39) cheapest I've seen a new release on a console for a long time. Creating a bit of a stir here.

• Advertisement

irishmover wrote:
    JB HiFi here in Australia just dropped the preorder price to $59 about (€39) cheapest I've seen a new release on a console for a long time. Creating a bit of a stir here.

Seen that on reddit yeah, pretty decent. Well GameStop want €75 haha.

Most people ordering from games collection or gameseek.co.UK getting it for about €50ish

I read that this is fully pre downloadable on xbone so do ye think someone will find the list of achievements soon? I like checking out the trophies except the story ones, see what kind of stuff you can do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭millgate1

I'm considering pre-ordering from Symths. Does anyone have any experience with ordering off symths? Reliable?

millgate1 wrote: »
    I'm considering pre-ordering from Symths. Does anyone have any experience with ordering off symths? Reliable?

I hope so. I've preorder my Black Ops III PS4 bundle with them.

Zero-Cool wrote:
    I read that this is fully pre downloadable on xbone so do ye think someone will find the list of achievements soon? I like checking out the trophies except the story ones, see what kind of stuff you can do.

They say that on reddit every few days but its still not pre-loadable for me. Just a 100mb placeholder that says its 28gb when you go to "manage" it so think it's tricking people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Seems like Amazon is the cheapest place to preorder on PS4.
    Hopefully The Games Collection get some in stock soon.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Hopefully The Games Collection get some in stock soon.

I emailed them and they will only have PS4 w/ mug till its out.

Ive preorded from Smyths. At €65 its €10 cheaper than GameStop (shameless thieves) and probably only €5 more than a UK copy taking PM into consideration.

Happy enough with that, shoukd be able to just stroll in and pick it up after work on the Tuesday.

When are all the (p)reviews out?!

I want a fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i'd say now that the S.P.E.C.I.A.L series is finished you'll see the hype from Bethesda increase

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭TetraxShard

J Mysterio wrote: »
    When are all the (p)reviews out?!

I want a fix.

Review copies went out over the weekend, embargo is up on November 9th, probably around 5-6PM (10AM Pacific time).

I expect streamers will have it a few days before.

Advertisement