Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Bit ridiculous the reviews have almost no time to be even put out before general release.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,399 ✭✭✭✭noodler

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Bit ridiculous the reviews have almost no time to be even put out before general release.

Is day before not standard?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

That's fine, I'm just surprised/happy journo's are getting over 2 weeks to play and review. There must be a sh*t ton of stuff to do that the devs want to make sure people have enough time to to explore properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

If anyone still needs to order this for XB1 or PS4 you can get it for just under €55 including delivery from http://www.gameseek.co.uk/search.php?c=Video_Games&k=Fallout+4

Will more than likely arrive the day before release.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    If anyone still needs to order this for XB1 or PS4 you can get it for just under €55 including delivery from http://www.gameseek.co.uk/search.php?c=Video_Games&k=Fallout+4

Don't really have the money to spare to get Fallout yet but that price is too good to ignore. Anyone used Gameseek before? I'm sure it's perfect but I'd like to know for sure because I've been stung by sites I haven't heard of in the past.

• Advertisement

Yeah, have people here used this much an actually received games the day before launch? so is delivery to Ireland like 4 euro?

martyos121 wrote: »
    Don't really have the money to spare to get Fallout yet but that price is too good to ignore. Anyone used Gameseek before? I'm sure it's perfect but I'd like to know for sure because I've been stung by sites I haven't heard of in the past.

Yeah it's a genuine site. I wouldn't recommend a site if I personally didn't know it was alright.

Trustpilot review 9/10 https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.gameseek.co.uk

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Yeah, have people here used this much an actually received games the day before launch? so is delivery to Ireland like 4 euro?

I've ordered a few games for my cousin off it and he's always received them on release date or the day before. 1 game was even a couple of days before release date, can't remember what it was now tho.

It's £1.99 delivery to Ireland which is €2.76 or free UK delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Yeah it's a genuine site. I wouldn't recommend a site if I personally didn't know it was alright.

Trustpilot review 9/10 https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.gameseek.co.uk

Thanks for the tip, about to order now. Really cutting into my holiday money but fcuk it, it's Fallout! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I've ordered a few games for my cousin off it and he's always received them on release date or the day before. 1 game was even a couple of days before release date, can't remember what it was now tho.

It's £1.99 delivery to Ireland which is €2.76 or free UK delivery.

Any idea if that was with parcel motel or straight to his house?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Lads, anyone have any idea what size the Pipboy edition box will be? Just wondering if I'm gonna have problems with Parcel Motel in relation to drop on dimensions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

madcabbage wrote: »
    Lads, anyone have any idea what size the Pipboy edition box will be? Just wondering if I'm gonna have problems with Parcel Motel in relation to drop on dimensions.

Yeah, bit worried mysef, but I'd imagine it would fit into their largest locker.

Have 7.90 in my balance to use, but home delivery costs 7.95 :mad:

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Any idea if that was with parcel motel or straight to his house?

It was his house I think. I've messaged gameseek to confirm they ship a few days earlier for deliveries to Ireland. I'll update here when they get back to me.

It would only be €1.43 extra to go for UK delivery including PM charge if you wanted tho.

madcabbage wrote: »

It's 30.5cm x 25.5cm x 21cm & 10kg excluding the box they ship it in.

Parcel motel largest locker is 41 × 38 × 64 cm with max weight of 10kg.

So should be alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

What are amazon like for delivery? Usually get them on release day?

Benzino wrote: »

Not sure about delivery to ROI, they're usually very fast overall but this is a pre-order for N.I parcel motel delivery:

zOhdttf.png

Being dispatched on the 6th with estimated delivery for the 10th (release date)

Not sure about delivery to ROI, they're usually very fast overall but this is a pre-order for N.I parcel motel delivery:

zOhdttf.png

Being dispatched on the 6th with estimated delivery for the 10th (release date)

Ah cool, I'm also using PM so I will chance it. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

They are getting really bad for releases, know a few people who ended up waiting two weeks for Mario Maker and copies of Tales Of Zestiria still not arriving and they were pre orders dispatched on release day, better off using them with Parcel Motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Amazon were ok but lately they have gone down hill. They didn't ship copies of MGSV until the day before even with express delivery. I got the game via PM to NI 3 days after release.

The gamescollection and others shipped early from the UK and copies were over here before release day.

When Amazon went to ship the copy of MGSV it said sorry we are having problems with your order and it will be delayed even though their tracker said it would be with me on release.

It's the same now for my Fallout 4 order but after the mess up with Metal Gear and Halo 5 I'm cancelling and going else where.

EDIT; Just an update, Halo 5 release date is today. I pre-ordered with Amazon with express shipping and they only sent it this morning. Delivery ETA is for Friday 30th. It was down as delivery expected on the 27th when I placed the order.

• Advertisement

Interesting, thanks for the feedback! Think I will cancel also and try Gameseek.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Well lads, trophy/achievements list has leaked and apparently there's quite the spoilers. Watch where you're browsing!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

must...not.. click.. link.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Is Amazon Prime not available in Ireland?

I use it here (London) and nothing is ever late

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Yeah the temptation to press those links. Christ.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

i clicked it

it changed my life

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

x43r0 wrote: »
    Is Amazon Prime not available in Ireland?

I use it here (London) and nothing is ever late

Yes it is for the delivery part of the service only. I used it and saw no difference over express delivery so I cancelled the service.

Amazon won't ship early, that's the problem. 90% of other sites will ship before release date but Amazon have stopped doing this.

Gamestop.ie ship a day or two early and they are in country, the mind boggles.

Quest names, Faction names, Collect/Craft x items, the usual.

Funny ones though, I'll spoiler them but they've been in the past games so nothing new and it's about collecting items.
    They're not Dolls... - Collect 10 bobbleheads
    ....They're action figures! - Collect 20 bobbleheads

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I wish I hadn't read that list

"How many spoilers could there possibly be in a trophy list?!"

The answer is a lot :(

Advertisement