Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭millgate1

Thanks Miskyboyy but I should have specified, I'm referring to the standard edition of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

millgate1 wrote: »
    Thanks Miskyboyy but I should have specified, I'm referring to the standard edition of the game.

Oh sorry just assumed as I had just received an email about mine :o

Yeah the standard edition of the game can be shipped to your Irish address no problem. It's £1.99 shipping to Ireland and they use royal mail 48 hour shipping and post the game 3 days before release day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭millgate1

MiskyBoyy wrote: »

Yeah the standard edition of the game can be shipped to your Irish address no problem. It's £1.99 shipping to Ireland and they use royal mail 48 hour shipping and post the game 3 days before release day.

Oh wow thank you! And I was just about to preorder from Symths too. Much appreciated :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Just pre ordered with Gameseek.
    Would love to have it before release :D

Mr Blobby wrote: »

Wouldn't we all :o :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Mr Blobby wrote: »

Doesn't it need download/activation anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Shougeki wrote: »
    Doesn't it need download/activation anyway?

Just the pc version does yeah

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Did you get the pip boy and a digital copy?

Wing126 wrote: »
    Did you get the pip boy and a digital copy?

I have all my games digital but of course wanted the pipboy so I'm selling the game from the pipboy edition as soon as I receive it.

Ah yes. You explained as much before. I need to get my head checked :o

• Advertisement

Wing126 wrote: »
    Ah yes. You explained as much before. I need to get my head checked :o

Start taking your omega 3 gramps :P

Start taking your omega 3 gramps :P

I'm 22 :(

CombatCow wrote: »
    Just the pc version does yeah

Pretty sure the XBOX version needs downloads also, and they will probably keep the last 50MB of files till launch so it cannot be played early? Well thats what I would do....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

I don't get why people play a previous game in a series leading up to a latest release.......

Anyone else feel me?

I finished Fallout 3 for the 6'th time this weekend, the only reason I played it again was because I know when FO4 comes out I could never go back to it as it will just show even more how it's systems,gameplay and graphics have aged badly in comparison.

@Shougeki Oh yeah I forgot they were doing the pre-load midnight unlocking for the digital versions. Not sure what would happen with the physical version...

CombatCow wrote: »
    @Shougeki Oh yeah I forgot they were doing the pre-load midnight unlocking for the digital versions. Not sure what would happen with the physical version...

From what I heard the physical versions still need downloads [different Fallout thread I believe?]

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Pipboy edition locked and loaded. Roll on 10th :D

• I assume all the special editions are gonski at this stage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I don't usually do this but I stumped up for the Amazon bundle, looks pretty cool - link

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    I assume all the special editions are gonski at this stage...

Gamestop have PS4 pipboy available still: https://www.gamestop.ie/PlayStation%204/Games/52638/fallout-4-pip-boy-edition

other editions available on adverts.ie/ebay.ie for inflated prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Jesus how are they still available? The boys across the pond would bite your arm off to get one at this late stage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Available at the low low price of 150 smackers

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Ah it would really suck if you couldn't play it before launch given many of us who preordered from TGS and Gameseek will more than likely get it early.

Anyways, started Fallout 3 yesterday and I'm enjoying it, got as far as Megaton and felt a bit overwhelmed again with the amount to do from there, but instead of giving up at this point like I did 8 years ago, I'm just going to focus on the main story for now and leave the side quests on the back burner until I'm more familiar with the world. Any tips for assigning skill points in the early levels?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I focused on Small weapons, lockpick, repair and science (for hacking) but don't mind all that and the main story, you gotta tell us what you are gonna do about that big bomb in the middle of Megaton!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

... And don't forget to make friends with the crazy bitch in the shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Got it lads, unfortunately one of my skills isn't high enough to do anything with the bomb yet, so I might go outside Megaton and grind to the next level.

The first interesting thing I stumbled upon when I let the vault was the Springvale school. I cleared it out and got down to the basement with the huge ants, but I still feel like I missed something there. About this bomb, I get the feeling it's quite important what I do with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The school is just a run for supplies and you can see how raiders took it over (as far as I remember). As for the bomb, you should get 2 main choices on what to do with it. The choice will be all yours but you will be judged (on boards) for the rest of time. Better yet, just set up a cam and live stream it on youtube, I wanna watch this sh*t.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

martyos121 wrote: »
    Got it lads, unfortunately one of my skills isn't high enough to do anything with the bomb yet

Chew on some mentats and interact with the bomb again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

For Fallout 3
    I made sure to murder everyone (on MAX difficulty for most EXP) and steal every resource I could, hire the raider, THEN blow it up because doing otherwise would be a waste. That settlement was a pile of piss, anyway. I got a nicer apartment, more money and resources, more EXP. Nuke start is best start.

What's the story with purchases through Amazon & Parcel Motel? I'm hoping it would arrive to PM on release day, but worried it would be delivered the next day. Anyone has any experience with it?

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    The first interesting thing I stumbled upon when I let the vault was the Springvale school. I cleared it out and got down to the basement with the huge ants, but I still feel like I missed something there.

I hate that feeling,kept me away form open ended games for years.I got over it with fallout 3 (mostly)
    then played new vegas and skyrim to death!
    Generally all buildings have a quest attached.
    be it main or side so I usually stay away from any large building/dungeon as you'll get to visit it eventually.
    Unless your just out raiding the wastland/looking for trouble!

enjoy fallout 3:D

Advertisement