Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Nice Gamestop are giving bobbleheads with their fallouts too, they'd want to for the price they're charging I suppose :o

https://twitter.com/GameStopIreland/status/659403212508778496?cn=cmVwbHk%3D&refsrc=email

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

What's the story with purchases through Amazon & Parcel Motel? I'm hoping it would arrive to PM on release day, but worried it would be delivered the next day. Anyone has any experience with it?

Yep, don't bother with Amazon for new releases anymore even when using PM. They won't ship a game before release date anymore. Both MGS5 and Halo 5 did not ship until the actual release day even with express shipping selected.

At best you will get it 2 to 3 days after release with Amazon.

Yep, don't bother with Amazon for new releases anymore even when using PM. They won't ship a game before release date anymore. Both MGS5 and Halo 5 did not ship until the actual release day even with express shipping selected.

At best you will get it 2 to 3 days after release with Amazon.

Really? Man. I might cancel that preorder then and get it digitally on the PS store.

How will these work? When will it be available for download? It would take me ages to get with my current internet speed.

Bar Amazon, what might be my best bet for PlayStation 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Nice Gamestop are giving bobbleheads with their fallouts too, they'd want to for the price they're charging I suppose :o

https://twitter.com/GameStopIreland/status/659403212508778496?cn=cmVwbHk%3D&refsrc=email

i took a screenshot of this so i can show it to them when they tell me no :D never in my life have i spent 150 on a game before! they better wine and dine me for paying this much :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Really? Man. I might cancel that preorder then and get it digitally on the PS store.

How will these work? When will it be available for download? It would take me ages to get with my current internet speed.

Go with the Game Collection and Parcel Motel, you will probably get it on the day after release, slim chance of the day itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I'd normally recommend http://www.thegamecollection.net/ but they have no regular PS4 copies in stock.

I ordered from Gameseek who seem to have a good reputation. You should have it on release or before with them.

What price range is in bricks and mortar shops? There's about €10 difference between Game Collection & Amazon, with the latter being the cheaper. Only deal on Game Collection is £48.95 (with a mug), which is about €67.
    Mr Blobby wrote: »
    I'd normally recommend http://www.thegamecollection.net/ but they have no regular PS4 copies in stock.

I ordered from Gameseek who seem to have a good reputation. You should have it on release or before with them.

Good call with Gameseek. Have heard good things about 'em.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭millgate1

GameSeek, €55 (give or take a few cent) including shipping. From what I've read there's even a chance you could recieve the game early.

This is my first time ordering from them so everything I know is based off other's sayings :3

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

What price range is in bricks and mortar shops? There's about €10 difference between Game Collection & Amazon, with the latter being the cheaper. Only deal on Game Collection is £48.95 (with a mug), which is about €67.

Good call with Gameseek. Have heard good things about 'em.

Argos should have it for around E62.99.

Hmm.

Gameseek is about €55, as millgate said. With just normal royal mail delivery with delivery to my address as opposed to PM, so no extra delay of them delivering to my collection point

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Gamestop have PS4 pipboy available still: https://www.gamestop.ie/PlayStation%204/Games/52638/fallout-4-pip-boy-edition

other editions available on adverts.ie/ebay.ie for inflated prices.
    madcabbage wrote: »
    Jesus how are they still available? The boys across the pond would bite your arm off to get one at this late stage!

Order cancellations, I'd imagine.

Oh happy days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Impressive that very few details on the story have been leaked yet. I would imagine major publications would have access to their review copies by now, or at least in the next week. What is the policy in this thread for storyline discussion/pre-release rumours and speculation? Are we using spoiler tags until release day? I only ask because I would like to know if I should drop out of this thread... :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

I can't get that Atom Bomb Baby tune from the E3 combat gameplay footage trailer out of my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,192 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I have never played any fallout before, would fallout 4 be wasted on me?

It looks from the ad I saw to be a game i'd like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

No, you don't need to have played any fallout before to play this. They are all standalone. Fallout 4 is most likely going to be game of the year but if you don't want to take the plunge, most sites are selling Fallout 3 for €6-10 at the moment so boot it up and enjoy. You won't regret it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Play Fallout 3 first

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Misky, you're a man that keeps on giving, I nearly went and bought a bobble head earlier till I seen your post. Sound! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Isaiah

I thought Fallout 3 was a sci-fi masterpiece. I didn’t like Fallout NV despite several attempts to play through. I lost interest in the story as it seemed more a parody comedy western than anything else.

I Loved fallout 1 and especially 2, and the franchise has given me some of my most memorable gaming experiences. So I have high hopes that Fallout 4 will be a return to the post-apocalyptic sci-fi style with the 1950's veneer that made the other games great.
    If there is another comedy robot cowboy as the main story driver I will be very disappointed.

Something I have to remember to do this time is that Wasteland helper whatsit.. the guy that gives you new stuff. Forgot it in my playthroughs in FO3 and NV.

Before I order with Gameseek.. does anyone have any opinions on 'em? What are they like with release day deliveries? Still works out cheaper than shop bought here.

Yeah, Fallout 3 was incredible. As for NV, I was dissapointed also, it didnt have any soul. High hopes for 4!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Isaiah

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Yeah, Fallout 3 was incredible. As for NV, I was dissapointed also, it didnt have any soul. High hopes for 4!

Yeah for me it's similar to the Morrowind / Oblivion contrast. With Morrowind being rich in atmosphere and Oblivion being fairly soulless.

I'm surprised, even though I found Fallout 3 to be more enjoyable than NV, I was far from disappointed with it. I did think it captured the sense of exploration really well as seen in Fallout 3. Maybe I was just happy to have more Fallout x)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Something I have to remember to do this time is that Wasteland helper whatsit.. the guy that gives you new stuff. Forgot it in my playthroughs in FO3 and NV.

Before I order with Gameseek.. does anyone have any opinions on 'em? What are they like with release day deliveries? Still works out cheaper than shop bought here.

Its also my first time ordering from them. Going by Trustpilot they're great! - https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.gameseek.co.uk

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Its also my first time ordering from them. Going by Trustpilot they're great! - https://www.trustpilot.com/review/www.gameseek.co.uk

This, my first time as well but even in this thread I'm reading positive things so I'd say they're pretty reliable :D

OK. You've convinced me. Preorder cancelled with Amazon, lodged with Gameseek. If I don't get it on release day... something something.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

OK. You've convinced me. Preorder cancelled with Amazon, lodged with Gameseek. If I don't get it on release day... something something.

You'll go crazy?!?!

Isaiah wrote: »
    Yeah for me it's similar to the Morrowind / Oblivion contrast. With Morrowind being rich in atmosphere and Oblivion being fairly soulless.

I loved Oblivion but felt Skyrim was soulless!

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    You'll go crazy?!?!

Don't mind if I do!

Blaaarrgghhghhh.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Have mine preordered on psn for 70. Could have gotten it cheaper but at least i know I'll be playing it Monday night and i will have a shiny theme to go with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Have mine preordered on psn for 70. Could have gotten it cheaper but at least i know I'll be playing it Monday night and i will have a shiny theme to go with it.

C'mon lad. I could've gotten two copies with that money.

Advertisement