Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

So is the pipboy and app effectively acting as a controller? Or is it to get access to your inventory/stats?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭Isaiah

The Pip Boy reminds me of this :

super_scope_6_box.jpg

It's gonna look great in your attic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Happy Friday, y'all! :)

We're getting closer and closer to November 10th now thankfully. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 129 ✭✭millgate1

Just a heads-up to anyone thinking of buying from GameSeek, price for Fallout has increased by a small bit so it'll cost you €56.75 including shipping opposed to the €54 before. Still cheaper than any retail store here but just thought I'd let people know.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Not looking at the video but how cheap does it look?
    You know the plastic that Jacobs Chocolate Kimberleys sit in in their tin?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

Anyone know if Gamestop are going to be adding it to their 9.99 list ?
    Also does gamestop still do the 25% bonus trade in value for pre orders ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Isaiah wrote: »

super_scope_6_box.jpg

Memories of using that and playing Mole Patrol :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I didn't know the pip boy edition comes with a season pass well which is good.

It doesn't :/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Is the PipBoy itself tied to a console? Or would the Xbox one work for PC, and so on?

If so, if anyone wants to get shot of their ****ty, horrible, plastic yoke, I'll take it off their hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

It's literally just a shell isn't it? Platform doesn't matter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    It does look a bit cheap and light but I think it would have to be as it is designed for you to wear it while playing the game. I think it will suit it's purpose but not 75 quids extra worth although I didn't know the pip boy edition comes with a season pass well which is good.

Comes with season pass? Didn't know that

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

It does not come with the season pass.

Oh well, is there even a season pass

Wonder how long before the apk for the app pops up online. I'm assuming it isn't available the normal means.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Oh well, is there even a season pass

There is yeah, you can "pre-order" it with FO4 as a bundle on the psn store, or the pass itself will be available on the 10th.

No details of what it includes.

CombatCow wrote: »
    There is yeah, you can "pre-order" it with FO4 as a bundle on the psn store, or the pass itself will be available on the 10th.

No details of what it includes.

Any idea if the likes of GameStop are doing a deal on buying it with the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Don't see what the problem is with the Pipboys, they look ok to me. What are ye expecting? Apple quality on your wrist! :rolleyes:

madcabbage wrote: »
    Don't see what the problem is with the Pipboys, they look ok to me. What are ye expecting? Apple quality on your wrist! :rolleyes:

Considering the Pipboy with game costs over €150, then you'd hope you'd get more than what is effectively cheap looking plastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Apple quality
    • Nothing inside
    • sells on hype

I think it has the apple seal of approval, honestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

Isaiah wrote: »

Ha. I still have a Steel Battalion controller somewhere.....
    17fizhsw2rf1tjpg.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Considering the Pipboy with game costs over €150, then you'd hope you'd get more than what is effectively cheap looking plastic.

It costs 150, not over it & €138 from uk.

Feck yas all, I'll wear my pipboy with pride, anyone who laughs at me will me blasted by my laser rifle and have dogmeat set upon them! :D

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It costs 150, not over it & €138 from uk.

Feck yas all, I'll wear my pipboy with pride, anyone who laughs at me will me blasted by my laser rifle and have dogmeat set upon them! :D

GameStop has it for €149.99, which is the only place I checked.

Just saying it's not over 150 is all.

How about those who don't buy it, shut yer holes and leave those who are happy to splash the cash on a Pipboy, to enjoy it! :)

....and there's still over 20 ps4 pipboy editions left, wtf lol...

How about those who don't buy it, shut yer holes and leave those who are happy to splash the cash on a Pipboy, to enjoy it! :)

Whose stopping you from enjoying it?

Whose stopping you from enjoying it?

Never said anything about stopping peope from enjoying it. We've all seen the Pipboy since E3 so I don't understand why people are let down by the quality. If you took away the price of the game from the collectors edition, it's ~€75. For that money, what do you honestly expect to get?

Have you seen any of the Call Of Duty collector editions? I'm pretty sure those helmet cameras were going for around the same price as this and people bought them. You'll get fans who're happy to pay that kind of money. If the pipboy was going for more, I certainly wouldn't have gone for it. €150 is as much as I'd pay for something like that.

Never said anything about stopping peope from enjoying it.

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Is the PipBoy itself tied to a console? Or would the Xbox one work for PC, and so on?

If so, if anyone wants to get shot of their ****ty, horrible, plastic yoke, I'll take it off their hands.

It's a phone holder, not tied to anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

The 2nd unboxing vid, the guy pulled out a season pass leaflet. Maybe it was just an info leaflet or the early fellas just got a season pass as promo.

Anyway, it would be class to have, just couldn't justify paying an extra 80 quid for it. Tried to make one for a Halloween costume and all the DIY youtube videos claiming that making one is easy and then proceed to tell you how you need materials from a nuclear reactor can feck off.

Don't mind em Misky, enjoy the **** out of it.

Advertisement