Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

madcabbage wrote: »
    Was told a different story in my local store. If you order online, it's delivery only. Collection has to be arranged with the store before preorder supposedly. That's what I was told when I tried to change to store collection.

Just looked at my confirmation e-mail I got and it says you can collect in store at where I picked in Limerick unless they have changed it. Just went on to the site and went to see how to order in store and it does appear as it is gone. strange must have been lucky. I did it about a week ago

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I'll pop in store tomorrow and see if I can still get a pre-order down. Cheers chaps.

I'll pop in store tomorrow and see if I can still get a pre-order down. Cheers chaps.

Good luck and here is hoping let us know how you got on

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Some more perks have been confirmed for those that are interested. There has been a lot of speculation about some of the gaps in the perk tree but some spanish reviewer has happily shed some light on them.

Strength 10: Pain Train - Choo, choo! All aboard! If you're wearing a power armor, sprint towards enemies to hurt them and make them lose balance (robots and huge enemies won't lose balance).

Perception 7: Reflector - You're like a mirror! Get instant +10 resistance to energy.

Intelligence 9: Nuclear physicist - You learned how to divide the atom... and how to dominate it. Radiation weapons cause 50% more damage and fusion cores last 25% longer.

Endurance 9: Ghoul - Sure, you're still human ... on the outside! Now regenerate lost health with radiation.

Luck 5: Wise Idiot - not a fool! Just different. You randomly receive three times PE (experience points) for any action. The lower your intelligence, the greater the likelihood.

That last one seems pretty cool because it means you arent forced to take high INT to level quickly. A good option for low INT characters.

Can we spoiler all mentions of perks and anything like that for the time being? I'd like to remain in the dark as much as possible. Maybe I'm the only one?

• Advertisement

I wonder will the no level cap and be able to max out ever stat be something people will try to do with great difficulty I would say

Can we spoiler all mentions of perks and anything like that for the time being? I'd like to remain in the dark as much as possible. Maybe I'm the only one?

You probably arent the only one.

There are tons of leaked screenshots out there but I havent looked at them or posted them here because they contain story spoilers. Perks are gameplay mechanics....like talking about VATS.

I'm sure there are a few who consider perks spoilers but tbh the perk chart was already posted in the thread so I assumed everybody was up to date on that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Ideally, I'd like to go into the game fairly blind as to perks etc.

There will be a wall chart of the perks with the game. I do not think the perks as such are spoilers but that just me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

having read that, the perks are a spoiler - they are considerably different than previous games if those are correct. :/ Really didnt want to see it either

• Advertisement

There will be a wall chart of the perks with the game. I do not think the perks as such are spoilers but that just me

I wasn't having a go at you or anything there. Sorry. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

god's toy wrote: »
    Oh they are making Nuka-Cola in the US... Me want some!
    It will be rebadged Walmart Value Cola like these things always are.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I understand that people want spoiler tags on stuff and going into the game fairly blind, which is sound, but if things like perks and skills can't be discussed in the Fallout 4 thread, then what can? There has to be more to the thread than where to buy it and how much it'll cost.

Never thought you were and if it came out like that I am sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I kid I kid :o
    now-kiss-meme-face.jpg

dogmeat eats dumbledore!

tumblr_lf56aux5v31qg0rnuo1_500.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

this is the chart you get with the game - it has no information regarding what each perk does on it.

https://bethesda.net/data/images/event/31/Fallout_4_Perk_Poster_web.jpg

besides, it's not asking for much to spoilertag something that some of us might see as a spoiler. Too close to release to have it spoiled

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Thargor wrote: »
    It will be rebadged Walmart Value Cola like these things always are.

It's actually rebranded Blue Jones Soda.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Wing126 wrote: »
    It's actually rebranded Blue Jones Soda.

It can be rebranded TK lemonade for all I care as long as I get a case or two!

Next up is a case of sarsaparilla!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Theres an instagram account leaking poor quality videos of the game, apparently with massive story spoilers.

Reddit seems to having a meltdown over it so watch at your own risk if they are in fact massive story spoilers

Theres an instagram account leaking poor quality videos of the game, apparently with massive story spoilers.

Reddit seems to having a meltdown over it so watch at your own risk if they are in fact massive story spoilers

Here it is in better quality for anyone who wants to see:
    https://vid.me/ebrR

CONTAINS SPOILERS

Here's all perks based on their S.P.E.C.I.A.L:

Strength
    Perception
    Endurance
    Charisma
    Intellect
    Agility
    Luck

Here they are in easy to read format. I've spoilered them for the sensitive. :)
    STRENGTH - Strength is a measure of your raw physical power. It affects how much you can carry, and the damage of all melee attacks.
    1. Iron Fist - Punching attacks do 20% more damage to your opponent.
    2. Big Leagues - Do 20% more melee weapon damage.
    3. Armorer - Access to base level and rank 1 armor mods.
    4. Blacksmith - Access to base level and rank 1 melee mods.
    5. Heavy Gunner - Heavy guns do 20% more damage.
    6. Strong back - Gain +25 to carry weight.
    7. Steady Aim - Hip-fire accuracy is impoved when firing any gun.
    8. Basher - Gun bashing does 25% more damage.
    9. Rooted - While standing still you gain +25 damage resistance and your melee and unarmed attacks deal 25% more damage.
    10. Pain Train - While wearing power armor, sprinting into enemies hurts and staggers them. (Robots and oversized enemies are immune to the stagger.

PERCPETION - Perception is your enviromental awareness and "sixth sense", and affects weapon accuracy in V.A.T.S.
    1. Pickpocket - Picking pockets 25% easier.
    2. Rifleman - Attacks with non-automatic rifles do 20% more damage.
    3. Awareness - You can view a targets specific damage resistances in V.A.T.S.
    4. Locksmith - Your nimble fingers allow you to pick Advanced locks.
    5. Demolition Expert - Your explosives do 25% more damge and you can craft explosives at any chemistry station.
    6. Night Person - Gain +2 to Intelligence and Perception between the hours of 6:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m.
    7. Refractor - Instantly gain +10 energy resistance.
    8. Sniper - You have improved control and can hold your breath longer when aiming with scopes.
    9. Penetrator - In V.A.T.S. you can target an enemy's body parts that are blocked by cover, with a decrease in accuracy.
    10. Concentrated fire - In V.A.T.S. every attack on the same body part gains +10% accuracy.

ENDURANCE - Endurance is a measuree of your overall physical fitness. It affects your total Heath and the Action Point drain from sprinting.
    1. Toughness - You now have +20 damage resistance.
    2. Lead Belly - Take less radiation from eating or drinking.
    3. Life Giver - You instantly gain another +20 maximum Health.
    4. Chem Resistant - You're 50% less likely to get addicted when consuming chems
    5. Aquaboy - You no longer take radiation damage from swimming, and can breathe underwater.
    6. Rad Resistant - Gain +10 radiation resistance.
    7. Adamantium Skeleton - Reduce limb damage by 30%
    8. Cannibal - Eating human corpses restores heath.
    9. Ghoulish - Radiation now regenerates your lost heath.
    10. Solar Powered - Gain +2 to strength and endurance between the hours of 6:00 AM and 6:00 PM

CHARISMA - Charisma is your ability to charm and convince others. It affects your success to persuade in dialogue and prices when you barter.
    1. Cap Collector - Buying and selling prices at vendors are now much better.
    2. Lady Killer - Women suffer +5% damage in combat, and are easier to persuade in dialogue.
    3. Lone Wanderer - When adventuring without a companion you take 15% less damage and carry weight increase by 50 .
    4. Attack Dog - Your faithful canine companion can hold an enemy, giving you a greater chance to hit them in V.A.T.S.
    5. Animal Friend - With your gun, aim at any animal below your level and gain a chance to pacify it.
    6. Local Leader - You are able to establish supply lines between your workshop settlements
    7. Party Boy - There's no chance you'll get addicted to alcohol.
    8. Inspirational - Your companion does more damage in combat, and cannot hurt you.
    9. Wasteland Whisperer - With your gun, aim at any wasteland creature below your level and gain a chance to pacific.
    10. Intimidation - With your gun, aim at a any human opponent below your level and gain a chance to pacify them.

INTELLIGENCE - Intelligence is a measure of your overall mental acuity, and affects the number of Experience Points earned.
    1. V.A.N.S - The path to your closest quest target is displayed in V.A.T.S.
    2. Medic - Stimpaks now restore 60% of lost Heath, and Radaway removes 60% of radiation.
    3. Gun Nut - Access to base level and Rank 1 gun mods.
    4. Hacker - Knowledge of cutting-edge computer encryption allows you to hack Advanced terminals.
    5. Scrapper - You can salvage uncommon components like screws, aluminum, and copper when scrapping weapons and armor.
    6. Science - Access to base level and rank 1 high-tech mods.
    7. Chemist - Any chems you take last 50% longer.
    8. Robotics Expert - Hack a robot, and gain a chance to power it on or off, or initiate a self-destruct.
    9. Nuclear Physicist - Radiation weapons do 50% more damage and fusion cores last an extra 25% longer.
    10. Nerd Rage - When your health drops below 20%, time slows and you gain +20 damage resistance and do 20% more damage with the effect last.

AGILITY - Agility is a measure of your overall finesse and reflexes. It affects the number of Action Points in V.A.T.S and your ability to sneak.
    1. Gunslinger - Non-automatic pistols do 20% more.
    2. Commando - Your automatic weapons now do 40% more damage, with improved fire accuracy.
    3. Sneak - You are 20% harder to detect while sneaking.
    4. Mister Sandman - You can now instantly kill a sleeping person. Your silenced weapons do an additional 15% sneak attack damage.
    5. Action boy - Your action points regenerate 25% faster.
    6. Moving Target - Get +25 damage resistance and +25 energy resistance when you're sprinting.
    7. Ninja - Your ranged sneak attacks do 2.5x normal damage and your melee sneak attacks do 4x normal damage.
    8. Quick Hands - You can reload all guns faster.
    9. Blitz - V.A.T.S. melee distance is increased significantly.
    10. Gun-Fu - Do 25% more damage to your second V.A.T.S. target and beyond

LUCK - Luck is a measure of your general good fortuine, and afcfects the recharge rate of Critical Hits.
    1. Fortune Finder - You find even more bottle caps.
    2. Scounger - You find even more ammunition in containers.
    3. Bloody Mess - You now inflict +10% damage in combat.
    4. Mysterious Stranger - The mysterious stranger will appear occasionally in V.A.T.S to lend a hand.
    5. Idiot Savant - Randomly receive 3x XP from any action, and the lower your Intelligence, the greater the chance.
    6. Better Criticals - Criticals do 50% more extra damage.
    7. Critical Banker - Save a critical hit to be used in V.A.T.S when you need it the most.
    8. Grim Reaper's Sprint - Any kill in V.A.T.S. has a 15% chance to restore all action points.
    9. Four Leaf Clover - Each hit in V.A.T.S has a chance of filling your critical meter.
    10. Ricohet - An enemy's ranged attack will sometimes ricochet back and instantly kill them. The closer you are to death, the higher the chance.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I think i'll avoid reading that, and go in totally blind. Really looking forward to booting it up on Monday night...it is Monday night/Tuesday morning, right?

Cheers for spoilering it. But damn, those grey bars add so much temptation to read! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

There really is nothing spoiling anything in there at all that is not in Fallout 3 or NV.

The back cover of the game case and the E3 vid would spoil more.

There really is nothing spoiling anything in there at all that is not in Fallout 3 or NV.

The back cover of the game case and the E3 vid would spoil more.

It's not so much the spoiling, but the ability to go into it completely dark, so that everything comes off as fresh and a surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭Wossack

unsubbed, see you guys on the otherside! :)

• Advertisement

Wossack wrote: »
    unsubbed, see you guys on the otherside! :)

8 days, my friend, 8 days.

Stay strong

:pac:

Advertisement