Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It's not so much the spoiling, but the ability to go into it completely dark, so that everything comes off as fresh and a surprise.

Better delete Fallout 3 from your memory so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Yeah I don't see a lot of spoilers in that list

If anything, it'll save me time planning out my first character build

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I'd get the Nuka Cola once it's Berry Lemonade Jones soda, and not Blue Bubblegum flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Here's all perks based on their S.P.E.C.I.A.L:

Strength
    Perception
    Endurance
    Charisma
    Intellect
    Agility
    Luck

Loving the perk interface. Anything in Vault boy animations look sweet.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4_perks

List of perks with the different ranks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Pre ordered off the games collection using my irish address, underestimating how much I would want play this .now they won't change my delievery address to uk parcel motel .guess I won't be playing this launch day :(

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭dricko_lim

Might not be related to Fallout 4 but im currently reading 'Ready Player One'. Its getting me into the mood for this and is passing the time! Worth a read if your inclined....

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Actually ended up pre-ordering the PS4 version in Gamestop. Was able to use their 'trade in two games and get this game for a tenner' with a copies of Diablo III and Payday 2 I got on the cheap. Wouldn't usually go for it, but they have a Fallout Loot Bundle for €25 extra which seems to be pretty good value https://www.gamestop.ie/Loot/Games/53964

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Actually ended up pre-ordering the PS4 version in Gamestop. Was able to use their 'trade in two games and get this game for a tenner' with a copies of Diablo III and Payday 2 I got on the cheap. Wouldn't usually go for it, but they have a Fallout Loot Bundle for €25 extra which seems to be pretty good value https://www.gamestop.ie/Loot/Games/53964

€25!

You get a box, some magnets, a beanie and a 7" bobblehead. I'd like a bobblehead but my penis is bigger than that.

Don't you get the bobblehead for free if you've pre-ordered? So basically some stickers and a hat with a box...

• Advertisement

dricko_lim wrote: »
    Might not be related to Fallout 4 but im currently reading 'Ready Player One'. Its getting me into the mood for this and is passing the time! Worth a read if your inclined....

The audiobook is pretty great too. Read by Will Wheaton, who has a hoot doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

madcabbage wrote: »
    Don't you get the bobblehead for free if you've pre-ordered? So basically some stickers and a hat with a box...

Really? Damn, I didn't know that, definitely makes it feel like less of a decent deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

brady12 wrote: »
    Pre ordered off the games collection using my irish address, underestimating how much I would want play this .now they won't change my delievery address to uk parcel motel .guess I won't be playing this launch day :(

Cancel the pre-order and order again?
    Angron wrote: »
    I'd get the Nuka Cola once it's Berry Lemonade Jones soda, and not Blue Bubblegum flavour.

Aye it is! But it's only for USA :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Loads of stuff getting leaked online.
    Trying to avoid it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Its nearly that time to say good bye to the internet

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Anyone know when this is available for pre-download on PS4? Sheehy, I know you were gonna do it - any ideas? Does pre-download mean you can install it too, just can't be used until 12am on Wednesday morning? Install takes a helluva long time, more so than d/l.

Was thinking I might do it on Saturday and then just be prepared for a completely unproductive day on Wednesday, arriving in work all red-eyed, unshaven and smelly (well, worse then I usually am) having spent all night on this.

Just looked at some of the leaked footage online. I'll not say anything other than the excitement has increased about tenfold now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I reckon it will be Thursday or Friday for the EU pre-loads to start with the US starting even earlier on Wednesday perhaps for PSN. I believe XBL loads have started for US members.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Anyone know when this is available for pre-download on PS4? Sheehy, I know you were gonna do it - any ideas? Does pre-download mean you can install it too, just can't be used until 12am on Wednesday morning?

Wednesday morning?!? Way earlier than that. Monday night. The game unlocks at 00:01 Monday night/tuesday morning local time everywhere in the world.

So in other words, we get it 5 hours before the USA east coast. But the australians get it 12 hours before us.....Monday afternoon our time.

Those on console will have to wait but the PC boys can technically use a VPN to unlock it Monday afternoon at 12 pm.

Kirby wrote: »
    Wednesday morning?!? Way earlier than that. Monday night. The game unlocks at 00:01 Monday night/tuesday morning local time everywhere in the world.

Ah balls, yeah, I got my times mixed up! So I'll be goosed on Tuesday AND Wednesday. The boss won't be happy.

Just saw this on twitter, thought it was funny...:pac:

367371.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Anyone know when this is available for pre-download on PS4? Sheehy, I know you were gonna do it - any ideas? Does pre-download mean you can install it too, just can't be used until 12am on Wednesday morning? Install takes a helluva long time, more so than d/l.

Yupp, I preordered on PS4. Going on past AAA games being released on a Tuesday (TUESDAY Frankie, not Wednesday, don't be giving me heart attacks!), the download can start 2-3 days before release so Sunday by latest I'd say and you can download the whole game. There will be a timer then that shows when the game will unlock for play which will be 12:01 Tuesday so Midnight Monday night. The install should be be like 5-10 minutes, was never longer than that for other digital games I downloaded.

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    (TUESDAY Frankie, not Wednesday, don't be giving me heart attacks!)

I'm losing the run of meself here :pac:

Just think. Exactly 7 days from now I'll be leaving the vault.

Oooh the anticipation is killing me. :P

So....what way is everybody planning on being on their first runs?

Hero of the wasteland or douchebag of the wasteland?

Anything to take away from the spoilers and leaked footage or we'll lose our f*cking minds!! :pac:

Is the karma system completely gone does anyone know? I never liked that system in games in general, much prefer the grey area like in Witcher 3. I don't want to pick the good option just because I'm going for a good karma unlock.

Also, it's cringey reading other forum posters give their impressio of the leaked footage and the amount of people are saying how horrible the game looks and will be a flop. I watched 2 seconds of a leaked clip before stopping myself but could instantly tell the footage was awful quality and it's not what the actual game is going to look like. Going to avoid all footage now, just 1 more week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Kirby wrote: »
    Just think. Exactly 7 days from now I'll be leaving the vault.

Oooh the anticipation is killing me. :P

Isn't it 8 days?
    Are you telling me you don't spend a full 24hrs creating your character? :pac:

madcabbage wrote: »
    So....what way is everybody planning on being on their first runs?
    Hero of the wasteland or douchebag of the wasteland?

I usually play as a decent enough skin, but if someone annoys me they get an incendiary bullet to the goolies.

Based on the layout of the perks above I'll probably look to max out Perception and Charisma anyway, not overly bothered about Strength other than boosting a bit so I can carry more crap!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭testaccount123

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I watched 2 seconds of a leaked clip before stopping myself but could instantly tell the footage was awful quality and it's not what the actual game is going to look like.
    How can you tell its not what the actual game will look like?

I hope you are right, the quality of the graphics and character animations are shockingly poor.

How can you tell its not what the actual game will look like?

I hope you are right, the quality of the graphics and character animations are shockingly poor.

Well the 2 seconds I saw were blurry low quality video where as the E3 video (not saying it will be the exact same as E3) was a lot crisper. I't just a bit mad to have people rip the game to shreds over a low quality video of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

This time next week I'll be playing Fallout 4 & disappearing off the face of the earth for a few months :D

• Advertisement

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Isn't it 8 days?
    Are you telling me you don't spend a full 24hrs creating your character? :pac:

You jest but I've spent the last 5 days huming and hawing over my build before settling on one. Followed by checking the fallout reddit every hour for updates perk lists. And now that we have a full list, I've already tweaked it again.

It's embarassing to be honest. :P

But I've settled on 1,6,3,3,4,5,6 :D

Advertisement