Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

simon360 wrote: »
    15 minutes or so until the timer stops on Thesurvivor2299.com finishes. What will it be?

Site is down now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

working for me, slow though, the morse took ages to come through

and it looks like it was a massive troll :D just a blank black page..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Site's loading very slowly for me :/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

it's clapped out completely now lol - must've been the electro-magnetic pulse

Still tells me it's unavailable. If this is a massive troll I may just cry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,218 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Its working for me:
    KVNGR REV ALPHA PPS VT PIZ UHMYLPVOQ CM XHWMZP.

NBJB SPI'F BYQS QT D'Y BYFGEOB FI VQDYL MAQ.

-NGQHT 5120-

Nuclear winter has come

And then a countdown timer.

Heres a screenshot: 73o7.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

The code reads THE INSTITUTE IS SEALED. THEY WON’T HELP US I’M HEADING TO BLACK ROW. -TBNLS 5120-
    aparantly The new morse code means Calling all stations, this is overseer 119 emergency enemy unknown, SOS. Vault 119 Quabbin 7667, repeat, SOS, Vault 119 Quabbin 7667 enemy unknown”

Really hope not a wind up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Tubbs4 wrote: »
    The code reads THE INSTITUTE IS SEALED. THEY WON’T HELP US I’M HEADING TO BLACK ROW. -TBNLS 5120-
    aparantly The new morse code means Calling all stations, this is overseer 119 emergency enemy unknown, SOS. Vault 119 Quabbin 7667, repeat, SOS, Vault 119 Quabbin 7667 enemy unknown”

Really hope not a wind up

How do you figure out the code >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Tubbs4

Guise. Theres no morse now ? :o

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭McSasquatch

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Guise. Theres no morse now ? :o

Are your speakers turned off? :pac: (working for me)

Are your speakers turned off? :pac: (working for me)

No, speakers on and Morse nonexistent :o

• Registered Users Posts: 13 hands211

Was playing some FNV today and thinking about Fallout 4. Fallout 3 and FNV were by far my favourite games from the current(or last now I suppose) generation of consoles and I'm a pretty big gamer. Just hope whatever Bethesda is doing with F4 doesn't differ from the gameplay and mechanics seen in 3 and NV it's already perfect in my eyes just needs a graphical uplift and to be able to run smoother

I've only ever played NV on 360, but I have it on the laptop as I got it in a Steam sale. I know it's heresy, but can I use the controller? I want to play it and all the DLC and maybe throw in a few mods if I can figure out how!

• Registered Users Posts: 13 hands211

I've only ever played NV on 360, but I have it on the laptop as I got it in a Steam sale. I know it's heresy, but can I use the controller? I want to play it and all the DLC and maybe throw in a few mods if I can figure out how!

As far I as I know you can't? Unless it's a wired one then you can yes

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

hands211 wrote: »
    As far I as I know you can't? Unless it's a wired one then you can yes

You can use the wireless one but need a USB wireless adapter for it if using a 360 pad.

Thanks lads, yeah it's the wired one so no issues there. Can I assign functions to the buttons? Sorry for the noob questions!

Thanks lads, yeah it's the wired one so no issues there. Can I assign functions to the buttons? Sorry for the noob questions!

Most games contain mapping or various configurations in the options menu just like the 360. Fallout should be the same but I wouldn't know off-hand.

It's the business - Plenty of cheap games that look better that are normally shíte with Mouse+KB at your finger-tips. While this isn't the case with Fallout I played NV on the 360 and had no issues. But when it came to Arkham Origins, Tomb Raider and Mark of the Ninja (to name a few I played lately) it was great.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Hi guys i have both Fallout 3 and New vegas only played a bit of both, ran into crash issues with Fallout and got fed up of it, then bought NV on steam sale last year.
    Im thinking of giving both a playthrough , should i play F3 before NV or does it matter?

Dcully wrote: »
    Hi guys i have both Fallout 3 and New vegas only played a bit of both, ran into crash issues with Fallout and got fed up of it, then bought NV on steam sale last year.
    Im thinking of giving both a playthrough , should i play F3 before NV or does it matter?

Story wise they are unrelated. But NV did improve on a lot of things offered by F3 (naturally) so you might find F3 a bit clunky and backward in some aspects if you play them the opposite way around.

Either way though, playing them back to back will be a serious commitent of time. I would break them up with a couple of quick games so you don't get overdosed on nucelar winter.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Story wise they are unrelated. But NV did improve on a lot of things offered by F3 (naturally) so you might find F3 a bit clunky and backward in some aspects if you play them the opposite way around.

Either way though, playing them back to back will be a serious commitent of time. I would break them up with a couple of quick games so you don't get overdosed on nucelar winter.

Thanks man, NV it is so.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Dcully wrote: »
    Doesn't matter. NV isn't a sequel to FO3. Obsidian did make some gameplay changes such as true ironsights in NV that can make FO3 a little frustrating if that kind of thing bothers you though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Get some mods as well, if you're playing it on the pc. Plenty of content mods, but you can skip those if it's the first time playing. Loads of small ones that improve the game massively though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Kiith wrote: »
    Get some mods as well, if you're playing it on the pc. Plenty of content mods, but you can skip those if it's the first time playing. Loads of small ones that improve the game massively though.
    Any recommendations, for either? I'm considering a playthrough of both at some stage before FO4 comes out presumably late 14,early 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Any recommendations, for either? I'm considering a playthrough of both at some stage before FO4 comes out presumably late 14,early 15.

I have some addition mods to FO:NV , no graphic additions though I'll post a picture of the list. I'd recommend Fallout Wanderers Edition if you want to play a bit hardcore with even more weapons than FOOK and the likes. I'd definitely go with Fellout and Electro city as base mods first for a puuuurty game. World of Pain adds a load of new enter-able buildings and dungeons with some sidequests and new items.FO mods.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Shy_Dave!

Hey, I bought Skyrim Legendary edition during the Steam sale just passed and have had New Vegas GOTY for over a year and a half without playing more than 10mins.
    Have been playing both nonstop though after modding them. Check out guides on Youtube by a guy named 'Gopher'.
    He goes from the very basics of modding and what he recommends will improve your experience.

I found his stuff very handy and easy to understand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

Fallout 3 will always be up there in my top 5 of all time. looking forward to this...if and when it sees the light of day.

Fallout 3 will always be up there in my top 5 of all time. looking forward to this...if and when it sees the light of day.

Same here, if only for the sheer 'What the f**k do I do now?' moment I experienced coming out of the Vault for the first time. I'd never experienced a game of that size before.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I'll see if i can get a list of the best (imo) mods in work today. Need to be careful using The Nexus though...lots of questionable material in there :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Advertisement