Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

Kirby wrote: »
    It does level with you. But it has ranges. For example, a starter area might have enemies with a range of level 5 -10. So if you rock up there at level 6, they will be level 6 plus or minus a level or two. If you are level 8, they will be level 8 plus or minus a level. But they cap at 10 so if you are 15, they stay at 10.

So there will be areas where you are overleveled for and can blast through easily and there will also be areas with high level ranges like 30-40 that will own you a few hours into the game if you go exploring. But if you follow the organic path laid out for you, the enemies will likely always be around your level.

That sucks

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

Kirby wrote: »
    It does level with you. But it has ranges. For example, a starter area might have enemies with a range of level 5 -10. So if you rock up there at level 6, they will be level 6 plus or minus a level or two. If you are level 8, they will be level 8 plus or minus a level. But they cap at 10 so if you are 15, they stay at 10.

So there will be areas where you are overleveled for and can blast through easily and there will also be areas with high level ranges like 30-40 that will own you a few hours into the game if you go exploring. But if you follow the organic path laid out for you, the enemies will likely always be around your level.

new vegas had the same system after people complained about the world levelling in 3. it didn't work very well. you weren't just shepherded down the path the developers wanted you to take you were very very harshly punished for straying off it, it was immersion breaking. you either follow the road down to primm at the start or you try to tackle the hilariously powerful cazadors and deathclaws, you didn't really have another option

compare that to fallout 3 where you can just walk up to rivet city by accident.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

strelok wrote: »
    new vegas had the same system after people complained about the world levelling in 3. it didn't work very well. you weren't just shepherded down the path the developers wanted you to take you were very very harshly punished for straying off it, it was immersion breaking. you either follow the road down to primm at the start or you try to tackle the hilariously powerful cazadors and deathclaws, you didn't really have another option

I found that pretty jarring too in New Vegas. But the thing to remember is New Vegas was made by Obsidian. This is Bethesda. It will be the same style as fallout3. They like their world leveling. Theyve had it in Oblivion, Skyrim and Fallout 3. It will be here. Just tweaked a little like what I described.

I suppose this is the fundamental difference, I prefer linear games to a degree. Later on you can go where you want once you get your bearings of the whole game. I prefer being gradually introduced to various areas rather than being paralyzed by overwhelming choice at the start.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Surely that's how it should be. A fresh faced vault dweller shouldn't be able to tackle a Deathclaw, and running away would be the only viable option. I would have thought that's more immersive then taking on a pack of Deathclaws with a 9mm pistol and bb gun.

There's not many ways of making a levelling system perfect, and people will complain either way, but this is as good as it gets in Bethesda games as far as i know.

Plus, it'll be modded all sorts of ways within a few weeks (on the pc at least).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,369 ✭✭✭xtal191

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Looks pretty slick on the PC, think the game still looks great when it has a slight cartoony edge to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Right lads, I'm shutting myself off this thread until at least this time 2 weeks.

I wish you well wandering.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

I still wonder where I will get this from.

Amazon out of the question. I am not fancying waiting 1 week for delivery.
    Gamestop 75eu, but that is the only shop I can get in my local town.
    I wonder if Argos will do it for 60eu again? Argos is pretty much spot on lately with new releases and 60eu price tag.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Amazon out of the question. I am not fancying waiting 1 week for delivery. Gamestop 75eu, but that is the only shop I can get in my local town. I wonder if Argos will do it for 60eu again? Argos is pretty much spot on lately with new releases and 60eu price tag.

Gameseek.co.uk e55

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Nice interview with Courtenay Taylor who voices the female player character.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/11/03/voice-actress-courtenay-taylor-fallout-4-is-like-a-pixar-movie

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭DukeAwesome

Dammit, was told by GameSeek as it's my first order my delivery address must be identical to my billing address. Sure hope an post don't keep it too long :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Dammit, was told by GameSeek as it's my first order my delivery address must be identical to my billing address. Sure hope an post don't keep it too long :(

I ordered from the game collection a while ago. I got it for €52 on the ps4 + parcel motel shipping. You might be able to get it a day early. I saw a few people here got metal gear early from these lads so I'm hoping for something similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I ordered from the game collection a while ago. I got it for €52 on the ps4 + parcel motel shipping. You might be able to get it a day early. I saw a few people here got metal gear early from these lads so I'm hoping for something similar.

Games collection is out of stock for a while now.

Was it your first time ordering off them, just out of curiosity?

EDIT: misread game collection for GameSeek my bad x)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Gameseek.co.uk e55

But its with parcel motel? Nearest one is in Cork, so I might as well get it in Argos if its 60 there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I'll be punting for argos and its magical 58.99/60 euro price tag, otherwise smiths for 65 is the next best thing.

Pip boy edition is just too rich for my blood, specially for something I'd never ever use.

Where is everyone getting the Argos price? Can't find fallout on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Where is everyone getting the Argos price? Can't find fallout on their website.

Argos have sold pretty much all new PS4/Xbox one releases for 60 or lower for ages now.

• Where is everyone getting the Argos price? Can't find fallout on their website.
    They only seem to appear on the website a day or two before release you can pre-book for collection once it appears.

• Advertisement

Argos have sold pretty much all new PS4/Xbox one releases for 60 or lower for ages now.

Oh really? Might just cancel my order from gameseek so and head to an Argos on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Here's also a youtube playlist of all confirmed songs so far "gleamed" from leaked videos: https://radd.it/r/fo4/comments/3r7y7o/vids

Liking the sound :D

I was bored in a meeting today, so decided to make a playlist of the mod I used previously Civil Defense Radio in youtube :P

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLbzlJlpiP-9hBBAhcku6ZwFSYgKJZsIPO

Also, in regards to people spending hours on their looks: How long does it really take to make you look like a Tunnel Snake? :P

Here is a song that will feature in-game so don't listen if you would see it as a spoiler.

Wouldn't be my type of music but it's a very cool song.

Right lads, I'm shutting myself off this thread until at least this time 2 weeks.

I wish you well wandering.

tNsQRT6.gif

• Zero-Cool wrote: »
    tNsQRT6.gif

Made my day Sheehy :D

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Made my day Sheehy :D

Compliments of NeoGaf :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Someone had an awesome Fallout 4 halloween costume in the Cork City forum.

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Someone had an awesome Fallout 4 halloween costume in the Cork City forum.

Whoa that's class! There was me looking for a blue boiler suit to stick some Yellow tape on :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

Kiith wrote: »
    Surely that's how it should be. A fresh faced vault dweller shouldn't be able to tackle a Deathclaw, and running away would be the only viable option. I would have thought that's more immersive then taking on a pack of Deathclaws with a 9mm pistol and bb gun.

There's not many ways of making a levelling system perfect, and people will complain either way, but this is as good as it gets in Bethesda games as far as i know.

Plus, it'll be modded all sorts of ways within a few weeks (on the pc at least).

i've no objection at all to there being areas and enemies the player can't even scratch until later in the game, it's just having it right there by the starting area and forcing you down a certain path

i'm not even saying it was terrible it was just jarring and, imo, a step down from fallout 3. I did prefer fo3 to new vegas though so clearly my opinion isn't worth ****.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

GeFsRZF.jpg

Advertisement