Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Here's a very thorough/professional video unboxing by Xbox UK's AceyBongos:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Really disappointed to hear there is world leveling in it again. It just makes the whole leveling up process of your character so shallow.

Bethesda do it every game. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

^ That's something that can be easily modded away, though. The only problem is then it would need balancing in a lot of other areas although I'm sure after a while people will have a good idea on how to make it work

Naomi Watts gets an update on the release date:
    https://instagram.com/p/9nDZlpFj8L/

At the moment, it's just a 531mb update for Fallout 4 after installing from disc on XB1. For those getting it on disc for console, hopefully it stays that way, nice and small:

VnNSFaR.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    At the moment, it's just a 531mb update for Fallout 4 after installing from disc on XB1. For those getting it on disc for console, hopefully it stays that way, nice and small:

VnNSFaR.jpg?1

Did you get the game early or did you just find that picture elsewhere.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

The minimum PC specs seem very high - they're higher than for GTA V for example. I'd have thought that this, using an older engine, wouldn't be too demanding.
    The issue is that my PC - which can play GTA V (albeit a bit roughly) - is well below their minimum spec in all areas (4GB vs 8GB, 2.66 quad core vs 2.8 and a 1GB gfx card vs 2gb).
    Are Bethesda covering themselves or are we expecting something a lot fancier than before? Won

They certainly make out like I need to upgrade but I find it surprising.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Is it the 10th yet???

367502.PNG

Did you get the game early or did you just find that picture elsewhere.

I wish. Some guy on reddit got his Xbox ONE Fallout 4 bundle early: https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/3rdovg/so_my_xbox_one_fallout_4_bundle_preorder_arrived/

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I wish. Some guy on reddit got his Xbox ONE Fallout 4 bundle early: https://www.reddit.com/r/Fallout/comments/3rdovg/so_my_xbox_one_fallout_4_bundle_preorder_arrived/

Damn. I was hoping we could inundate you with questions/requests. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭noisenotmusic

ixoy wrote: »
    The minimum PC specs seem very high - they're higher than for GTA V for example. I'd have thought that this, using an older engine, wouldn't be too demanding.
    The issue is that my PC - which can play GTA V (albeit a bit roughly) - is well below their minimum spec in all areas (4GB vs 8GB, 2.66 quad core vs 2.8 and a 1GB gfx card vs 2gb).
    Are Bethesda covering themselves or are we expecting something a lot fancier than before? Won

I'd imagine most machines that can play any other current game at a playable frame rate will be fine. They mention the R9 290 in the recommended specs which is way higher than I anticipated.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

ixoy wrote: »

Given that it looks like a modded Fallout 3 and half the animation assets seems recycled I wouldn't be too worried. It's probably just another game with bloated hardware specs.

Here's the specs for crysis 1 released in 2007

g7CpRjl.png

And here's what it can scale to graphically.

7kdCtwx.jpg?1
    Source and more

Looks a few dozen times better than anything in Fallout and very humble minimum and reccomended specifications.

For CPU it's not like it's some kind of RTS so it shouldn't have to calculate that much going on. Open world variables be about the only thing taxing the CPU. Lot of games asking for crazy CPUs and in the end the benchmarks show close to no framerate differences with their considerably lesser spec counterparts. It's so bad some ask for X amount of cores and in benchmarks it can't even use as many as it asks for.

So... it'll perform fine if you're playing GTAV.

And if it doesn't then it's inexcusable if they can't get a game with graphics and scope of this performing even on par with games that are more advanced in a lot of regards.

As always, wait for non-sponsored benchmarks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

joe123 wrote: »
    Really disappointed to hear there is world leveling in it again. It just makes the whole leveling up process of your character so shallow.

Bethesda do it every game. :(

Except for all the games they've never done it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Thanks a lot guys, much appreciated. I'll order using the PM address so :)

@CombatCow,
    I'm from Dublin too, just out of curiosity, do you use the UK PM address or the Irish address?

U.K. Address always

quarryman wrote: »
    Except for all the games they've never done it.

Maybe they use a blend?.

There certainly seemed to be more "Raiders" at the start when your skill level was low.

However I specifically remember in New Vegas you were told the route to take to avoid the harder foes.
    I remember cause on my first play through I made a firm decision that I was going to go over the edge behind the cemetery and straight line it up to the strip.

In fairness it was tough, plenty of Radscorpions and Deadclaws so from that respect it didn't seem to have a tiered enemy difficultly.

There's probably pros and cons to either system.
    Non tiered you could get unfairly punished earlier on and be constantly running/dying and then overpowered at the other end.
    Tiered you meet harder enemies as you're maxing out and still finding challenges.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

I liked fallouts approach to levelling.

Witcher 3. Being a bad ass witcher but killed by 2 mangey guards( that were always levels higher no matter how far into the game). kinda ruined the mood.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Poor taste

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Poor taste

Poor hilarious taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Boss should have told them to 'use rad-away to save the day' and get back to work. Idiots

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Atom Cats
    are the new tunnel snakes confirmed. :p

What it feels like playing Fallout after 7 years:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

What it feels like playing Fallout after 7 years:

Seen that on reddit, i think he done a good job on it, dying for this game now, ive next week off!

ive next week off!

Bastardo!

I checked my allocation in work and I have 0.28 days :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

mewso wrote: »

This jokes even funnier coz the boss is a woman...." Covers so called poor taste in a bucket of sexism " distracts outragers..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

This is €48 on ps4 on Tesco's system at the moment. Was told this would probably change before release however

ShaneU wrote: »
    This is €48 on ps4 on Tesco's system at the moment. Was told this would probably change before release however

Looks to be £40 in Engerlund.
    http://www.tesco.com/direct/fallout-4-ps4/676-1164.prd

Currency converter brings that to €56.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Bastardo!

I checked my allocation in work and I have 0.28 days :(

So many rookies.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Got a massive project dropped on us in a meeting yesterday, looking like no Fallout for me for a month at least :(

People were bitching about childcare and picking kids up from school etc while this was going on and asking if they were going to get any support on that, I was nearly pissed off enough to ask what about those of us with Fallout IV on preorder :mad:

• Advertisement

• Any indication of the differences in the X1 and the PS4 versions as of yet? Not sure which console to pick it up for.

Advertisement