Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Any indication of the differences in the X1 and the PS4 versions as of yet? Not sure which console to pick it up for.

Reports indicate that the X1 was/is the lead platform for the game as they ported Skyrim from the 360 to the X1 to get an idea on how to develop for the X1.

Bethesda never had a good record for developing for the PS3 in the past but the PS4 is very different and closer to the X1 development wise.

Mods wise the X1 will get them quicker, they will be added to PS4 later. The PS4 is more powerful though and every multiplat game so far has either run at a higher res, graphic quality or frame rate than the X1 to date. It all depends how it's optimised, some developers just optimise for the X1 and don't bother to push the PS4 version that little bit further to save time and costs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Bastardo!

I checked my allocation in work and I have 0.28 days :(

Yea ive never taken time off for a game before but thought i needed a good run at this one haha

I had a dream that I was in the Wasteland.

FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Apparently there is an instagram account with the ending leaked, so think twice before clicking any spoiler links.

My head would be absolutely wrecked if i found out the ending before playing the game

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I had a dream that I was in the Wasteland.

FFS.

Don't you mean the commonwealth? :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,891 ✭✭✭✭Hugo Stiglitz

Thargor wrote: »
    People were bitching about childcare and picking kids up from school etc while this was going on and asking if they were going to get any support on that, I was nearly pissed off enough to ask what about those of us with Fallout IV on preorder :mad:

Damn breeders! :mad::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Apparently there is an instagram account with the ending leaked, so think twice before clicking any spoiler links.

My head would be absolutely wrecked if i found out the ending before playing the game
    yeah me too, i would really really hate that.

dreamers75 wrote: »
    yeah me too, i would really really hate that.

Why did you put that into a spoiler tag :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

That was dangerous.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Well there goes the money from my account for the pip boy edition and incomes a bunch of essys for college

• Advertisement

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Well there goes the money from my account for the pip boy edition and incomes a bunch of essys for college

Where did you order from, gamestop was it?

I'm still waiting on game.co.uk to take my moolah. Tomorrow supposedly as they've had problems with their payment system.

Interesting thing is, people who ordered from game have already received their bobbleheads. I would have assumed they would have just shipped them with the game :confused:

Aaronjumper posted this over on the Gaming Humour thread. I think everyone here who hasn't seen it would enjoy it :D
    Fallout Gaming Immersion by Rooster Teeth. They are trying to see if people with limited knowledge and resources could survive in a wasteland.

It's just a bit of fun and it is part 1. Also it's 11 minutes long.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Doesn't look too promising for those hoping to receive the game before release, seems UK retailers will be receiving the game on Saturday and shipping it then so I'm guessing parcel motel won't start processing it until Monday morning and it normally then takes them a day to get it to your motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Aaronjumper posted this over on the Gaming Humour thread. I think everyone here who hasn't seen it would enjoy it :D

Well worth a watch, fecking lol at the
    Tunnel Snakes
    . Looking forward to part 2.

Doesn't look too promising for those hoping to receive the game before release, seems UK retailers will be receiving the game on Saturday and shipping it then so I'm guessing parcel motel won't start processing it until Monday morning and it normally then takes them a day to get it to your motel.

I'd only consider buying online for something I'm not overly hyped to play.

For Fallout, hype aside, it will have massive replayability and I'll certainly go through it twice so having a sellable disc isn't a massive edge for me.

Adding the Fallout 3 pre order bonus(not exactly clarified on Gameseek that it was included and similar uncertainty with the likes of Tesco) and it just makes more sense to try get it from one of the Asian Xbox stores and get it mid Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Could someone just answer a couple of silly questions for me in relation to how the perks etc work? (I'm starting to really think about my character build and it's been ages since I played F3/FNV).

If you distribute your SPECIAL points at the start, whatever way you want, say 4,4,4,4,4,4,4. Does that mean you can choose a related perk up to the fourth level in that each category when you level up?

Then, every so often you level up, getting to add a perk or one SPECIAL point - is that right? When do you get to add the few points to each of your attributes, like speech, etc?

How often does a level-up happen?

You'd think I'd never played one of these games before with such basic questions :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Where did you order from, gamestop was it?

I'm still waiting on game.co.uk to take my moolah. Tomorrow supposedly as they've had problems with their payment system.

Interesting thing is, people who ordered from game have already received their bobbleheads. I would have assumed they would have just shipped them with the game :confused:

Gamestop

Adding the Fallout 3 pre order bonus(not exactly clarified on Gameseek that it was included and similar uncertainty with the likes of Tesco) and it just makes more sense to try get it from one of the Asian Xbox stores and get it mid Monday.

All Xb1 physical copies of the game come with a slip inside the cover with a code for Fallout 3.

I wouldn't buy from the Asian markets as its not out there until the 11th so it would be mid Tuesday our time before getting to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

McLoughlin wrote: »

College....... College never changes

All Xb1 physical copies of the game come with a slip inside the cover with a code for Fallout 3.

I wouldn't buy from the Asian markets as its not out there until the 11th so it would be mid Tuesday our time before getting to play it.

Good spot, didn't notice the date and only heard "WW 10th".

Regardless the US store is e54ish and will unlock 4 hours after 12am which is still a hell of a lot better price/reliability wise than waiting on an order you cant bare to be late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Gamestop have taken my money for the Pipbpy edition. Fingers legs and toes crossed it comes early or not late!! :eek:

Bethesda just posted a new article: The Graphics Technology of Fallout 4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Bethesda just posted a new article: The Graphics Technology of Fallout 4

The dude in the first pic is now my new wallpaper. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Seriously debating taking the day off work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Seriously debating taking the day off work.

I've booked it off myself lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Pricks!

I can't even ring in sick as I used up that **** last month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I have the whole week off from Monday, no leave taken or anything. It just coincided with the release rather nicely. Now let's just to hope I don't die before then.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just got a message from Xbox Live with the redeemable code for Fallout 3, sweet.

An unexpected collaboration between Fallout 4 & Forza 6 gives Forza players a new skin for a current in game car from today, as well as a completely new car solely based from Fallout 4 in 2016 "Also coming soon, for a limited time, all players of Fallout 4 on Xbox One will receive the super sleek Chryslus Rocket 69 coupe – the future of speed!"

Most people here probably won't care about this but it's a bit of fun for free for owners of both games currently :)

No images of the Rocket 69 coupe yet but here is the Ford F100 with new skin:

g18hCdx.jpg?1

CNpCiXu.jpg?1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I have the whole week off from Monday, no leave taken or anything. It just coincided with the release rather nicely. Now let's just to hope I don't die before then.

lol. Jasus.

Advertisement