Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

maximoose wrote: »
    Just got a message from Xbox Live with the redeemable code for Fallout 3, sweet.

How come ye get that. Wasnt Fallout a PS exclusive before even?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

J Mysterio wrote: »
    How come ye get that. Wasnt Fallout a PS exclusive before even?

No, 360 got the F3 DLC before PS3, and now XB1 is getting the F4 bundle.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Could someone just answer a couple of silly questions for me in relation to how the perks etc work? (I'm starting to really think about my character build and it's been ages since I played F3/FNV).

If you distribute your SPECIAL points at the start, whatever way you want, say 4,4,4,4,4,4,4. Does that mean you can choose a related perk up to the fourth level in that each category when you level up?

Then, every so often you level up, getting to add a perk or one SPECIAL point - is that right? When do you get to add the few points to each of your attributes, like speech, etc?

How often does a level-up happen?

You'd think I'd never played one of these games before with such basic questions :pac:

There are no attributes any more. When you level up you have the option of choosing a perk or increasing a SPECIAL stat.

No, 360 got the F3 DLC before PS3, and now XB1 is getting the F4 bundle.

Bah

There are no attributes any more. When you level up you have the option of choosing a perk or increasing a SPECIAL stat.

Ya but your SPECIAL stats are your attributes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Bah

Blah!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,521 ✭✭✭joe123

Is there any video or anything anywhere explaining how it works?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Forza is the one game i wish Sony could get a sniff of.

Anyway, someone posted the 'making of Fallout 4' article from new issue of game informer on imgur. Looking forward to giving it a read, hopefully no spoilers.

http://m.imgur.com/a/RNqL5

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

joe123 wrote: »

What's there to explain? When you level up you choose a perk. If you want you can choose to increase a SPECIAL stat instead.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Forza is the one game i wish Sony could get a sniff of.

Anyway, someone posted the 'making of Fallout 4' article from new issue of game informer on imgur. Looking forward to giving it a read, hopefully no spoilers.

http://m.imgur.com/a/RNqL5

****it. I started reading that article and it is a little spoilery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

joe123 wrote: »

• Registered Users Posts: 49 myrns

Anywhere I can pre-order Pip with Fallout 4? Probably a really stupid question but it's for a birthday present :(

myrns wrote: »
    Anywhere I can pre-order Pip with Fallout 4? Probably a really stupid question but it's for a birthday present :(

Nope, sold out pretty much Worldwide now. If you had of asked up to a few days ago you probably could have gotten a PS4 Pipboy edition from gamestop.ie but all gone now.

Adverts.ie or ebay be your only chance if you really want one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

http://webm.land/media/tmp/a5640088-1e8f-423c-82bf-6d6b64748b1c.webm

Leaked footage. Map crossed in 11 minutes with enemies unable to stop the player(confirmed). FoV locked to 60 (unconfirmed)

Right im unfollowing this thread now, not worth it this close to release.

Enjoy the game everyone!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Gamestop online still have them for PS4 only, I just cancelled my pipboy edition yesterday and I'm going digital instead.

Gamestop online still have them for PS4 only, I just cancelled my pipboy edition yesterday and I'm going digital instead.

Nah they're gone a few days now: https://www.gamestop.ie/PlayStation%204/Games/52638/fallout-4-pip-boy-edition

but might pop up if the few people cancel like yourself, or gamestop might have backup orders from people in store either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Why you cancel?

I've got games through the US Store before but has anyone used the Aus Store?

It says 'available 9 Nov' on their site allright.
    99 AU$ = €65, same cost as my Smyths preorder.

Yeah I went Aussie shtyle for the first time because Fallout!

Should be playing it 2pm Irish time on the 9th.

• Advertisement

Wonder why Australia is the normal date when Singapore/HK seem to be the 11th... Yes Aus isn't Asia but its the same time zone per se.

I'd nearly be tempted to go with that and pay the extra e10 as Tuesday is my only "official day" off College so having it that night would be perfect(US store means its a non runner and only physical I'd consider now would be a Tesco midnight at <60).

I think i'll do it. Always a little tense though! And you dont get the little map or whatever...

You know this is going to be EVERYONE here come release day :D

12191075_931759356900806_84529989723608485_n.jpg?oh=94c8cc3ec9d7f767dc1d7b629b4fb575&oe=56B8249C

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

How long is pizza good to reheat? Trying to figure how long a slab of monster and half a dozen pizzas will keep me going........ :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Amazon.fr have plenty, getting mine from there.

http://www.amazon.fr/Fallout-4-Pip-Boy-Edition/dp/B00ZP7ABNE/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1446671748&sr=8-3&keywords=fallout+4+ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Why you cancel?

I never intended on getting the Pipboy Edition, it was an impulse buy last week. Then after watching the unboxing videos I decided I was not worth the price.

I'd rather put the extra cash towards the season pass and a few beers to enjoy the game with.

I think i'll do it. Always a little tense though! And you dont get the little map or whatever...

The perk poster you get with the game? Print your own: http://imgur.com/s1YPaLm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

I never intended on getting the Pipboy Edition, it was an impulse buy last week. Then after watching the unboxing videos I decided I was not worth the price.

I'd rather put the extra cash towards the season pass and a few beers to enjoy the game with.

/Stares at his Fallout 3 lunchbox, wondering where the hip flask and bobblehead have (long) gone to.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

OH MA GAWD the Pip Boy app is live on the Google Play store and it is savage! It has a demo mode since there is no game to connect to. Very smooth and all noises in place. This makes me really really really want a pip boy...

search Bethesda on the store if you can't find it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bethsoft.falloutcompanionapp

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    OH MA GAWD the Pip Boy app is live on the Google Play store and it is savage! It has a demo mode since there is no game to connect to. Very smooth and all noises in place. This makes me really really really want a pip boy...

search Bethesda on the store if you can't find it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...utcompanionapp

I thought you were trolling at first lol

This link should work for everyone: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.bethsoft.falloutcompanionapp

Advertisement