Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Essien wrote:
    I might have a go of this. Would you miss much by not having played 3?

3 & New Vegas are great games but aren't totally necessary to play 4 no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Interestingly, people who haven't even been charged a deposit received their bobbleheads today from them.

I haven't even been confirmed that I'm still getting a bobblehead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

CombatCow wrote: »
    Fallout Pip-Boy for iOS
    https://appsto.re/ie/UM2H-.i

App will be useful during the game! Map looks small, i am hoping it doesnt feel small and the game is packed full of things, hopefully alot of random encounters i loved that wbout fallout 3.

Cant wait at this stage, roll on monday night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭trixiebust

Mine was debited last Thursday as I had preordered 28 days before release

About the same as me, ordered on the 10th October. Presume it will be taken the next couple of days.

Wing126 wrote:
    I haven't even been confirmed that I'm still getting a bobblehead.

Every pre-order with game & GameStop are getting bobbleheads. :)

• Advertisement

Anyone into board games? This person received their Monopoly: Fallout edition already, looks fun :o

http://imgur.com/a/0nCoo

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Somebody modded the shít out of their XB1 :eek:

That looks super impressive, but that is actual rust. A bit foolish. Flakes of rust are going to mess that machine up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

But is the bobblehead worth a tenner as Smyth's are €10 cheaper, maybe Argos will be 15

scudzilla wrote: »
    But is the bobblehead worth a tenner as Smyth's are €10 cheaper, maybe Argos will be 15

It's up to you. To me it would be but not everyone would want to pay extra for one. Bethesda sells them for $20 each before shipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭ciano1

Essien wrote:

Nah. Sure war never changes!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Unless your from Tralee because they don't deserve them, going into them today to give them hell :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Essien wrote: »

I'd recommend playing 3 first, if only because it probably won't be as amazing after 4. Brilliant game though. Can probably go from 3 right to 4 though, NV wasn't up to scratch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

What graphics card would you need for this game to run great. I have 2 nvidea gtx 560s 1 gbs. Searved me well over the last 2 years but when i tryed ark survival evolved i felt they arnt up to the task anymore. Rest of my system is fine. intel i7, 16gb ram, ssd drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

M!Ck^ wrote: »

I saw a good few of those last night when I was looking for the pipboy app on play store :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

What graphics card would you need for this game to run great. I have 2 nvidea gtx 560s 1 gbs. Searved me well over the last 2 years but when i tryed ark survival evolved i felt they arnt up to the task anymore. Rest of my system is fine. intel i7, 16gb ram, ssd drive.

iirc a GTX 560 is about the minumum spec, two running together might fare better... I just got a GTX 960 4gb one to replace my 560.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

It really depends on the monitor. Not great on SLI set-ups but I if they work like x-fire the memory is duplicated meaning you only have 1Gb which is going to be a huge drawback on modern monitors. Even 1080p is going to be a struggle.

I always find Tom's a good headline guide:

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-graphics-card-review,3107.html

Terrorfirmer - quite possibly the nicest man on boards is selling a 290X on adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

App will be useful during the game! Map looks small, i am hoping it doesnt feel small and the game is packed full of things, hopefully alot of random encounters i loved that wbout fallout 3.

Cant wait at this stage, roll on monday night

Map looks small but what's worse still is a lot of mountain and water there taking up space that you probably can't use. Really was wanting a huge map but suppose if its packed with content then I'm happy.

Terrorfirmer - quite possibly the nicest man on boards is selling a 290X on adverts.

Even better again, a 390x
    http://www.adverts.ie/graphics-cards/msi-r9-390x-twin-frozr-8gb/9172551?notification=e43e3778dffffb1d94f1c257b97e98b6-1446677805#comment_58781184

Unless he has a 290x for sale too of course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

I'd honestly say for people looking to.upgrade their pc now is a pretty good time. A 290 or 390 will run the game great and do you for years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

You're right it is a 390x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 470 ✭✭moonlighting

Thanks for the advice guys. I am going to get a GTX 960 4gb. Where to buy now is the thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

As for the map, a few people posted that in Fallout 4, there are
    marked locations. Fallout 3 had 167 so I'm not too woried about the size.

Also, this is the best SPECIAL and Perk tool I've seen yet for pre-creating your character.

http://www.nukahub.com/tools/special?s=3&p=4&e=3&c=6&i=6&a=3&l=2

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

GT860M? Will it cut it? Cruises along with Skyrim

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Thanks for the advice guys. I am going to get a GTX 960 4gb. Where to buy now is the thing.

I'd ask a bit more maybe in the Fallout 4 PC thread. There's been talk of the hardware specs and whether to upgrade or not on page 19. Sure post your specs there and see what some of the other boardsies say.

Waiting for benchmarks after the game is out is the clearest way to know what hardware it's capable of running on. Numbers don't lie. Unless of you want to play day 1 in which case you simply cannot really know how it runs.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    As for the map, a few people posted that in Fallout 4, there are
    marked locations. Fallout 3 had 167 so I'm not too woried about the size.

Also, this is the best SPECIAL and Perk tool I've seen yet for pre-creating your character.

http://www.nukahub.com/tools/special?s=3&p=4&e=3&c=6&i=6&a=3&l=2

Apparently there is a lot of underground and indoor stuff. I'm not worried about the size at all. There'll be plenty to see and do.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Just read that people are posting massive spoilers on youtube comments for MrMattyPlays (who does a lot of Fallout Vids) and I'm guessing TheNthApple will be getting the same. Absolute gowls out there, but careful watching any Fallout vids leading up to and after the launch.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

You have to be a serious piece of **** to get enjoyment from spoiling games (or any other media) for someone.

• Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Just read that people are posting massive spoilers on youtube comments for MrMattyPlays (who does a lot of Fallout Vids) and I'm guessing TheNthApple will be getting the same. Absolute gowls out there, but careful watching any Fallout vids leading up to and after the launch.

No offence but maybe people should just not watch the videos and just wait for the game and experience it themselves.

I haven't watched anything on this since E3.

What's the point of finding out about the potential surprises in store before the game launch's I just don't get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Anyone seen Adverts and Donedeal for the Pipboy editions and the mental prices they're charging? Some silly figures up there.

Advertisement