Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

So much for pre loading on PSN. Just checked now and it states pre loading will only start on Monday. So thats 24hrs for all the digital pre orders to download the game. PSN is going to crash and burn big time. Really Sony, they have not learned a thing. PSN will be under pressure from all the Blops 3 online traffic too.

Was is it not meant to be the 8th?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Xenji wrote: »
    Was is it not meant to be the 8th?

It says on PSN, payment may be taken from the 8th-11th and pre load is expected to start on the 9th.

Pre loads should start from tomorrow imo and give everyone enough time and time for the network to spread the traffic load over 4 days. They must be afraid of someone hacking the files on modded consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,936 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

So I have a question in relation to setting up my character on the vault 111 website. I have the points set out as I want but how many perks can I activate one from or could i optimize one to the highest level I can or is it just 1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Anyone else not all that excited about the combat side of things? I think I've reached a saturation point of in terms of FPS games. This looks like a generic shooter most of the time.

I might go for a melee character.

Yeah i wouldn't expect any new advances in the shooting but......THINGS DYING IN SLOW MOTION

VATs kills never get old

Yeah i wouldn't expect any new advances in the shooting but......THINGS DYING IN SLOW MOTION

VATs kills never get old

The shooting mechanics between this and F3 are night and day. In F3 you basically had to use VATs but in this it's on par with standard fps games which is nice as you don't need to use VATs so much anymore.

• Advertisement

VATs kills never get old

I wish they somehow went back to a more turned based system like in fallout 2. VATS is great.
    The shooting mechanics between this and F3 are night and day. In F3 you basically had to use VATs but in this it's on par with standard fps games which is nice as you don't need to use VATs so much anymore.

Shooting mechanics look identical to me.

Shooting mechanics look identical to me.

World apart, you can see it in the gameplay vids straight away, Howard even made a big point about that mechanic improvement in the E3 reveal saying alot of work went into the free aim fps shooting and that it acts and feels more like a true fps game now.

World apart, you can see it in the gameplay vids straight away, Howard even made a big point about that mechanic improvement in the E3 reveal saying alot of work went into the free aim fps shooting and that it acts and feels more like a true fps game now.

You sound like you know what you're talking about. I only watched that video and compared it to my memory of the game from years ago :pac:

Its good that they changed the feel of the combat, arguably for the worse for me though

You sound like you know what you're talking about. I only watched that video and compared it to my memory of the game from years ago :pac:

Its good that they changed the feel of the combat, arguably for the worse for me though

I actually am a very good judge of a game from just a video of it imo. I can take a look at a game and tell if it's in any way good to me or the feel of it. I can't explain it but I just can. I can tell from a gameplay vid if a game has floaty controls or they have a bit of weight to them.

Call it BS if you want.

I just know and remember how terrible the shooting was in F3, this looks so much different.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I just know and remember how terrible the shooting was in F3, this looks so much different.

God I hope so, Aiming in F3 is so static. Incredibly hard to ADS.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I actually am a very good judge of a game from just a video of it imo. I can take a look at a game and tell if it's in any way good to me or the feel of it. I can't explain it but I just can. I can tell from a gameplay vid if a game has floaty controls or they have a bit of weight to them.

Call it BS if you want.

Someone on reddit who got an early copy said the shooting is much better in this and it's a proper fps now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

****kkkk

3kPqagp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Its not an FPS tho, the mechanics look to have changed to cater for FPS players tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I remember a Sony digital preorder saying it would predownload the day before but the preload started 3 days before so I'm hoping it's the same here. Sony are way behind MS with this thing as MS predownload can start weeks before release. Will just have to wait and see but I'd say I'll be okay if I start the download Monday morning, will have 15 hours to download so should be grand*

*Better be grand! *shakes fist at Sony*

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭Shougeki

LIES! I didn't even know it existed for 3/4 and at that point I was set in my ways. You can't teach a new Dogmeat new tricks! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Perception and agility (with a bit in intelligence) to start most likely for you. Im going to have a detailed look myself this weekend. From what I've heard you can get everything the game has to offer because the level cap is unlimited, it just depends on the order you assign your specials and perks.

This is probably the build I'll go with.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

madcabbage wrote: »
    Anyone seen Adverts and Donedeal for the Pipboy editions and the mental prices they're charging? Some silly figures up there.

Gonna start trolling a few :D

Right so I'm gonna leave getting the pip boy edition. So there's a pip-boy reserved in Stephens green gamestop with €5 deposit if anyone wants it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Luke92 wrote: »
    Right so I'm gonna leave getting the pip boy edition. So there's a pip-boy reserved in Stephens green gamestop with €5 deposit if anyone wants it?

State what platform it is for whoever wants it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

This is probably the build I'll go with.

http://www.nukahub.com/tools/special?s=2&p=4&e=4&c=1&i=9&a=6&l=2

This what I'm going with I think. High intelligence for XP. Only a bobblehead away from armourer, ninja, bloody mess and aqua boy (which I hope is good with all the water). I might move 1 from perception to charisma so I'm only a bobblehead away from lone wanderer.

Though I'm worried local leader will be really good and I want to get into settlements so that might be a good perk to get. I'll just have to put some perk points into charisma if it is a good perk.

• Advertisement

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    State what platform it is for whoever wants it.

Good idea. Playstation 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Super value will hardly stock it will they ,?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Got my bobblehead from game.co.uk this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Had ordered merchandise from Amazon to be told for the second time this week it wouldn't arrive on the expected time. For some reason they ain't stocking most of the gear till December now. Got a email with an apology from them and all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

matrim wrote: »
    Got my bobblehead from game.co.uk this morning

Same here, even though I cancelled the fecking order three months ago. :pac:

Game UK took my payment today but overcharged me by 20 pound... FFS, dealing with their customer care is a nightmare because they don't reply for 3 days and the live chat support never seems to work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Wing126 wrote: »
    Game UK took my payment today but overcharged me by 20 pound... FFS, dealing with their customer care is a nightmare because they don't reply for 3 days and the live chat support never seems to work for me.

How much was it supposed to be in euro?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Dair76 wrote: »
    Same here, even though I cancelled the fecking order three months ago. :pac:

How long does delivery take from Game once you get shipping confirmation ?

• Advertisement

matrim wrote: »
    How much was it supposed to be in euro?

140, 150 odd. Was the Pip Boy Edition.

I made a pre-order and then they said they won't ship to Ireland, so I had to change the address to Parcel Motel. Did that over the phone with their sales team and was told I'd be paying 80 pound (the price on my order was 80 pound up until they took payment today where it was changed back to full price) because I already paid my 20 pound deposit with the original pre-order.

I have two pre-orders, one with Game and one with Gamestop. A friend of mine is taking the order from Game and I'm picking up the order from Gamestop.

Advertisement