Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I ended up cancelling my physical pre-order and am going digital now instead for the peace of mind that I won't need to wait for anything

I did cave in last night and checked out one of the guys streaming it and may or may not have let out a girly squeel of happiness when I spotted
    SHAME ON YOU! 4 DAYS LEFT AND YOU ALMOST RUINED THE SURPRISE. YOU BEST UNFOLLOW THIS THREAD AND LOCK YOURSELF IN A DARK ROOM UNTIL TUESDAY :p

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

x43r0 wrote: »
    I ended up cancelling my physical pre-order and am going digital now instead for the peace of mind that I won't need to wait for anything

I did cave in last night and checked out one of the guys streaming it and may or may not have let out a girly squeel of happiness when I spotted
    SHAME ON YOU! 4 DAYS LEFT AND YOU ALMOST RUINED THE SURPRISE. YOU BEST UNFOLLOW THIS THREAD AND LOCK YOURSELF IN A DARK ROOM UNTIL TUESDAY :p

HAHAHA That was brilliant! I stared at the post for a minute before unhiding the spoiler letter by letter just to see what it was generally about.....

Shame-Bell-Lady-From-Game-Thrones.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Anyone order from The Game Collection manage to get an early copy yet? Been checking my phone constantly for Parcel Motel to text me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I asked a guy on reddit who got the game early: "Did you try the pipboy companion app with it? Does it work smoothly?"

He replied:
    "It works amazingly. You tap the weapon you want twice and your character instantly changes. Best damn companion app to date. Howard was right."

Sounds promising :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

madcabbage wrote: »
    Had ordered merchandise from Amazon to be told for the second time this week it wouldn't arrive on the expected time. For some reason they ain't stocking most of the gear till December now. Got a email with an apology from them and all.

Amazons delivery times have really gone down hill in recent months, pre ordered new releases have been taking up to two weeks to arrive and do not even dispatch on launch day.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,460 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

What a time to be alive - you can use a dedicated, separate app to change weapons. Who needs a mouse wheel or 'Y'/triangle button - cavemen, that's who!

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

GAME are at it again and have cancelled a slew of Pip Boy pre orders, its not been a good couple of months for them, same happened with MGS and Mario Maker.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-11-06-fallout-4-fans-furious-as-game-cancels-pip-boy-edition-pre-orders

Dair76 wrote: »
    Same here, even though I cancelled the fecking order three months ago. :pac:

You received a bobblehead for free then? Niice ha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Expected download still the 8'th as previously announced.

CTIkfLRWEAAMbfn.jpg

CombatCow wrote: »
    Expected download still the 8'th as previously announced.

Did you pre-order from U.S store by any chance?

I heard it's pre-loadable from U.S from 8th but 9th for UK/Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Not my pic, but I pre-ordered from the Irish store, interested to see if the date is updated. **yup my download says the 9'th**

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Did you pre-order from U.S store by any chance?

I heard it's pre-loadable from U.S from 8th but 9th for UK/Ireland.

It's the 9th here alright.

That picture must be of a US account as the date format is US.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I'm scared what will happen to this forum when Fallout releases.
    Will I be in here by myself? I'll only wreck the place with no adult supervision.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

I've to find somewhere fast to download 28gb of data of steam :(

I've a top download speed of 125kb/s. Going to be a while...

Mycroft H wrote: »
    I've to find somewhere fast to download 28gb of data of steam :(

I've a top download speed of 125kb/s. Going to be a while...

Where are you based?

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

Getting a bit worried my Gameseek order won't be delivered for release day, can anyone reassure me that they have a good track record sending Pre-Orders on time to Ireland? I'm going to come home drunk tonight and order it on the PSN otherwise :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Getting a bit worried my Gameseek order won't be delivered for release day, can anyone reassure me that they have a good track record sending Pre-Orders on time to Ireland? I'm going to come home drunk tonight and order it on the PSN otherwise :D

No hope. They've lost my items twice now and I'm still waiting on MGS5 even though they say it was shipped but the tracking number dosent work :(

Sikeeeeeeeee :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

I want to have this on Tuesday and games collection won't let me change my delivery address to parcel motel .anywhere online I could order this for a decent price and have it Tuesday ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Couldn't trust Amazon to deliever on time could I?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

That_Guy wrote: »
    Anyone order from The Game Collection manage to get an early copy yet? Been checking my phone constantly for Parcel Motel to text me.

Game collection have said they are not shipping until Monday now, I've cancelled mine as it would probably be Wednesday before you'd get it.

http://www.thegamecollection.net/fallout4-shipping/

They're saying Bethesda are being very strict so UK retailers won't be getting stock from suppliers until Monday, I'm not sure if it affects other online retailers like gameseek

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Was just in argos and they were putting out Christmas catalogues, checked inside and fallout 4 was €69.99 for ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

scudzilla wrote: »
    Was just in argos and they were putting out Christmas catalogues, checked inside and fallout 4 was €69.99 for ps4

Yeah but the first week or two, it'll be 59/60 odd almost certainly.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Yeah but the first week or two, it'll be 59/60 odd almost certainly.

€48 in Tesco

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

What a time to be alive - you can use a dedicated, separate app to change weapons. Who needs a mouse wheel or 'Y'/triangle button - cavemen, that's who!

:pac:

Apps? Default controls? Hah

Go borderless and emulate the app on your secondary screen. Constant limb status/map :D

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

Game collection have said they are not shipping until Monday now, I've cancelled mine as it would probably be Wednesday before you'd get it.

http://www.thegamecollection.net/fallout4-shipping/

They're saying Bethesda are being very strict so UK retailers won't be getting stock from suppliers until Monday, I'm not sure if it affects other online retailers like gameseek

I've sent Gameseek an email to ask if they intend to post on Saturday or Monday, will put the reply here if I get one.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

ShaneU wrote: »
    €48 in Tesco

For fallout 4? Thats very low.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

Feck sale Game. What a collosal **** up.
    brady12 wrote: »
    Couldn't trust Amazon to deliever on time could I?

Not a hope. Though you could get it the day after release using parcel motel.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I've sent Gameseek an email to ask if they intend to post on Saturday or Monday, will put the reply here if I get one.

They bloody better!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

How does the app communicate with the game? I assume its wi-fi but does it just work? Theres usually a lot of fiddling with these things.

Advertisement