Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Actually I think they might have sent it with DPD, not sure if they work on Saturday in UK or not. I won't hold my breath either way but it would be a nice surprise :D

It's E150 for DPD. And it costs 149.99. So.......I'm really not sure lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Sarn

Just got mine as well. €30 for me.

Same here. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Someone on Reddit spoke a bit about min/maxing your character in Fallout at the start. It's not spoilerish but DON'T click the link if you want to go in blind. I'm including it here because I know a lot of people don't know how they want to start their character with perks and S.P.E.C.I.A.L and everything else.

https://www.reddit.com/r/fo4/comments/3ruodn/my_biggest_mistakeregret_so_far_2030_hours_in/

EDIT: The comments are really, really interesting too.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

6th NOV 2015: PLEASE NOTE THIS ITEM IS IN EXTREME HIGH DEMAND AND WHERE AS WE WILL TRY OUR BEST WE CAN NO LONGER GUARANTEE POSTING BEFORE RELEASE DATE - WE ARE DUE OUR SECOND STOCK DELIVERY MONDAY 9th OR LATEST TUESDAY 10th NOVEMBER - IF YOU ORDER NOW YOUR ITEM WILL BE POSTED ON EITHER OF THESE DATES.

Update from game seek website. Poop.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Dan Bull has come out with his Fallout 4 themed rap. It's quite good really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭The___________

Luke92 wrote: »
    6th NOV 2015: PLEASE NOTE THIS ITEM IS IN EXTREME HIGH DEMAND AND WHERE AS WE WILL TRY OUR BEST WE CAN NO LONGER GUARANTEE POSTING BEFORE RELEASE DATE - WE ARE DUE OUR SECOND STOCK DELIVERY MONDAY 9th OR LATEST TUESDAY 10th NOVEMBER - IF YOU ORDER NOW YOUR ITEM WILL BE POSTED ON EITHER OF THESE DATES.

Bollox to that, I've asked them to cancel my order, all aboard the PSN pre loading train Choo Choo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

****ing joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Fallout was not on my radar at all after not really enjoying the shooting mechanics in FO3. But after reading this thread after the last two days I think I'm going to pull the trigger :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Fallout was not on my radar at all after not really enjoying the shooting mechanics in FO3. But after reading this thread after the last two days I think I'm going to pull the trigger :)

Don't do it, yes the thread has got depressing but nothing is worth killing yourself.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm a bit apprehensive about F4, the voiced protagonist and more focus on an over arching narrative might reduce the role playing options and the whole 'synth' tensions thing has been done to death and hardly original. Still it's not like Fallout 3 didn't have major problems and was still thoroughly enjoyable, I was just hoping Bethesda would put a bit more effort into their writing and role playing mechanics.

• Advertisement

So does that mean they're not posting any copies before release? Or are they saying if you order your copy now you then won't have it posted until release.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I think that means any order placed on or after the 6th.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,099 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Don't do it, yes the thread has got depressing but nothing is worth killing yourself.

Your Charisma has convinced me :)

I think that means any order placed on or after the 6th.

Thinking the same.

*crosses fingers*

• Registered Users Posts: 11,969 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

J Mysterio wrote: »
    So yeah... Couldnt stay away from this thread.

You can check-out any time you like, but you can never leave ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Jordan 191 wrote: »
    You can check-out any time you like, but you can never leave ;)

tumblr_inline_nbdrzuX1xb1snef98.png

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    I'm a bit apprehensive about F4, the voiced protagonist and more focus on an over arching narrative might reduce the role playing options and the whole 'synth' tensions thing has been done to death and hardly original. Still it's not like Fallout 3 didn't have major problems and was still thoroughly enjoyable, I was just hoping Bethesda would put a bit more effort into their writing and role playing mechanics.

I saw someone stream a leaked copy. The VA for NPCs is feckin' terrible. Also the
    ending dialog is over-acted, dramatic pauses everywhere.

I saw someone stream a leaked copy. The VA for NPCs is feckin' terrible. Also the
    ending dialog is over-acted, dramatic pauses everywhere.

Have you anything good to say about the game? :rolleyes:

I did. There's a leaked copy. That's great.

Anyway there's about 150 pages of nothing but good things and hype being said about it. Unless you desire yet even more. Perhaps boards should do an ad deal for F4.

I did. There's a leaked copy. That's great.

Anyway there's about 150 pages of nothing but good things and hype being said about it. Unless you desire yet even more. Perhaps boards should do an ad deal for F4.

There is a big difference between a sycophantic fanboy and being a doom and gloom merchanct. A middle ground you havent found.

I'm with you on the sub standard graphics being worthy of a mention and examining the potential issues with the game....... but I also recognise the other excellent aspects of Bethesda games. You are just sh*tting all over it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Is that a spoiler or something?

Do not look at the previous page. It's too late for me but not for the rest of you fans. Dont look at it until the mods delete the post.

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭jony_dols

Thanks, ****.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Great, I've probably just had the game spoiled for me by an absolute fúcking cúnt....

jony_dols wrote:
    Thanks, ****.

Kirby wrote:
    Do not look at the previous page. It's too late for me but not for the rest of you fans. Dont look at it until the mods delete the post.

Who was that guy? Lol

Well that feels awful. The mods were quick, fair play. But I saw it. And now I'm sad.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Sarn

Too late for me if that was a spoiler. Should be a site ban for that kind of thing.

Kirby wrote: »
    There is a big difference between a sycophantic fanboy and being a doom and gloom merchanct. A middle ground you havent found.

I'm with you on the sub standard graphics being worthy of a mention and examining the potential issues with the game....... but I also recognise the other excellent aspects of Bethesda games. You are just sh*tting all over it.

I didn't mentioned graphics.
    but I also recognise the other excellent aspects of Bethesda games

As do I. Is there a quota or something? Must say X amount of good things before saying X amount of critical things? This is a forum. Listen to Todd Howard or the other 150 pages of this thread if you want hype.

Actually, let's have a Todd Howard appreciation video.

Kirby wrote:
    Well that feels awful. The mods were quick, fair play. But I saw it. And now I'm sad.

I saw didn't think about it too much and now erased it from my memory. I'm going to enjoy this game no matter what :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭jony_dols

Who was that guy? Lol

Some pencil-dick virgin just spoiled the ending.

Advertisement