Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

You can contact Gameseek via their Facebook page. Have sent them a message to get more info, if possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭Arturo Bandini

Some videos surfacing

(non-story related spoilers)
    Locking and hacking same as we remember it.

"Nice" and "Sweet" after success.

Big spoiler three posts down!

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Have mine preloaded and cannot wait.

One thing that I only copped onto today was that the minimum system requirement says 8gb, where as I only have 4gb...
    Any tech wizards out there care to reassure me/break the bad news to me?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭strelok

simon360 wrote: »

One thing that I only copped onto today was that the minimum system requirement says 8gb, where as I only have 4gb...

ram is pretty cheap...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Reduce the texture setting and you will be fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

strelok wrote: »
    ram is pretty cheap...
    I know that yes, but it'd be nice to play it on day one release rather than waiting around hence why I asked the question.

I know that yes, but it'd be nice to play it on day one release rather than waiting around hence why I asked the question.

im sure it'll work, it just might not work all that well. a lot of games inflate their min specs so it looks super impressive and they can push their "next gen" street cred but will probably still work ok on lower spec machines

all you can do is suck it and see

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

Might be a little unrelated but...

One of the hotspots for the leaking and spoilers for Fallout 4 just had someone rage at them (because of spoilers). That person, being new on how posting works on the site, included their email address. The spoilers and leakers used that data to track him and found further info that led to a large body of evidence that the user is a predator and is trying to lure children by posing as a child himself on the internet.

Another anonymous user then posted photographic proof that he is in the same college as said accused pedo and that he wants advice on how to handle reporting him.

Fallout 4 spoilers might have literally caught a predator. Something good came out of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Luke92

Same here with psn. Money taken but no email. I can only imagine how bad the servers are handling all this extra load. Praying the game downloads at a reasonable rate!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Might be a little unrelated but...

One of the hotspots for the leaking and spoilers for Fallout 4 just had someone rage at them (because of spoilers). That person, being new on how posting works on the site, included their email address. The spoilers and leakers used that data to track him and found further info that led to a large body of evidence that the user is a predator and is trying to lure children by posing as a child himself on the internet.

Another anonymous user then posted photographic proof that he is in the same college as said accused pedo and that he wants advice on how to handle reporting him.

Fallout 4 spoilers might have literally caught a predator. Something good came out of it?

LOL. Spoilerception

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

This is getting silly at this stage. Here are two Tweets from Bethesda

"We can confirm that #Fallout4 will have pre-loading on Xbox One, PS4, and PC so you have a few days to download the game before 11/10"

"We will offer preloading for Fallout 4 on PC, Xbox One, and PS4. Exact day/time TBA. All should be available a few days before launch day"

What aload of BS from them with 30hrs to go and still nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Problem seems to be with PSN tho as its preloaded everywhere else already...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Problem seems to be with PSN tho as its preloaded everywhere else already...

Havent even taken payment from me yet ffs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Payment made, no pre-download on ps4 yet, should of came here before I charged into battle...got too excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Lack of replies from Gameseek makes me think we won't get out copies until Wednesday or Thursday.

Plus no way to cancel your preorder too.

I think the lesson learned here that brick shops still reign supreme for launch day games. Just pay whatever it is, walk in and collect.

Online retailers, shipping companies and digital sales just fail to deliver time and again.

It's ridiculous, because the likes of Xtravision are charging €75 for it.

Screw that.

it's a several hundred hour game on release day, why is 75 euro unreasonable?

When other retailers offer much less prices, I refuse to support places that are purposefully and willingly ripping us off.

• Advertisement

When other retailers offer much less prices, I refuse to support places that are purposefully and willingly ripping us off.

your call, but you'll have to put up with possibly not playing it on release day

your call, but you'll have to put up with possibly not playing it on release day

Bought it on PSN for €70 and probably won't get to play it on release day with the state of the PSN servers because of Blops 3 and the Fallout 4 preloads destroying it.

Should have just went to Supervalue or Tesco and got it for €50, it's too late to cancel it now as the payment is in Sony limbo.

It's gamestop charging 75, literally every other b&m in Ireland where you can go in and get it on launch day will have it cheaper.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    It's gamestop charging 75, literally every other b&m in Ireland where you can go in and get it on launch day will have it cheaper.

Xtravision are charging the same i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭madcabbage

I'd imagine Argos and Tesco will sell for less on launch. I feel for anyone going digitally, Sony should have been wary with two big titles launching within a few days of each other and how it would play on PSN. Crazy how soon to launch the pre-loading is happening with Sony.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Well i got it digitally for 47 euro and it's already completely preloaded and I'm sitting here with my New Zealand VPN ready to go like a pig in sh*t.

Yup, its insufferable gloating time! :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,950 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Just for info. my amazon order shipped yesterday. I mention it only because there were several posts here saying they don't ship before release which appears to be incorrect. I ordered from them because I wanted the art book and soundtrack more than I wanted it at the millisecond of release.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Kirby wrote: »
    Well i got it digitally for 47 euro and it's already completely preloaded and I'm sitting here with my New Zealand VPN ready to go like a pig in sh*t.

What VPN did you use? I'm thinking of doing the same but if I get banned I might have to hunt you down. Also, will achievements unlock as we'll have to be offline?

Kirby wrote: »

Banned from Gaming (General) for 96 hours

:pac:

• Advertisement

What VPN did you use? I'm thinking of doing the same but if I get banned I might have to hunt you down. Also, will achievements unlock as we'll have to be offline?

Vyper VPN is a top quality "free" one but you only have 500mb to use each month.

Advertisement