Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

US accounts only.

I'm hoping euro kicks in at midnight so i can b have it downloading overnight and take advantage of the chape electricity during off peak.

If it doesn't start til this time tomorrow night, it will be a bit mental!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

I think the lesson learned here that brick shops still reign supreme for launch day games. Just pay whatever it is, walk in and collect.

Online retailers, shipping companies and digital sales just fail to deliver time and again.

What? I got my order off Kinguin like 2 days ago.

cXmBUJT.png

EDIT: So have several other people in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,400 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Any word on a launch patch?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

noodler wrote: »
    Any word on a launch patch?

V 1.01 is already live for people who got the game already.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

500Mb I believe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

What? I got my order off Kinguin like 2 days ago.

cXmBUJT.png

EDIT: So have several other people in this thread.

Console gamer here. I left PC gaming about 10 years ago.

There is the PC Fallout 4 thread for PC users however.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Were the digital issues only on psn?

My copy has been preloaded and ready on Xbox now for days

x43r0 wrote: »
    Were the digital issues only on psn?

My copy has been preloaded and ready on Xbox now for days

No issues, psn Europe digital is always the last girl asked to dance. Always said it was 9th preload starting, just hoping for earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭dinnybyrne

It appears one does not simply "cancel" with game seek. Did anyone else manage to cancel their order?can't find an option

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭kingtiger

Console gamer here. I left PC gaming about 10 years ago.

There is the PC Fallout 4 thread for PC users however.:D

back to the fields Peasant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,942 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Might be a little unrelated but...

One of the hotspots for the leaking and spoilers for Fallout 4 just had someone rage at them (because of spoilers). That person, being new on how posting works on the site, included their email address. The spoilers and leakers used that data to track him and found further info that led to a large body of evidence that the user is a predator and is trying to lure children by posing as a child himself on the internet.

Another anonymous user then posted photographic proof that he is in the same college as said accused pedo and that he wants advice on how to handle reporting him.

Fallout 4 spoilers might have literally caught a predator. Something good came out of it?
    Got a clean link? Dont want to go googling spoilers for obvious reasons...

• http://wccftech.com/fallout-4-ps4-severe-frame-rate-issues-reports/

Ps4 users a heads up. I decided to get the X1 version

Frame rate issues for PS4

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'd wager both consoles will have a few issues with the frame rate. I wouldnt worry too much about it. It's likely minor and anything really bad like the scope framerate will be patched.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    http://wccftech.com/fallout-4-ps4-severe-frame-rate-issues-reports/

Ps4 users a heads up. I decided to get the X1 version

Frame rate issues for PS4

After watching the video it isn't that bad. Currently playing the Witcher 3 so i'll probably be used to bad frame rates.

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    After watching the video it isn't that bad. Currently playing the Witcher 3 so i'll probably be used to bad frame rates.

I guess it was the watch then?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I guess it was the watch then?

I don't know yet!
    They haven't dropped it at my depot. I'm guessing they don't deliver on Sundays?

Should know 100% tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

So Bethesda are keeping up with the past with poor ports on Playstation this generation too. It's the more powerful console this time though, do they not play test games anymore. It was clear the X1 was the lead platform but this is no excuse for single digit frame rates.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,415 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

So Bethesda are keeping up with the past with poor ports on Playstation this generation too. It's the more powerful console this time though, do they not play test games anymore. It was clear the X1 was the lead platform but this is no excuse for single digit frame rates.

I wouldn't call them poor Playstation ports, more like pretty much broken on the PS3. It always amazed me that PS publications game them such high reviews when the games were pretty much unplayable after a short (for a Bethesda game) play time.

It shouldn't be an issue here, the problem was the memory on PS3 was split between Video and system memory. Both PS4 and XBox One have unified memory like the X360 had. Maybe the engine was optimised for eDRAM usage, a hangover from the engine's use last gen, which the PS4 lacks while the XBox One has or else the game is reliant on CPU which the One has the advantage in?

Pretty sure it will get patched out though. Just the usual Bethesda launch bugginess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

I saw that earlier and now have Fallout 4 pre loaded on steam. I prefer using my ps4 so I was going to get it on to get it on it despite the extra cost, lower graphic settings and no ETA on mods candy but I'm not paying €70 when the frame rate drops that much.

17755-1-1339288221.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

If pre-loading on ps4 starts at midnight someone do please post here as I am too lazy to get out of bed and check...not too lazy to get out of bed and start my pre-load though :D

I'm on Standby. Everytime i go to check there's a new screen shot right beside the game from other users so I'll wait til 12 now. I bet 5 caps there will be nada.

Nope, nothing. Psn store crashed 3 times 'down for maintenance' but i think it was just because so many people must be on checking.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

How are people getting on who bought from gameseek? Went on the site just now and the games status is "Pre-Order" Anyone got a dispatched or packing status? If they don't have it dispatched by tomorrow i may just cancel and pick it up in Argos or something.

Also, anyone got a confirmed price for Argos? :p Heard word that all new releases from them are 60 quid

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

How are people getting on who bought from gameseek? Went on the site just now and the games status is "Pre-Order" Anyone got a dispatched or packing status? If they don't have it dispatched by tomorrow i may just cancel and pick it up in Argos or something.

Also, anyone got a confirmed price for Argos? :p Heard word that all new releases from them are 60 quid

Same, just says pre order, one of the lads on here is trying to cancel his order but cant, gameseek aren't replying to him.

This will be featured on Conans Clueless Gamer tomorrow. Should be gas.

Tomorrow on #CONAN: An all-new #CluelessGamer featuring @Fallout 4 https://t.co/vCpv1VSq9S

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Same, just says pre order, one of the lads on here is trying to cancel his order but cant, gameseek aren't replying to him.

Cheers. Just checked the Argos site, Black Ops 3, Metal Gear and Mad Max are all €60 and are all pretty new titles. I think ill cancel it Monday for sure and grab it in Argos on the day

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    This will be featured on Conans Clueless Gamer tomorrow. Should be gas.

Tomorrow on #CONAN: An all-new #CluelessGamer featuring @Fallout 4 https://t.co/vCpv1VSq9S

Does Conan air in Ireland anymore? Used to be on 3e but not sure if it still is.

When did you and other people order the game? I ordered mine on the 28th of October.

Heart sank a little now.. actually ordered something from them ages ago, but from their Amazon store .. and the package never delivered.

They were relatively good for refunds though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

martyos121 wrote: »
    Does Conan air in Ireland anymore? Used to be on 3e but not sure if it still is.

Not sure but his clueless gamer shorts are usually posted on YouTube.

Advertisement