Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,843 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Half left to download at ETA of 60 minutes, not so bad. Not sure if I should read the reviews or not. Jim Sterling said it's one of his longest reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Guys who's doing the best review on YouTube ?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

mewso wrote: »

Buggy mess as expected, and gamespot review very vague.

Is it me, or game really looks downgraded from trailerS? I was never the moaner about ****ty graphics of F4. I though they were great, but the actual final review copy looks a lot worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Half left to download at ETA of 60 minutes, not so bad. Not sure if I should read the reviews or not. Jim Sterling said it's one of his longest reviews.

I'm the same. That said, I want to have my own experience of exploring the world rather than have someone else tell me what they thought of it.

I'll give it a solid 20 hour playthrough on my own before I look up reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Ugh, I started into the gamespot review and now wish I hadn't. I got a small bit of info about the story, but I really wish I hadn't now. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Battleflag

and I'm in! Thanks to an Australian VPN! 2 hours of college and then a whole day of Fallout. Can't wait!!

So.. no word from Gameseek about my cancellation. Debating purchasing digitally and then returning my game if they dispatch it before I do.

Good idea/bad idea?

Ugh, I started into the gamespot review and now wish I hadn't. I got a small bit of info about the story, but I really wish I hadn't now. :(

Settles it so, will avoid the reviews until I play a bit. I saw 3 scores so far and final summaries. 9.5, 9.5 and 7.5. The latter experienced a lot of bugs, the first two just had a great laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Woo. It's working. Unlocking on steam. ETA of 20 minutes. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

So.. no word from Gameseek about my cancellation. Debating purchasing digitally and then returning my game if they dispatch it before I do.

Good idea/bad idea?

I'm popping into Argos tomorrow morning and picking it up there. I'll put my Gameseek copy up on Adverts. I think i paid €52 so i should get most of it back.

• Advertisement

Good idea/bad idea?

How much was it on Gameseek? CEX offering €52 cash for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Frankie5Angels

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Settles it so, will avoid the reviews until I play a bit. I saw 3 scores so far and final summaries. 9.5, 9.5 and 7.5. The latter experienced a lot of bugs, the first two just had a great laugh.

Don't get me wrong, it's not game breaking stuff, just sets the scene, but I wish I'd just found out on my own now. Cheers for those scores, that's all I was really after!

Gamespots review is not really that spoilerish. I guess it just says your main quest, which I presume you will find out at the start anyway.

On the other hand, review is very ****. Better find some other one.

That_Guy wrote: »
    How much was it on Gameseek? CEX offering €52 cash for it.

Oh really? Hmm.. that's interesting. Cheers for the heads up! It was €53.

That's what I'll do. Will purchase the game digitally, if it still gets delivered, I'll sell it to CEX.

Oh really? Hmm.. that's interesting. Cheers for the heads up! It was €53.

That's what I'll do. Will purchase the game digitally, if it still gets delivered, I'll sell it to CEX.

No worries. Only losing out on €1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

Just read the digital foundry early analysis, looks like XB fairs much worse than PS4 for frame rate. Ps4 is said to have an "overall smoother experience".

There's only a price listing for Xbox One, so I've emailed them just to make sure it's the same price.

• Kirby wrote: »
    Woo. It's working. Unlocking on steam. ETA of 20 minutes. :D

Already??

Deep Six wrote: »
    Just read the digital foundry early analysis, looks like XB fairs much worse than PS4 for frame rate. Ps4 is said to have an "overall smoother experience".

Really?! oh ffs. I kind of switch to xbox as main console right now and got at 3 friends who got xboxes last week...

Does anyone know what sort of storage would be required for PS4 for digital? I'm pretty much deleting everything I'm not playing at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Deep Six wrote: »

They actually got a drop to 0fps on the Xbox One :eek:
    Eurogamer wrote:
    But that's not the whole story. On top of this, Xbox One is unique in its suffering of a stuttering issue, halting the game experience for up to a second during play. It's a glaring hitch downward, and matching runs to the
    gates of Diamond City
    shows Xbox One dropping to a record 0fps (zero) while PS4 turns the same corner at 28fps. Each has their blips, but having tested two separate Xbox One and PS4 consoles, the results are always the same across the world at large; we get sizeable stutters on Microsoft's console that aren't present on PS4.

Spoilered the name of a place, just in case ha!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Really?! oh ffs. I kind of switch to xbox as main console right now and got at 3 friends who got xboxes last week...

Playing away for the past 5 hours on XB1 now and it's running fine, absolutely beautiful!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Does anyone know what sort of storage would be required for PS4 for digital? I'm pretty much deleting everything I'm not playing at the moment.

Its just under 30gb on mine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

Benzino wrote: »
    They actually got a drop to 0fps on the Xbox One :eek:

Yeah I saw that too, PS4 held 28fps in the same section. Hope there's nothing too crippling for either console to be honest, we all deserve to enjoy the **** out of this game :D

Its just under 30gb on mine

Phew. Went a but overboard with deleting stuff so. Have freed up 100GB. I may have overestimated how big it'd be..

Phew. Went a but overboard with deleting stuff so. Have freed up 100GB. I may have overestimated how big it'd be..

Did the exact same :D

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Playing away for the past 5 hours on XB1 now and it's running fine, absolutely beautiful!

Was there a patch to install before you got going?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

So have Sony got their act together yeh for download?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Was there a patch to install before you got going?

A 500mbish update.

• Advertisement

Gandalph wrote: »
    So have Sony got their act together yeh for download?

It's currently fully installed on my PS4. 9 hours and 56 minutes til literal blast off. Wish the Theme would at least unlock early.

Advertisement