Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,743 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

rizzla wrote: »
    Has there been any mention on which is the better voice actor. The guy or the girl?

The female is Jack from Mass Effect, so i'll be checking her out/in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

I'm beginning to think game haven't sent the game yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Actually speaking of Rust. The settlement building in Fallout reminds me of rust :D

I sow it a bit in review. Looks very similar building system, 100% they borrowed it from rust.
    I wish they would port rust to xbox one. :)

I am staying at misses for next two days. She is working tomorrow, so I'll stay at hers until she finishes. I grabbed my xbox. I wonder if I will pop in to argos for Fallout 4 on the way back when I drop her off to work. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

That_Guy wrote: »
    My thumbs are getting itchy now. Half tempted to throw Fallout: NV on just to run around a bit and pretend it's Fallout 4....

Go for it!

http://i.imgur.com/7DHkylm.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ZEFmXxK.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I don't use scores as gospel but these are pretty damn high...
    P256Hwr.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

Preordered on PSN hoping it would be downloaded and good to go at 12 tonight, only 44 hours till it finishes downloading so roll on 2 O' clock Wednesday :-(

• I made my name fúckface and codsworth was able to say. Game of the year alone just for that.

LOL genuinely

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

I left my ps on rest mode all day hoping it would pre-download. When I got home and turned on the ps4 there was an psn update and 4 gigs of fallout to install which has gone through fine. Now when I look at the amount of used storage fallout has taken up it says 28.6 GB, am I to assume that it is fully installed and I can play from the word go?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,844 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

4gb is the initial install and then it downloads the rest in another file. Hover over the game on the main menu and press options button and click info. It will tell you total size and if it is complete or still downloading.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

The UI is really bad on PC. Not in the way it looks, but the way you navigate it using crafting and the pipboy. It's very messy. This is a port through and through.

I'm really enjoying it so far though. The first time you put
    on Power armor and f*ck sh*t up including a deathclaw feels pretty epic.
    :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Yea so I said I would wait till midnight...

but then I have proXPN so.... not waiting!

Playing Fallout 4 now! :D

Did someone mention that the download for PS4 was 30GB? The only one I had, excluding the system update, was 3GB. And when I go in, it brings me to the countdown timer and no further update.

Will it be playable at midnight or is there an additional download?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Kirby wrote: »
    The UI is really bad on PC. Not in the way it looks, but the way you navigate it using crafting and the pipboy. It's very messy. This is a port through and through.

More of that's it's optimized for controllers rather than a port. If anything it was ported from the PC to the next gen consoles.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

So for people like myself who are heading to Argos in the morning. Will i be able to reserve a copy online before 10am?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,079 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    LOL genuinely

It really was. Our house is well sound insulated and my room is on the third floor. When codsworth said 'Come on, fúckface' my housemate in the sitting room heard me laughing I was that loud.

Gandalph wrote: »
    I left my ps on rest mode all day hoping it would pre-download. When I got home and turned on the ps4 there was an psn update and 4 gigs of fallout to install which has gone through fine. Now when I look at the amount of used storage fallout has taken up it says 28.6 GB, am I to assume that it is fully installed and I can play from the word go?

I'm wondering the same and worried it needs another 28gb update :/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I'm wondering the same and worried it needs another 28gb update :/

It's downloading in the background. On the dashboard highlight Fallout 4, press Options on the controller and then select information, it will show the download status. I'm only at 15gb, it's crawling since 6pm. My download only started at 5pm though..

At midnight when you go to play it the 500mb patch will then download and install. I tried to force it to get the update now but it won't. It's at V1.01 as it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭salamanca22

Kirby wrote: »

Skyrim UI was horrible for mouse and keyboard users too so I was expecting it on fo4. I will most likely be playing with a controller anyway so I am not too annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Tempted to cycle from Stillorgan to St Stephen's Green to pick it up at the GameStop midnight opening but it's a beast of a night out there

It's downloading in the background. On the dashboard highlight Fallout 4, press Options on the controller and then select information, it will show the download status. I'm only at 15gb, it's crawling since 6pm. My download only started at 5pm though..

At midnight when you go to play it the 500mb patch will then download and install. I tried to force it to get the update now but it won't. It's at V1.01 as it is.

My download is at 6gb and it has been going since effin 3. My internet is the absolute fuppin worst, at 1mb/s. Fup living in the countryside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Ah ha! Console commands work on the pc!

Will be very handy for getting around day one bugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Did someone mention that the download for PS4 was 30GB? The only one I had, excluding the system update, was 3GB. And when I go in, it brings me to the countdown timer and no further update.

Will it be playable at midnight or is there an additional download?

The initial download for me was approx 4.5gb, that finished and the remaining download (23gb) then downloaded

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Anytime my phone goes off, I keep thinking it's a text from PM. Hopes and dreams smashed in an instant.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just sleep for the last 8 hours because why the f not.

Ordered dispatched from Gameseek at 3:30.

I've settled on naming my character Erectus (it's on the list).

God speed lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭Gandalph

Download started off so well and has come to a grinding halt, if everyone could just stop using the internet that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭simonw

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    So for people like myself who are heading to Argos in the morning. Will i be able to reserve a copy online before 10am?

If they put it on the site before then you will... The UK site has had it up for pre-order for £45 for a while, but Irish site has nothing. I just pre-ordered from smyths for €65, will have another look in the morning but if it's less than a fiver difference in Argos I won't bother, I'd rather more time playing than traipsing around for a bargain in this weather!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Gandalph wrote: »
    Download started off so well and has come to a grinding halt, if everyone could just stop using the internet that would be great.

At midnight with the small update it is going to be bedlam trying to download the poxy thing

Anyone here good at maths? It took about an hour to download 1.5gb. How long should it take to download 21gb?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

Anyone here good at maths? It took about an hour to download 1.5gb. How long should it take to download 21gb?

Try this http://www.download-time.com

Set the "own speed" field as your broadband speed and enter the file size. It should give you an estimated time to download.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭zero19

14 hours? Assuming speed remains consistent.

Advertisement