Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fallout 4

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

Tempted to cycle from Stillorgan to St Stephen's Green to pick it up at the GameStop midnight opening but it's a beast of a night out there

Stack endurance.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Anyone here good at maths? It took about an hour to download 1.5gb. How long should it take to download 21gb?

At that rate, about 14 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭Quandary

any chance the 24 hour Tescos will sell the game after 12 tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

Anyone order with game UK? My order shipped at midday on Saturday and still is not in my parcel motel :/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,844 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Advertisement

Anyone order with game UK? My order shipped at midday on Saturday and still is not in my parcel motel :/

Check the GAME thread in this forum. Other people have been messed around with orders from them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭EazyD

Severe bugs reported in some reviews. Might wait for some of the initial patches before buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

Quandary wrote:
    any chance the 24 hour Tescos will sell the game after 12 tonight?

In my local one they said no .lad in charge that section not in until 8am

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

Less than 2 hours to go! \o/ I have work tomorrow and plan to be in bed by 2:30, but it might be much later if I can't get my characters eyebrows on fleek :D

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭simon360

Turned Australian for a few hours there ;).

Initial views on the game are very very positive, runs really well for me (I was worrying about having 4gb ram due to the "minimum" requirement of 8gb), running at default very high with 45-60 fps consistently.

You guys will enjoy it :).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,100 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I ordered the Xbox One elite controller at 8pm on the 5/11 and it shipped 6/11.

I got it today delivered by nightline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

If it's not in your parcel motel in morning I'd be suprised. Should get a text around 7am

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Encountered several crashes to desktop but its only a minor annoyance. Nowhere near as frequent as the witcher. I'm betting its the brand new drivers released today not being stable.

Only had 1 bug so far. After hacking a terminal, my character wouldnt move. Had to reload a save from a minute earlier. Other than that, its been fine.

Here is a tip for you guys starting out. Collect everything you see, but after a while you will have no room left. Go to a crafting station and "deposit all junk" to store all crafting materials there. You dont need to carry it around or drop it in a place.....you can store it in your armor or gun crafting station. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,424 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

So dips to 0fps on XBox One at times while others it out performs the PS4.

Never change Bethesda!

I was kind of hoping it would be glitchier, had a good laugh at the New Vegas glitch compilations when it was released :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭ronan keane

Anyone know how the raiding of your buildings works? is it only when you are in the area or something? I just imagine being on a quest across the map to be told my building is being raided, seems like something that would get annoying quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Anyone know how the raiding of your buildings works? is it only when you are in the area or something? I just imagine being on a quest across the map to be told my building is being raided, seems like something that would get annoying quick.

Think its anytime and when it happens you are given the option to help them or leave them, open to correction though

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

It's unlocked on the pc if anyone is waiting. Updating for me at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Currently unpacking :>

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tobothehobo

I think I'll hit up the midnight opening in gamestop kilkenny.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭BeardySi

Grrrargh!!! My new gfx card arrived a week late! :( Only just starting to get the system ready for it (I'm a long time overdue a reinstall of the OS and general tidy up of everything)... hopefully I'll have it all ready by tomorrow eve...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭Deep Six

I'm off to put 2 bottles in the freezer and roll a fat smoke before the launch :D Enjoy the game lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

OK gave it a few hrs play before bed and... LOVE it! PC can push it with 60+ fps with everything on ultra.

Happy man going to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

This is it! 3 minutes, have a good one lads

• Registered Users Posts: 29,844 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Been waiting for this for so long. .... Happy launch lads!

*awaits 'these fúcking servers are being hammered' comments*

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭The_N4sir

Enjoy lads. I probably won't be playing this until Christmas.... Ye gits :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

Why is it installing again

Walked upstairs, turned on the PS4 and picked up my controller only to realise that I don't yet have the poxy game.

*turns off PS4*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

soap1978 wrote: »
    Why is it installing again

This unpacking was not part of the deal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭soap1978

This unpacking was not part of the deal.

I don't understand sorry

Advertisement