Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Agency Post Draft

Options
  • 10-01-2013 12:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭

Young Ben is busy off studying for exams so he asked me to post up this rule which is used in other franchises with regards to Free Agency.

Note this applies to Free Agency Post draft only.

Coaches will be allowed pick up ONE player per gameweek post draft. This means that in each preseason week you are allowed only pick up one player, each regular season week subsequently you are allowed to pick up only one player.

The reason for this rule is to make it fair to everyone who might not necessarily be able to get to their Xbox to make a FA pickup and find all the decent players gone, taken by people stockpiling players.

Its the responsibility of coaches to ensure that they have the required minimum number of players on their roster in each position for a gameweek. So for example if preseason gameweek 1 comes along and you have no kicker, you must pick up a kicker so that the game can be played and that counts as your FA pickup for that week. This also applies in the situation where the game is simmed in preseason as might well be the case and the CPU picks a kicker for you, that will count as your pickup.

FA pickups do not accumulate, if you do not make a FA pickup in a gameweek you are still only allowed one FA pickup the following week.

You can have more than 53 players on your roster throughout Preseason but when the Regular Season starts you must cut your roster down to 53. If you fail to cut your roster the CPU will do it automatically for you so beware !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Berty44 wrote: »
    Young Ben is busy off studying for exams so he asked me to post up this rule which is used in other franchises with regards to Free Agency.

Note this applies to Free Agency Post draft only.

Coaches will be allowed pick up ONE player per gameweek post draft. This means that in each preseason week you are allowed only pick up one player, each regular season week subsequently you are allowed to pick up only one player.

The reason for this rule is to make it fair to everyone who might not necessarily be able to get to their Xbox to make a FA pickup and find all the decent players gone, taken by people stockpiling players.

Its the responsibility of coaches to ensure that they have the required minimum number of players on their roster in each position for a gameweek. So for example if preseason gameweek 1 comes along and you have no kicker, you must pick up a kicker so that the game can be played and that counts as your FA pickup for that week. This also applies in the situation where the game is simmed in preseason as might well be the case and the CPU picks a kicker for you, that will count as your pickup.

FA pickups do not accumulate, if you do not make a FA pickup in a gameweek you are still only allowed one FA pickup the following week.

You can have more than 53 players on your roster throughout Preseason but when the Regular Season starts you must cut your roster down to 53. If you fail to cut your roster the CPU will do it automatically for you so beware !!

What happens if we get to preseason week1 only to find that players have retired? How do we play a game if we don't have enough players on the roster to play it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Firstly that does not tend to happen and secondly unless all your guys are ancient probably only one guy is the max you will lose in such a situation.

Remember you do not need 53 players. You only need about 46. There is a minimum number of players needed in each position in your roster. No matter how low your roster goes you should be able to fill that minimum by Preseason game week 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Is it first come first serve with regards to FA pickups? Or will there be a draft similar to the start of the season?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

First come first served, but you can only pick up one player per game week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Had a look at my roster to see where I'm at.
    38 players on roster at the moment
    In negotiations with 4 guys, will be very lucky if I get 2 of them, could end up getting 0
    6 picks

Off on holiday Friday evening for a week, so definitely missing pre-season free agency Saturday and Sunday, maybe Friday as well.
    Going to struggle to fill out my roster for pre-season, let alone regular season

• Advertisement

Its possible to use the CC website to sign Free Agents post draft as far as I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭BigBadRob83

Its possible to use the CC website to sign Free Agents post draft as far as I know.

Cheers Berty, hopefully can find some wifi for my phone up on the Alpine slopes.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Cheers Berty, hopefully can find some wifi for my phone up on the Alpine slopes.

You could always ask Mrs Chopter ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

My memory is shot,does the player accept the contract straight away or after the gameweek is advanced?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Straightaway, its first come first served..

• Advertisement

So basically it'll be a bit mad after the draft

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

You are only allowed to pick up one player after the draft, then another in the next gameweek and so on

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

What is the minimum players per position? I might need this information for the draft so start filling up my roster. Like I only have 1 ILB, could need to pick up 2 or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

matthew8 wrote: »
    What is the minimum players per position? I might need this information for the draft so start filling up my roster. Like I only have 1 ILB, could need to pick up 2 or something.

Check teams needs in the strategy tab in cc mode

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

1 QB
    1 HB
    1FB
    3 WR
    2TE
    1LT-LG-C-RG-RT

1LE
    1 RE
    2DT
    1 LOLB
    1MLB
    1 ROLB
    3CB
    1FS
    1SS

1P

Only 40 players... but enough to play!!

Are we forwarding tonight to free agency or tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Allowed one FA pick up tonight.

Seahawks signed Flacco

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Seahawks signed Flacco
    Ha! Really?

• Advertisement

Buccaneers robbed my LE!!!
    Went to sign him,said to myself ah I'll have a look at the other guy,by the time I came back out he was gone,my own fault
    Bronco's sign D.Ball

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭Big Daddy Cool

I taught Mike had 1st option on Flacco?.......Colts signed LE Cliff Avril from FA.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Buccaneers robbed my LE!!!
    Went to sign him,said to myself ah I'll have a look at the other guy,by the time I came back out he was gone,my own fault
    Bronco's sign D.Ball

I signed a LE :o in fa? Did I not sign a rolb?

gufc21 wrote: »
    I signed a LE :o in fa? Did I not sign a rolb?
    Ya I dunno who did actually,sorry :pac:

Seahawks signed Flacco

Seahawks had an offer on the table before FA ended. Deal went through after the draft, so it's a multi year deal too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

etloveslsd wrote: »
    Seahawks had an offer on the table before FA ended. Deal went through after the draft, so it's a multi year deal too.

Are you sure? Normally Multi-year deals would go through before the draft.

Adrian is correct. Flacco has signed a 1 year deal with the Seahawks for 6.64M

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭davetherave

If there was an offer on the table then it would/should have accepted/rejected it after the final FA and before the draft.

It was a 1 year 6.64m deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Its up to the league bosses. Mike broke a rule, was then told he would be allowed that player due to no one else making offers. And now Seahawks have picked him up on a one year deal. Decision needed on this one.

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote: »
    Are you sure? Normally Multi-year deals would go through before the draft.
    Adrian is correct. Flacco has signed a 1 year deal with the Seahawks for 6.64M
    If there was an offer on the table then I would/should have accepted/rejected it after the final FA and before the draft.

It was a 1 year 6.64m deal.

Sorry, I could've swore I read on the franchise news that it was a 4 year deal. it was after 11 and I was wrecked but the length of the draft....who really needs to trade in the 7th?)I also checked the FA round up, pre draft, to see who got who and The 'Hawks had a bid on Flacco when it closed. I obviously put 1 and 1 together and came up with 4.

Cheerfully withdrawn :)

I'll just crawl back into my hut in Caaaaavan and not bother you slickers again

Advertisement