Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Betfair Masters starts this Sunday

• 10-01-2013 12:48pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭

One of the biggest events and one of my personal favourites begins this Sunday.
    It's Masters time again and with new sponsors Betfair on board it promises to be a cracking week of snooker.

With no Ronnie this week all eyes will be on Judd Trump or possibly Mark Allen to win their first Masters, i'm having a punt on John Higgins as i believe he is almost back to his very best and is having an excellent season so far. For a bit of value i could reccomend either Mark Davis or Stuart Bingham again both players are having a decent season and may just enjoy a good run at the Ally Pally !

Here is the lnk for the draw and match schedule.......

http://www.worldsnooker.com/staticFiles/72/b9/0,,13165~178546,00.pdf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,513 ✭✭✭seanhynes

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,884 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

seanhynes wrote: »

That's just classic, only Ronnie..... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

What time is coverage starting tomorrow. Are we going to be limited to Red Button snooker on the BBC or will it be getting the full monty coverage. Also, are EuroSport covering it?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

BBC are doing full coverage:

Masters

Sunday 13 January
    1300-1700, BBC Two
    2320-0010, BBC Two: highlights
    0010-0210, BBC Two: extra

Monday 14 January
    1300-1800, BBC Two
    0110-0310, BBC Two: extra

Tuesday 15 January
    1300-1800, BBC Two
    Wednesday 16 January
    1330-1800, BBC Two

Thursday 17 January
    1300-1800, BBC Two
    1900-2000, BBC Two

Friday 18 January
    1300-1800, BBC Two
    1900-2000, BBC Two

Saturday 19 January
    1300-1630, BBC One
    1630-1730, BBC Two
    1900-2230, BBC Two

Sunday 20 January
    1400-1645, BBC Two
    2000-2330, BBC Two

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

10 minutes! :D

I agree with zack01, this is one of my favourite events of the season. Snookerbacker wrote an excellent preview of the tournament here. As always, it's very hard to predict a winner so I'm not going to even bother attempting, but I would like to see a new face lift the trophy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Spiderpig92

Good win tonight for Mark Allen, century in the first frame and a tidy performance to get him over the finishing line, looks like he is up for the fight this week, mind you Robertson in the next round will be difficult especially after the aussies performance from 3-5 down today against Ding

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

BBC are doing full coverage:

Masters

Sunday 13 January
    1300-1700, BBC Two

Monday 14 January
    1300-1800, BBC Two
    0110-0310, BBC Two: extra

Tuesday 15 January
    1300-1800, BBC Two
    Wednesday 16 January
    1330-1800, BBC Two

Thursday 17 January
    1300-1800, BBC Two
    1900-2000, BBC Two

Friday 18 January
    1300-1800, BBC Two
    1900-2000, BBC Two

Saturday 19 January
    1300-1630, BBC One
    1630-1730, BBC Two
    1900-2230, BBC Two

Sunday 20 January
    1400-1645, BBC Two
    2000-2330, BBC Two

I love the BBC's coverage but it annoys me in this day and age why they cant show their sports on the HD channel too...I do watch the Eurosport HD coverage and i quite enjoy David Hendon and Mike Hallets commentry...Old Joe Johnson always seem to call things wrong or put his foot in it.. I much perfer the BBC but when it's a choice of HD v's SD i'll watch HD..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

seanhynes wrote: »

heard that in my local snooker club at the weekend, was sure it was a wind up , but anyway fair play ronnie.:p its a pity he didnt commit to the masters as it is one of his favourite tournaments

I love the BBC's coverage but it annoys me in this day and age why they cant show their sports on the HD channel too...I do watch the Eurosport HD coverage and i quite enjoy David Hendon and Mike Hallets commentry...Old Joe Johnson always seem to call things wrong or put his foot in it.. I much perfer the BBC but when it's a choice of HD v's SD i'll watch HD..

same here, unfortunately i don't have digital red button so i will have to cope with limited snooker coverage this week. :( hendon is quite good and his blogs are a good read as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Spiderpig92

Have BBC got rid of the red button service???

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Higgins through after a ropey start. Some quality snooker towards the finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Good spot by the referee here, hard to see the foul until its slowed down.

good win for john last night, he really is brilliant at grinding out results when he's not on top form. that said ali has not a good record in h2h against john

Really wish players we're not interviewed right before a match. really does my head in..embarrassing for both players.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭fleabag

Hello all, first post in this forum and hope you don't mind me going off track a little to ask where I could get coverage of this without a TV? I only have the computer and can't get the BBC on it. Are there any websites that show live coverage, either free or with a subscription?

I've looked at a few subscription sports sites in the past but it gives me the heeby-jeebys to be giving credit card details without knowing what I'll get in return.

fleabag wrote: »
    Hello all, first post in this forum and hope you don't mind me going off track a little to ask where I could get coverage of this without a TV? I only have the computer and can't get the BBC on it. Are there any websites that show live coverage, either free or with a subscription?

I've looked at a few subscription sports sites in the past but it gives me the heeby-jeebys to be giving credit card details without knowing what I'll get in return.

http://www.frombar.tv/

this always works without fail...

**edit** all you have to do is click on the desired link then wait 25 seconds for the poxy add to go then it loads up perfect,If one link doesnt work try the other...

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭fleabag

Excellent! Will give it a lash. Would love to see Neil Robertson v Judd Trump in the Final ...

Felt awful for Barry Hawkins earlier, he's come along an awful lot since the new ranking system/PTCs were introduced. Having said that, Trump did very well to hold his nerve in the last frame, managing an excellent century to win 6-5. Like Robertson/Ding on Sunday, it was a great match with more than its share of drama.

I didn't see all if it last night but either way, epic comeback from Selby. 5-1 down to win 6-5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭bren2001

Had 20e on a Selby and Williams double. In the middle of exams so stopped watching Williams when he was 4-1 down. Was shocked when I checked the score later. But when Selby went 5-1 down, I never lost faith.

• Advertisement

I didn't see all if it last night but either way, epic comeback from Selby. 5-1 down to win 6-5.

Watched it myself, It had 5 - 5 written all over it when Selby won his 2nd frame. He will take some stopping now. Bingham just fell apart, He looked like his mind was elsewhere.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Watched it myself, It had 5 - 5 written all over it when Selby won his 2nd frame. He will take some stopping now. Bingham just fell apart, He looked like his mind was elsewhere.

He's a good player Bingham and has had an incredible last few seasons, but the old failings he had as an amateur pop up every now and again and that's his bottle. Agreed Selby played well but the body language and shot selection from Bingham from 5-2 was the stuff of a man not coping too well with the pressure, and as everyone knows Selby never gives in too easily.

zack01 wrote: »
    He's a good player Bingham and has had an incredible last few seasons, but the old failings he had as an amateur pop up every now and again and that's his bottle. Agreed Selby played well but the body language and shot selection from Bingham from 5-2 was the stuff of a man not coping too well with the pressure, and as everyone knows Selby never gives in too easily.

Yep i agree he is a good player indeed, I was hoping that he might have taken the last frame but he missed a few balls to the middle pockets they he would have normally have potted. Sebly smelled the fear and moved in for the kill.

Selby is fantastic to watch and is a deserving world no. 1 - He needs to get that moneky off his back, that is winning the Worlds.

I do follow the Snookerbacker and a few of the other lads on twitter, Good banter going on throughout the matches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Pilsbury Doughboy

Selby is a beast! No quit in that lad!

Get in Robbo !!

Fantastic stuff

I do follow the Snookerbacker and a few of the other lads on twitter, Good banter going on throughout the matches
    Very good banter indeed, I actually like the bbc commentators (strange, maybe!) but it's hilarious the way snookerbacker goes on about them.

By the way, for those of you that haven't seen it: snooker bingo. Very funny. Anyone fancy a game? :D

• Site Banned Posts: 4,066 ✭✭✭Silvio.Dante

Some strange shot selections from Higgins in the first frame...

how is this match currently going?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭bren2001

syngindub wrote: »
    how is this match currently going?

http://livescores.worldsnookerdata.com/Match.aspx?m=154490&t=13202

4-3 Higgins

• Advertisement

Murphy beats Higgins 6-5 in another fantastic match. Two matches today both 6-5 and you have to say this tournament has been quality so far. Trump v Dott and Selby v Williams tomorrow. My pick Higgins is out, anyone can win it now.

Advertisement