Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three more Councillors for Galway

Options
  • 10-01-2013 12:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭

Galway will have an additional three local councillors at the 2014 elections. This is because of population changes in the recent Census.
    Plenty of scope out there for new candidates to make an appearance and push for a mandate based on local issues.
    Considering you can get elected for ~1000 votes, it's worth a try. You'll get a payment of €16,724 plus numerous expenses, your mug in the paper and endless cups of tea.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I nominate me, if you vote for me I'll fix that pothole you hate and pressure the guards to keep the riffraff off the street and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,711 ✭✭✭Redhairedguy

Vote for me. I might not keep every* promise I make, but I'm very friendly and love kissing hands and shaking babies.

*the word 'every' can often be confused with the word 'any' in this context.

I might be looking for work next year - this could be an opportunity to branch out into a different direction.

Any guess on how the electoral boundaries / seats will be split?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Vote for me, I won't break any promises because I won't make any promises, except not to hound the local hacks & photographers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

The things people will do for cups of tea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭Mr_A

Vote for me and I'll rule you like the dogs you are.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,161 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Vote For Pedro.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

Vote for me...when there's only one candidate, there's only one choice*

* oh monkey island, i miss you

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Vote vote vote for DeValeeeeeera...

anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Vote for meee ... I'll tell ya when the bus is supposed to come, and where to find stuff.

• Advertisement

Vote for meee ... I'll tell ya when the bus is supposed to come, and where to find stuff.

No good to us telling us when thy're supposed to be here (especially with BE going on strike this weekend), we want a round the clock bus service to our doors and somebody to hold our hands when looking for stuff so we don'#t have to think!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Vote for me. I'll decide on things when there's a clear conflict of interest, destroy your local services, some relative of mine was on the council, and I'll spend most days refusing to turn up due to some perceived slight that happened 6 months ago.
    Well it works for everyone else...

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Vote for me.
    After a while there will be a fire in the council building that we'll blame on the hippies and I will be promoted to dictator.
    Then we invade annex NI for "lebensraum".

biko wrote: »
    Vote for me.
    After a while there will be a fire in the council building that we'll blame on the hippies and I will be promoted to dictator.
    Then we invade annex NI for "lebensraum".

Sorry biko, I already have dibs on the dictator role.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement