Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying a phone with no 3G coverage... will I care?

Options
  • 10-01-2013 1:18pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all. I'm looking at getting a Desire Z cheap from ebay (<€100 most likely) but it's 850/1900 3G i.e. US type. I go weeks at a time without using my 3G connection, so should I care about this? The only thing I can see myself ever doing outside of WiFi range is collect e-mail, and 2G should be fine except for big attachments.
    Does anyone know if my call quality is likely to be affected (or drop a lot) by being confined to 2G? I know I should be embracing the 3G/4G future but right now I've really no need for it at all (and it's too expensive!).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭padyjoe

You won't lose anything! Most of the time I use 2G to preserve battery juice. Actually your call will be likely drop more on 3G as 2G coverage is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭bonaparte2

Nokia 100 liberated me. Never miss a smartphone. Comp in house for comp stuff.

Advertisement