Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Road to Woodbury - Book

• 10-01-2013 1:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone else reading this? I'm half way through and really struggling to continue. So many unlikable characters including Lilly. I might be biased against her since playing the game though. Can anyone tell me if it picks up a bit and gets a bit more interesting?

I loved the 1st book but this is very generic and boring.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭Jason Todd

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Anyone else reading this? I'm half way through and really struggling to continue. So many unlikable characters including Lilly. I might be biased against her since playing the game though. Can anyone tell me if it picks up a bit and gets a bit more interesting?

I loved the 1st book but this is very generic and boring.

I was actually going to start a thread on this myself. It's a decent read, nothing amazing. I haven't played the game yet or read the first book, is that the Rise of the Governor? The Road to Woodbury picks up a little toward the end iirc. but don't blame me if you keep reading! :P How much input do you think Robert Kirkman has really? He seems a very hands-on guy so I'd be surprised if he all he did was put his name to it but its not as gripping as the TV show or Comics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Rise of the governor is class, great story and characters. I just got onto the woodbury part in this one and its starting to pick up. Nice having a character who was in the last book aswell.

Yeah would wonder how much input he has alright and if the books are canon to the walking dead story line. The game is spose to be canon but lilly has a very different story.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I think I remember reading that the original plan was for lilly to be the same character accross three of the mediums (Book, comics, games) but then someone over Kirkman's head changed her in the games (I think). Now he sees that one as being a different character altogether, with just the same name.

Advertisement