Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with installing mountain lion

Options
  • 10-01-2013 1:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,

Familiar-ish with mac and quite competent with computers in general and got my first macbook recently (mid 2010MBP)

It has a 250GB hard drive and I want to upgrade it, so I have a 500GB drive handy that I want to replace the 250 one with

I cant for the life of me install OSX on this drive. Im not with the macbook now but I can give specifics later if that helps, but maybe the steps i'm taking are not in the right order, maybe i've left something obvious out

The OSX installer will only recognize the 250 drive. New 500gb drive wont mount and I have tried formatting it as a journaled drive (and journaled case sensitive) and it does look to format the drive but it wont mount after formatting. I'm using the GUID partition scheme (it's intel!)

Hope you can help! It would be nice to upgrade the drive, i've a lot of photos taking up space!!

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 ironnike

I can do the job for you. Pm me if you are interested

Advertisement