Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Cat5 / Cat6 Connectors - South County Dublin

Options
  • 10-01-2013 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭

Hey lads,

Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

I'm in the big shmoke and I have no idea where nearby computer parts/electrical wholesaler shops are located. I need some Cat5 or Cat6 connectors for the weekend (already have my trusted crimpers and plenty of cable). Normally I'd order these online but I won't have them by the weekend if I do.

I know there's a Maplin in Blanchardstown but I was hoping there might be somewhere closer to me I could pick them up. Also I'm a bit short on Vaseline and I find it excruciating visiting Maplin without it.

Would appreciate any suggestions as to where I could buy them. I'm only looking for a small bag of them - 10 of them would even suffice for the weekend and I can order the rest online. They'll be for a temporary quick fix job so I'm not looking for any shielded fancy ones.

Thanks again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

You could try
    http://www.woodcomm.ie
    Wood Communications Ltd
    Unit L7
    Ballymount Industrial Estate
    Ballymount
    Dublin 12
    Tel: + 353 1 426 4000
    Fax: + 353 1 450 1946
    Email: sales@woodcomm.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Drift

Thanks very much Xantia. It turns out someone I knew was passing by the front door of Maplin so I managed to get them in the end without having to set foot outside at all!

I'll keep the details of that company though because I'm sure I'll have need again.

Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Xantia

No Problem - I meant to add that I have no connection with them at all, just that various company's that I do work for gets stuff from them on occasion.
    They are fine for a lot of stuff whereas Maplin are ok for a few bits!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭ArielAtom

Ask for Daniel. I bought kit off these in the past.

Temple Sales
    58 Broomhill Drive,
    Tallaght,
    Dublin 24,
    Ireland
    P: +353 1 4271400
    F: +353 1 4271402
    Email: info@temple.ie

Advertisement