Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scullys Athlone

Options
  • 10-01-2013 2:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭

Anybody know what days they open?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭dev110

Wednesday to Friday anyway. Not sure about Saturday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 965 ✭✭✭lb1981

cant get them on the phone Dev , i dont want to drive down today from Dublin and they are closed :eek:
    dev110 wrote: »
    Wednesday to Friday anyway. Not sure about Saturday.

If you were trying to call from 1 they won't answer their phone cause they close for lunch. I can't remember if they close for lunch at 1-2 or 12.30-1.30. Best with till after 2 to try and call them.

Thanks appreciate that Dev.

Let me know if you get through.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭German pointer

Are they still open? I called in 2 or 3 times in the last month or so and it looked all closed up. The last time I looked for ammo there they told me to go to another shop for it that they would not be getting it any more. What harm the ammo I got there was very cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Has anyone found out if they open Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭richiedel123

Has anyone found out if they open Saturday?
    1 of the lads was telling me about 2 week's ago that they were closing down and selling everything off. He said he got cheap waterproof clothing out of there

Went down today , the shop is raped..picked a few things didn't try to bargain with the man i just took the price he gave me i just felt sorry for him, he told me that the vultures came in like grey hounds and cleaned the place out before any decent lads got a chance to grab a few bargains, most of of his scopes now are just air gun scopes and all the jackets are very big fitting ,if they fit you will pick up a deer hunter jacket worth 250 for about 40 quid,a lot of lads down there were talking about how the shop was one of the best shops in the midlands and how they could get anything they wanted from there...it was a bit depressing really.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

lb1981 wrote: »
    Went down today , the shop is raped..picked a few things didn't try to bargain with the man i just took the price he gave me i just felt sorry for him, he told me that the vultures came in like grey hounds and cleaned the place out before any decent lads got a chance to grab a few bargains, most of of his scopes now are just air gun scopes and all the jackets are very big fitting ,if they fit you will pick up a deer hunter jacket worth 250 for about 40 quid,a lot of lads down there were talking about how the shop was one of the best shops in the midlands and how they could get anything they wanted from there...it was a bit depressing really.

Ya it is sad,I enjoyed travelling up there with a few friends, great stock, if Gerry(RIP) had not got it,and could not get it,it did not exist:). Sadly missed especially his stories, I think his brother-in-Law is running the shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Ross1971

Sad to hear scullys shop, is now only a shadow of its former self, Jerry RIP what a jent he was always had a story to tell you and he kept that shop fully stocked he had everything , many a happy day I had up there baought several firearms off jerry he was a sound man to deal with.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭cz223

anyone got a phone no for them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,703 ✭✭✭deerhunter1

cz223 wrote: »
    anyone got a phone no for them

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭cz223

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭ROSSKI

Is the shop going to stay open long term or is it just selling off remaining stock and calling it a day ? Very sad if its the latter

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭Jimy1971

Was in there on Saturday and theres not still a bit left.ROSSKI I think as soon as everything is gone they are closing. The guy has no interest.His mate asked him about lunch on Saturday and he closed up there and then lol. I had a smithing question for him and he told me to got to Jim McBride.

Advertisement