Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lego Marvel Super Heroes

• 10-01-2013 2:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭

[source]
    MARVELLEGOSUPERHEROS-1024x450.jpg

I gotta say, I think this one could be really fun! Lots of characters and various heros/villains and assorted backgrounds that could be pulled in for this one!
    “LEGO Marvel Super Heroes” offers an original storyline in which Nick Fury calls upon Iron Man, the Hulk, Thor, Spider-Man, Wolverine and other heroes spanning the Marvel Universe to save Earth from such threats as the vengeance of Loki and the hunger of Galactus, Devourer of the Worlds. LEGO and Marvel fans will enjoy classic LEGO videogame adventure and humor, while playing as their favorite Marvel characters."

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

They're adorable!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

There's a ...kinda WIP trailer up too:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

All....all of my want. Hope they make the overworld a bit more engaging than Gotham was in Lego Batman 2.

Question is....would you ever want to switch from playing as Hulk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,862 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This could be the 1st lego game I get. Has great potential, wish they would do a Civil War story with it though since it looks like they have rights to all the Marvel characters. Was the Lego Batman 2 game any good? Looked a good laugh but I'm not sure on lego games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

sheehy83 wrote: »
    This could be the 1st lego game I get. Has great potential, wish they would do a Civil War story with it though since it looks like they have rights to all the Marvel characters. Was the Lego Batman 2 game any good? Looked a good laugh but I'm not sure on lego games.

DC superheroes was one of the best lego games, voice acting gave the series a new kick. The humour between batman and superman was great.

• Advertisement

calex71 wrote: »
    DC superheroes was one of the best lego games, voice acting gave the series a new kick. The humour between batman and superman was great.

Looked up the IGN review of DC Superheroes there and that looks class. Would definitely like to give this a go if I saw it going cheap anywhere.

Plus the local co-op looks a good laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

http://gamingtrend.com/2013/07/26/play-as-howard-the-duck-in-lego-marvel-superheroes/
    This character is just so bad I want it to be true. It won't ruin the game or that either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

Screenshot from the bottom of the page would suggest it is true.

8iEJ5z.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

There's a new trailer out for this.

How insanely good does that look??!!!

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,309 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

That looks like great fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

"The game doing the stuff Marvel wish they could in their movies!"

Want!

once again I'm going with They're adorable!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

Oh, remember watching a preview a few weeks ago, and it looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Demo is out now lads , Its unreal fun left me wanting so much more , Basiccly you have a level which is more like a prolonged boss fight against Abombination and Sandman , you get to control Ironman, Spidey and yep the Hulk :D

Only annoying thing about this game is the delay between the EU and US release :(

Only annoying thing about this game is the delay between the EU and US release :(

Really tempted to try find a site that will sell the key for a US copy on PC, I know Lego LOTR wasnt reliant on Steam or such so no way it could region lock ya.

So, this is finally out and I got to give it a bit of a go. Sadly, only for about an hour or two, but it's great fun. As expected, it builds on every aspect of the previous games. There's loads more characters, bigger maps and a lot more jokes pumped into it (although not all of them are funny).

There's three main problems I have with the game so far. Firstly, the platform jumping is still as awkward as the previous games, where you end up plunging to your death because the camera distorts the distance and position of the targeted platform. This became really apparent when trying to jump and glide with Mr Fantastic, who would always clip the bottom of the target ledge and not be able to make it over it.

Secondly, and like the last game, some puzzles don't really give you a clue as to what you have to do. A great example of this was using Captain America to deflect a beam at a target. But you're not told what the target is. So I was moving the beam around the room seeing what it worked on. Then by chance I noticed that as I moved it over one item, an energy bar on a wall started lighting up as it was filled. There was no feedback, like sparks or little Lego bits to show that this was what I was meant to do, and there's so many other flashing lights that I hadn't noticed at first. It's not the worst crime a computer game ever committed, but it can be a little frustrating when it breaks up the rhythm of the game.

Thirdly, you'll explode a lot. And you won't always know why. And to add insult to injury, you'll often respawn on whatever killed you so you die again. Considering that every time you die you lose Lego studs, and since these are the currency for buying things and also needed to gain bonuses for finishing levels, it can cause a lot of swearing.

These problems were prevalent in the previous games and don't seem to have gotten any better with this one. You can live with them, but it'd be nice if they were finally addressed after 20 or so Lego games have been made.

Thankfully, having the mind of a child means I can forgive it's problems because the game is great. Definitely one of the better Marvel games to be made and the best Lego game yet. The voice cast is a who's who of game talent with the likes of Troy Baker, Nolan North and Tara Strong, with Greg Clarke reprising Agent Coulson.

If Arkham Origins isn't your thing, but you still fancy a bit of hero on villain action, then you could do a lot worse than this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I had a go of the demo and found the same, it's so chaotic at times you're not really sure what you're supposed to be doing, and sometimes you have to be standing in a really precise spot to trigger being able to press the button to build things otherwise you do something else. There's a lot of trial and error in some sections

I didn't find stan lee to save him in the demo , he must be hiding well good

• Advertisement

I didn't find stan lee to save him in the demo , he must be hiding well good
    If the demo is the Sandman level, (which is the first level of the game), then
    he's in the train station on the left hand side of the entry level. Use Ironman to fly up onto the balcony and I think there's a vending machine that's fallen on him.

I didn't realise that this demo way up. Just gve it a spin there and had great craic with it. I've got a real soft spot for LEGO titles.

Dunno if it was just a glitch for me, but had this pre-ordered on Steam from last week but noticed a Steam purchase run through my credit card during the weekend. So checked it on my Games list and offered and install, and then I could play the game. Not sure if its a bug or it got accidentaly released after the US release.

Pity am waiting for my next string of days off to plow through with my friend, have to wait a week and a half to smish some stuff as Hulk :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

This is going to be up there for GOTY for me. Absolutely brilliant

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Is it just me or is flying impossible in the city? Controls nothing like the previous.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Has anything been announced about the PS4 version? I liked the demo on the PS3 but as I'm getting a PS4 I'd be tempted by this.

I wonder what the differences are?

Has anything been announced about the PS4 version? I liked the demo on the PS3 but as I'm getting a PS4 I'd be tempted by this.

I wonder what the differences are?

What's the general consensus on this game? Worth getting or not?

What's the general consensus on this game? Worth getting or not?

It's ok , there are a few things that let it down (based on 360 version) the camera is way to slow when you try to pan it around, if you are going for 100% it's a massive grind the stuff on the world hub where you have to do races/time trials when flying will have you pulling your hair out because of the skitish controls and don't get me started on the one on top of the roof in the remote control cars.

For me it draws too heavily from the Avengers/Fantastic 4/Thor/Iron Man movies and doesn't nearly dip into the Xmen and others enough , the humour from the DC superheroes game and the banter between Batman and Superman was what I enjoyed most from that game, it's lacking in this game between the other heroes.

I've also encountered numerous freezes and lock ups as well as other glitches with missions which forced me to quit out and try again.

It's ok , there are a few things that let it down (based on 360 version) the camera is way to slow when you try to pan it around, if you are going for 100% it's a massive grind the stuff on the world hub where you have to do races/time trials when flying will have you pulling your hair out because of the skitish controls and don't get me started on the one on top of the roof in the remote control cars.

For me it draws too heavily from the Avengers/Fantastic 4/Thor/Iron Man movies and doesn't nearly dip into the Xmen and others enough , the humour from the DC superheroes game and the banter between Batman and Superman was what I enjoyed most from that game, it's lacking in this game between the other heroes.

I've also encountered numerous freezes and lock ups as well as other glitches with missions which forced me to quit out and try again.

Not the greatest recommendation. I would assume the technical issues will not be there on the new consoles. Hopefully anyway.

Since I enjoyed the demo I might pick it up. I hate shopping in Gamestop but I have a voucher to use.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Finished it over a weekend when i rented it on the PS3 is there much improvement on the PS4 wouldn't mind going back to it to 100% all the levels

Advertisement