Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler servicing

Options
  • 10-01-2013 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi there,

I am both a landlord and a tenant as currently have my house rented out and am living in rented accomodation.

Who's responsibility is it to get the boiler serviced?

The gas company reccommends this be done annually.

When I approach my landlord his reponse is that it is up to ourselves whether it is serviced or not as he is not investing any more money into property.

The other side of this is that the tenant in my rented property wants me the landlord to pay for it!

So who's obligation is it?
    We are also in a similar position with garden maintenance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,394 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

The landlord is responsible no if and or buts.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,610 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

When I was a LL I got it done.

LLs are able to claim it as an expense on their tax return.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 280 ✭✭engineermike

~Also there is a risk to the occupants by not having a boiler appliance serviced regularly. - Carbon monoxide etc.
    m f

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Helenaa

Thanks for all your feedback

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

LL responsibility but many tenants get it serviced and then get reimbursed (with the prior agreement of the LL).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Rasmus wrote: »
    LL responsibility but many tenants get it serviced and then get reimbursed (with the prior agreement of the LL).

Yep this is exactly what I did when the boiler in my last place I was renting needed servicing.

Advertisement