Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paul Sexton Garden Centre Glen of the Downs

Options
  • 10-01-2013 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭

I was passing by garden centre this morning and noticed that construction work was going on. Anybody know what the plans are. Mr Sexton was pottering about on one side of the compound, so he is stilll trading. Would love to know what is going to happen with this wonderful site.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Alan_P

vinpaul wrote: »
    I was passing by garden centre this morning and noticed that construction work was going on. Anybody know what the plans are. Mr Sexton was pottering about on one side of the compound, so he is stilll trading. Would love to know what is going to happen with this wonderful site.
    I've no idea what's happening there now, but I was there in September and they were having a closing-down sale.

The girl at the counter said the owners were retiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

vinpaul wrote: »

Conflicting reports

http://www.wicklowpeople.ie/news/end-of-era-for-gardener-paul-3098930.html
    However the 80-year-old will remain very busy in retirement as he has plans to use the lands to create a 'people's park' including animals, a farmers' market, and somewhere for children to play.

http://www.hortitrends.com/garden-centre-retail-news/11362-horkans-to-open-at-glen-of-the-downes-paul-sexton-gc-in-2013
    Paraic Horkan Managing director at Horkans lifestyle & Garden centres has announced his plan to open Horkans new garden centre unit at the eight acre site formally known as Paul sextons at the Glen of the Downs Co Wicklow on the N 11 National Dual carriage way.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

We were down there a couple of months ago & got chatting to him. Told us he was turning it into a people's park.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Be interesting to see what does become of it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

Chances are if there is money involved then it'll be another garden centre..

Anyone else noticed that this place never gets winter sun because its location.. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭treecreeper

down there in december i think, he told me he was retiring and another person was reopening it again as a gardening centre he was very sad to be and said he would miss it but couldnt go on for ever!

Advertisement