Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor Service BOI

Options
  • 10-01-2013 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭

I have a business (and personal) account with BOI and I am constantly disappointed with the poor level of service I receive in branch. Even when it's busy, there are a minimum number of hatches open, resulting in long waits.

On Friday, I rang my branch to let them know the address of by business would be changing. I was told I must call in to the branch do this-fair enough , so I take the morning off work and call in on Monday.

When I get there, I struggled to get the attention of someone - the place was clearly set up to encourage use of the automated machines.

Anyway, I find someone and explain what I want, I am then told I need to send a letter in on company headed paper with my request- this is not what I was advised on the phone. I tell her this and she goes away and comes back with 2 forms to fill up. I fill these and in the meantime this lady goes on lunch so I give the form back to another lady. Back to step one about how I need to send in a letter on company headed paper so I explain to her again. She goes off and comes back saying I need to speak to the guy who deals with business accounts who is in a meeting. She says to I can take a seat and keep an eye on his office door to see when he is free. After 15 mins the door opens so I find the lady and tell her that he is free. She goes in, comes back and says he is too busy to see me and that I must send a letter in on company headed paper.

I was loosing my patience at this point and told the lady that I have been in business over 8 years, and never had the need for company headed paper for what I do, told her I do not have any company headed paper and that I was told over the phone to come into the branch in person and I could change the address . She goes away again and comes back saying that because I do not have any company headed paper that they will make an exception for me this time- finally , I'm getting somewhere!

She said it should go through ok. I also asked to to note something on my account - she said their systems were down and that someone would call me about it later and confirm if they were able to change my address- I gave her my number and still haven't heard back.

All in all I was about 45 mins there for something that should take 5. Getting really fed up of BOI .

P.S I forgot to mention- I asked BOI about cancelling the direct debits on my account. I was told I have 8, and at 5 euro a pop it would be 40 euro to cancel them- robbery..absolute robbery!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi cojomo2,

We appreciate you getting in touch with us about this. Apologies for the confusion in-branch, and the recent poor experience you had. We pride ourselves on delivering excellent customer service so we'd like to forward this to your branch. Can you please PM us with your name and your account holding branch?

Also, the cost of cancelling a direct debit on a business account is €5.08. You can find information on this, and any other charges, in our Schedule of Fees and Charges for Business Customers brochure, available to download here.

Thanks,
    Graham

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Retailer

just want to second what the OP has said.
    Since the branch changes have gone towards a more automated approach (ie: they really dont want you dealing with a human being at all), my branch, where I have both business and personal accounts, is absolutely shocking.

i'm in the process of moving my business account to another bank, who so far couldn't have been more helpful.
    As a BOI customer of over 20 years, whilst I understand the need to cut costs, to do so while imposing a negative customer experience on customers is bad for business. In my line of business, as should be the case in every line of business, the customer comes first, no matter what.

Take for example a very very simple issue I have (one of many).
    The car park has an automatic gate that requires a code. Previously, when carrying out a business lodgement I just asked the person I was dealing with for that code, or failing that I asked at the customer service desk.
    Now, on many occasions my transaction is automated, but there is no one around to ask for the code for the car park. Terrible setup.

Anyway, I have voted with my feet.
    Shame really

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Hi cojomo2,

We appreciate you getting in touch with us about this. Apologies for the confusion in-branch, and the recent poor experience you had. We pride ourselves on delivering excellent customer service so we'd like to forward this to your branch. Can you please PM us with your name and your account holding branch?

Also, the cost of cancelling a direct debit on a business account is €5.08. You can find information on this, and any other charges, in our Schedule of Fees and Charges for Business Customers brochure, available to download here.

Thanks,
    Graham
    Thanks for the quick reply. I tried to PM you but got the following message '' Graham has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.''

You're welcome cojomo2.

If you click on the link in my signature below, you should be able to send a PM from there.

Thanks,
    Graham

Hi Retailer,

We're sorry to hear that you're switching banks. However, we're grateful for you taking the time to post your feedback here. We've forwarded it to the Branch Network.

Thanks,
    Graham

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭Retailer

Thanks Graham.
    Still keeping my personal accounts there for now, just moving the business ones.
    I've discussed all of the above with the branch manager and my account manager in the branch.

Thanks

You're welcome Retailer.

Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us again if you have any queries.

Thanks,
    Graham

Advertisement