Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bad accident in Ongar this morning (10th Jan)?

Options
  • 10-01-2013 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭

around 8am this morning something bad happened on Manorfields drive on the way into Ongar next to the entrance to annaly terrace.

no idea what it was, although it looked like a car crash of some sort.

there were at least two ambulances, various garda cars and a fire engine from what i could see and the road was closed off from the roundabout off the ongar distributor road, so it must have been pretty bad. :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,566 ✭✭✭Gillo

Traffic was still backed up a bit after nine when I went for the bus.
    From what it looked like someone drove out of Annally Tce turning left and didn't see the car coming up from the roundabout.

Some nasty damage to the cars but cars weren't totaled so hopefully the occupants aren't too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

fingers crossed. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Missed it but hope it wasn't serious. I find that because there is such wide berth at the roundabout above, that drivers can come off it at fairly high speed so that even though you think you have clearance coming out of Annaly Tce, drivers from the roundabout can come down on top of you in a second. It's especially difficult to do a right turn out of Annally in the morning anymore as the traffic is so busy both ways. You'd almost be better coming out at the Hayworth/Scoil Colm on the other side of Ongar between 8 and 9.

Advertisement