Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabinet box upgrade - living in the dark ages.

Options
  • 10-01-2013 3:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi,
    I live 7km (by road, even less as the crow flies) from the main Eircom mast in Cork City in Whitescross, and 5 km from the centre of Cork City. I am connected to the Churchfield exchange. Yet I cannot get broadband, and I mean any type of broadband. The only internet connection available to me is stone-age dial up. None of the wireless operators have a service in my area.  I have contacted Eircom and they have said I am too far fro the exchange to get broadband. But amazingly a new housing development further down the road from me can get NGB fibre. When I asked eircom about this they said that housing development has a new cabinet that has fibre run to it, but the cabinet i am connected to in at the top of Dublin Hill has not yet been connected to the fibre network. Does anyone here know when this cabinet will be connected to the fibre network, and take me out of the dark ages.

Please help me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi colemanja

Would you like to PM me your landline number? I will look into this and get back to you.

Regards

Al

Advertisement