Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why bother learning to pull the trigger...

Options
  • 10-01-2013 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭

...when you can have a computer do it for you?

trackingpoint-pgf-rifle-640x241.jpg

That big scope is actually a combination of laser rangefinder, camera and small computer running linux. Look through scope (or not, it has a wifi hotspot in there that streams video showing what you'd see looking through the scope, and it comes with a pre-configured iPad to use for that), line dot up on target, push small red button beside trigger. Scope now locks in the target and tracks it with the laser.

trackingpoint-pgf-tag-track-shoot-640x353.jpg

Now pull trigger. Gun does not fire, because the trigger is now the "permission to fire" button for the computer in the scope - you hold down the trigger and trying to hold the gun on the target and when the computer sees that - even if only for an instant - the gun is lined up on the target, it fires the round for you.

Only $17,000 for the whole thing, coming to CES2013 now...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

I know for an absolute fact that would make me involuntarily flinch. The thought of pulling the trigger and the gun going off sometime afterwards would be torture to me. Maybe it's more natural feeling in use than it sounds and would have the exact opposite effect. Would love to have a go, flinch or not.

Still if you can hold the rifle still enough to tag the target, surely you can hold it still enough while the trigger is pulled.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Vegeta wrote: »
    I know for an absolute fact that would make me involuntarily flinch.
    The rifle or the pricetag? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Sparks wrote: »
    The rifle or the pricetag? :D

How much is the euro millions tomorrow night?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Vegeta wrote: »
    the gun going off sometime afterwards
    Can the gun tell difference between humans and non-humans? Wouldn't use it ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Vizzy

Thats mad Ted !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Hunter21

By a burner mobile, no need for an alibi :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭declan1980

Just another piece of crap for people who either can't shoot or who can't be arsed learning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Hope your not on Meteor !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Sparks wrote: »
    This remind me of;

WARNING; over the top graphic violence.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,025 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Cant see the worlds hitmen and assasins queing up to buy it somhow!:D

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭long range shooter

Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Cant see the worlds hitmen and assasins queing up to buy it somhow!:D

I would rather buy a Zeiss Hensholdt 6-24x72 SAM for 12000$
    Atleast you would have the pleasure of pulling the trigger.:D

Advertisement