Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boots

• 10-01-2013 4:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭

Anyone recommend a pair of boots, I have nothing at the moment and my toes are cold :( Need something I can walk easily enough in and thats waterproof. Dont have a budget really I suppose €120ish need to get gloves aswell actually if anyone knows of decent ones that stay dry.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

You will be doing well to get GORETEX boots for €120 and a pair of gloves.....try cotters in Dublin for a cheap warm pair of boots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    You will be doing well to get GORETEX boots for €120 and a pair of gloves.....try cotters in Dublin for a cheap warm pair of boots.

no no 120€ for the boots alone say another 100 for gloves. Sorry should have been more clear. I'll have a look at cotters thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

I got a pair of TCX Goretex touring boots for €100 in naas superbikes.
    It was when he was closing down... but he has been closing down for a long time now, lol. Ya could give him a shout and see what he has left still.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Probiker Sympatex for 99 at Louis.
    I have a pair of the offroad style Probiker with Sympatex and they are good quality for the price.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Probiker Sympatex for 99 at Louis.
    I have a pair of the offroad style Probiker with Sympatex and they are good quality for the price.

Seems alight for the price reviews are good also on the web. Thinking of these gloves aswell while im at it http://www.louis.de/_301fb4d4f17daaa1e1447889400d356acb/index.php?topic=artnr_gr&artnr_gr=201345

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭ratracer

goodlad wrote: »
    I got a pair of TCX Goretex touring boots for €100 in naas superbikes.
    It was when he was closing down... but he has been closing down for a long time now, lol. Ya could give him a shout and see what he has left still.

I got a pair of these delivered from fcmoto.de for €107, great boots for the money, no water getting in at any stage over the winter and its been very wet out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭daenerysstormborn3

TCX goretex boots are generally fairly reasonable for what you're getting. Any TCX boots I've had have been 100% waterproof, warm and comfortable. You'd get a decent pair for €100-€140 easily.

ratracer wrote: »
    I got a pair of these delivered from fcmoto.de for €107, great boots for the money, no water getting in at any stage over the winter and its been very wet out.

You have a link to them can see them for that price? Guys what justifys the extra price on some of the boots for example http://www.fc-moto.de/epages/fcm.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/10207048/Products/TCX-X-Five-Plus-GTX/SubProducts/TCX-X-Five-Plus-GTX-0001

What do you get for the extra money?

I have two pairs of TCX.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com/14/67/900/12287/ITEM/TCX-Competizione-S-Boots.aspx

And

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tcx-x-five-plus-boots

I wear the touring ones more caus im usually walking around when off the bike and the racing ones arnt the most comfortable because they are barely worn, once broken in im sure they will be grand.

Both have never let a drop of water in no matter how heavy the rainhas been and i have never had cold feet while wearing either pair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

TCX Cube are 140 in cotters. User reviews look decent on revzilla

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭ratracer

I'll try find a link to the pair I bought, but it'll be tomorrow. I bought them in Sept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Got a pair of Richa touring boots for €100 a couple of months back in emotorcycles in Galway. Been using them all winter and they're great. Warm and waterproof.

I might get them tcx tomorrow so if anyone has any better ideas I'd be interested. Would want to try them on first for a good bit and main use will be for cross city traffic

I opted for a pair of tcx, were more then i planned to spend but if there comfortable i dont mind plus they have good reviews. I bough them offhttp://www.motorcycleshop.ie/ there based in cork. Cost more then say a German online store but I have the ability to go back with them if I want because there a store. Death swith them in past with my richa jacket and pants, exchanged jacket for me no issues plus its perfect now.

Need to find myself a pair of gloves now :D

I can highly recommend Alpinestars 365 for gloves. Their leathers are crap but boots and gloves are very good...;)

I can highly recommend Alpinestars 365 for gloves. Their leathers are crap but boots and gloves are very good...;)

And pricey :p Looking around now to see what deals can be hand on them, thanks for the suggestion

Doylers wrote: »
    And pricey :p Looking around now to see what deals can be hand on them, thanks for the suggestion

Well you should check the HG website also they have some fantastic gloves and very well priced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭kevin-46

id wait till the bike show in the RDS thats wat i didnt and got a bargain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭Pedro K

I got TCX goretex boots from sportsbikeshop.co.UK a good while back. Good price. Love the boots. Have a look at their site.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Lads I was just in Cotters and they recommended these:

ricah-boots.jpg

They are €125 - look great and feel really comfortable - look perfect to me. Available in white too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

They look a nice looking boot and seem to be well priced!

Zascar are they for track use or every day commuting?

Cotters didn't have the ones I was looking for earlier.

Not sure if I could manage wearing them walking around town for an hour or two!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Fairly sure they are all rounders. I tried them on and they seemed ok, all boots will loosen up after a few days of wear anyway

Bet you a score that the sole will fall off them after 6mths....you can see the terrible glue job in the picture. I had a pair of RST tractek boots and went the same road after 5mths. Better off with the Goretex TCX for similar money.

Zascar wrote: »

They are lovely dude.

They look like a good mix between the two pairs of tcx boots i have.
    They have less protection than my racing ones but more than my touring one and look comfortable enough for walking around in.

One off them listed is not waterproof. So you can get SS version with and without waterproofing....be careful.

AFAIK, RPM in Drogheda are an agent for TCX boots....always have a good stock level too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Peanut2011

Doylers wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a pair of boots, I have nothing at the moment and my toes are cold :( Need something I can walk easily enough in and thats waterproof. Dont have a budget really I suppose €120ish need to get gloves aswell actually if anyone knows of decent ones that stay dry.

Get these:

http://www.louis.eu/_209d88e777865ede8b27b14fc81cfc482e/index.php?topic=artnr_gr&artnr_gr=202038

I have the old version for nearly 2 years now and never had any issues and I am all year commuter. They did not let me down in the heavy rain we had this year. And for €99.95 + €10 postage you can't go wrong!

One off them listed is not waterproof. So you can get SS version with and without waterproofing....be careful.
    Thanks, wow good to know that. Quick search on ebay and i found then: http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_trksid=p3907.m570.l1313&_nkw=tcx+ss+sport+waterproof&_sacat=0&_from=R40

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Ayrtonf7

Dont mean to high-jack the thread OP but I am planning on picking up a new pair of boots sometime soon. The plan was to wait for the RDS.

From what I can see im looking at about 100-150 euros for a decent set of boots. Anybody any tips on what to look out for ?

Advertisement