Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dalkey to Town by bus

Options
  • 10-01-2013 4:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone do this, or do most people take the Dart?

I need to get to Baggot Street, near the BofI. Would I be better off on the 7d, the 8 or the Dort?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭zagmund

Depends on the constraints you have . . . i.e. time of day, time available for journey, etc . . .

If it was up to me, I would get the DART to Lansdowne and walk up from there. It's a nice walk on a nice day and only about 10 minutes. Looking at it on the map it looks like Grand Canal Dock would be a shorter walk, but I would still get off at Lansdowne out of habit probably.

In fact, come to think of it, getting the bus will only get you one road closer (Northumberland Road, Mount Street) to your destination so you don't gain much, but you do have to put up with a tour of South Dublin.

z

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

7D takes about an hour, if it's not raining I'd get the Dart, then a nice walk up from Lansdowne

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Lovetochill

I take the dart every morning to work. It only takes 22 mins to Lansdowne road and a lovely walk to Baggot street( nice way for some fresh air and light exercise :-)) You just need to have an umbrella with you all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

If you're including the 7d in your plans you must be heading in early as it's only service is 0720, I'd definitely take the DART.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭patrickbrophy18

It's much of a muchness really as the nearest stop to Bank Of Ireland on Baggot Street is on Merrion Square which itself is up to a five minute walk from Pearse Street Station. As such the number 8 will drop you marginally closer. Then again, every minute counts if you're in a rush. If you take into account that the number 8 can take up to an hour to get into town, it mightn't be that efficient time-wise. It does indeed depend on where in Dalkey you are coming from. If it's half-way down Ulverton Road or somewhere near the East end of Castlepark Road, you might indeed be better off getting the number 8 as the walk to the nearest DART station would be roughly 10-15 minutes. In the morning, the number 8 leaves at 7:00, 8:00 and 9:30. If it's a job you're getting to, the last one might be a wee bit late. Anyway, hope this helps!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement