Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit card in America

Options
  • 10-01-2013 5:11pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks, I'm off to Orlando on holidays on Saturday and I thought I'd better just check that my Visa Debit attached to my current account will work over there.  Is there anything I'll need to do to make sure it works?  The card itself is already working fine day to day and attached to my PayPal account.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi Shiminay,

Thanks for your query. Yes, you'll be able to use your Visa Debit card in America at ATMs and Point of Sale where the Visa logo is displayed. Please note that daily ATM withdrawal limits are lower overseas. We'd also advise you to call Banking365 or your account holding branch to notify them that you intend to use your card abroad.

Enjoy your holidays,
    Graham

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Hi Shiminay,

Thanks for your query. Yes, you'll be able to use your Visa Debit card in America at ATMs and Point of Sale where the Visa logo is displayed. Please note that daily ATM withdrawal limits are lower overseas. We'd also advise you to call Banking365 or your account holding branch to notify them that you intend to use your card abroad.

Enjoy your holidays,
    Graham
    Thanks for that Graham, I'll give 365 a call.

Advertisement