Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emobile: I need my receipt (Galaxy SIII)

Options
  • 10-01-2013 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭

Hi I filled out a contact form on your website which says the lead time is 2 days. 

You can surely help me here quicker. 

Basically I've an SIII which which died suddenly. 

Due to some system error, my receipt/proof of purchase isn't available on my account and hence the repairers are refusing to fix it under warranty unless I can prove my SIII is still under its 12 month warranty (common sense obviously won't prevail - The SIII is only out 6 months). 

Can I PM one of you guys my order number from last June and get my receipt emailed to me?

Regards

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭readmylips

hey looder, contact samsung ireland direct, number on their website..theyl check the IMEI and get onto fonemenders to sent out a prepaid pack for return. my S3 also died after 6 months, a now know samsung issue ...dead motherboard. Thats what i did, they never asked for proof of purchase...
    hope this helps if Emobile dont
    readmylips

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

readmylips wrote: »
    hey looder, contact samsung ireland direct, number on their website..theyl check the IMEI and get onto fonemenders to sent out a prepaid pack for return. my S3 also died after 6 months, a now know samsung issue ...dead motherboard. Thats what i did, they never asked for proof of purchase...
    hope this helps if Emobile dont
    readmylips
    Same problem here I'd imagine from what I've been reading.  Unfortunately I don't have the phone in my possession at the moment as I sent it through eMobile last week but thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭readmylips

looder wrote: »
    Same problem here I'd imagine from what I've been reading.  Unfortunately I don't have the phone in my possession at the moment as I sent it through eMobile last week but thanks for the reply.
    feck !! imei should be on box if you still have it. do emobile use fonemenders?? its a know prob and the s3s are new so they shouldnt be messing with proof of purchase...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,238 ✭✭✭looder

readmylips wrote: »
    feck !! imei should be on box if you still have it. do emobile use fonemenders?? its a know prob and the s3s are new so they shouldnt be messing with proof of purchase...
    As far as I know they use them. 

It's ridiculous that there's problem with proof of purchase considering the phone can't be more than 12 months old unless I bought it about 5 months before it was on sale to the public. 

I have the IMEI (and so do they) but I think the problem is it wasn't logged properly on the system at time of purchase (which obviously has feck all to do with me). I've passed the order number and dispatch number on to the eMobile store that's dealing with it. 

Hopefully it's sorted soon as I'm using a Galaxy Mini at the moment and there's some different between the SIII and the Galaxy Mini.

• Company Representative Posts: 690 ✭✭✭eMobile: Grainne

looder wrote: »
    Hi I filled out a contact form on your website which says the lead time is 2 days. 

You can surely help me here quicker. 

Basically I've an SIII which which died suddenly. 

Due to some system error, my receipt/proof of purchase isn't available on my account and hence the repairers are refusing to fix it under warranty unless I can prove my SIII is still under its 12 month warranty (common sense obviously won't prevail - The SIII is only out 6 months). 

Can I PM one of you guys my order number from last June and get my receipt emailed to me?

Regards
    Hi looder,

Could you PM your mobile number pin and when you placed your order I will organise for the proof of purchase sent to you. Also could you advise if you want it emailed to you or posted.

Gráinne

• Advertisement
Advertisement