Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday advice - Canada/Alaska/Chicago....

• 10-01-2013 5:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Looking for any and all advice on a holiday I have in mind.
    Last week of Feb/First 2 weeks in March:

Looking to do the following -
    Vancouver (fit in some skiing and sightseeing)
    Alaska (hopefully see Northern Lights. Was thinking of Fairbanks as its meant to be a good lcoation to see them, and Chena Hot Springs is also possible for a visit)
    Chicago - Sightseeing, some good music at night.

Nice to have - maybe a trip to Toronto/see Niagara Falls.

How does that sound?
    What would be the best way to do that? As in where to first/second/third etc, in terms of ease of travel/costs etc.

Planning on going on 25th Feb, back 15th March, so 18/19 days.

Any help, advice etc greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭mazi

terrydel wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking for any and all advice on a holiday I have in mind.
    Last week of Feb/First 2 weeks in March:

Looking to do the following -
    Vancouver (fit in some skiing and sightseeing)
    Alaska (hopefully see Northern Lights. Was thinking of Fairbanks as its meant to be a good lcoation to see them, and Chena Hot Springs is also possible for a visit)
    Chicago - Sightseeing, some good music at night.

Nice to have - maybe a trip to Toronto/see Niagara Falls.

How does that sound?
    What would be the best way to do that? As in where to first/second/third etc, in terms of ease of travel/costs etc.

Planning on going on 25th Feb, back 15th March, so 18/19 days.

Any help, advice etc greatly appreciated.

How much is your budget? Let me tell you Vancouver & especially Alaska is not cheap.For a carton of milk in Alaska is $7 as everything is imported ( according to an alaskan that works in my local shop) so you should have plenty of spends!

If you are flying from Vancouver to Fairbanks it will set you back up to $800 because I had big plans to do all this when I arrived in vancouver and it turned out not visable.

Alaska is suppose to be amazing & you should defo try there before Van ( I cant speak for Chicago as never been) Not a whole lot happening in Vancouver but depends what your into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,881 ✭✭✭terrydel

mazi wrote: »
    How much is your budget? Let me tell you Vancouver & especially Alaska is not cheap.For a carton of milk in Alaska is $7 as everything is imported ( according to an alaskan that works in my local shop) so you should have plenty of spends!

If you are flying from Vancouver to Fairbanks it will set you back up to $800 because I had big plans to do all this when I arrived in vancouver and it turned out not visable.

Alaska is suppose to be amazing & you should defo try there before Van ( I cant speak for Chicago as never been) Not a whole lot happening in Vancouver but depends what your into.

Cheers for the reply.
    Vancouver was just somewhere in Canada close to Alaska that I could ski really, but I may knock it on the head and possibly just go to Whistler instead, ski there and then head to Alaska. Looking at maybe 3-4 days tops in Alaska, so shouldnt be too expensive!
    Still in the planning stages!

Advertisement