Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Next Try is Seaweed Products

Options
  • 10-01-2013 6:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭

Hi, hit my 30's recently and have been trying out a few new products.

My main concern was the eyes. I tried out botanics roller ball (thing cant rem the name) which I have to say i do like but only use really at night.

After that I hit trying out a whole new range so went with Liz Earle products which I did find very good, I have failry sensitive skin and it worked wonders no putburst or anything. If I had found it a few years ago i would have been delighted. The only thing is I havent noticed it doing an awfull lot of differance, so i am thinking now of trying out some of the natural seaweed products (natural is the way to go i dont want any no. 7 and all this)..

So the question has anyone tried any well if it was irish brand it would be fantastic like Voya, Algaran or Ri Na Mara, has anyone tried any of these and were they any good.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

nothing..

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭quinevere

try green angel made in ireland normally they have testers but the handcream and the face and collagen cream are worth a try.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I've used Voya body moisturiser and didn't find it anything exceptional. Wasn't a fan of the smell either. No idea on their face products though.

Hello yeah replies, thank you..Yeah I was looking at the voya but searched online and didn't have much reviews. Green angel I didn't hear of that one..Thanks I shall try have a look for that one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

I've used green angel and found it good ! They have an open factory near rathcoole if you can get to it .

• Advertisement

Green Angel is sounding good them. Im surprised actually how a most of the companies don't seem to have a starter tester pack. Just got a mail back from Voya so they don't have a starter pack but will send samples, hopefully Green Angel will too..As I don't want to buy a full amount and find it rubbish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Ava_e

I personally think Voya products are overpriced, my friend tried them, she has dry skin and said she won't be buying them again.

I've used Green Angel in a powder form that you put in the bath, found it great for dry skin.

Just for an update.. I have a medium set of both Voya and Green Angel to test out. Recently started with the green angel, and well I have to say so far I have tried the face mask once (the day after i broke out in a load of small spots so might be good) and the everyday face cream and it defo feels lovely on. I was hoping for a bit of a more ahhh fresh feeling but still like it so far. Next test is will it actually do anything for my skin...

About a week two weeks into the Green Angel test and yes I would be impressed no. It is kinda missing the nice fresh feeling that you get with the Liz Earle (would like it to smell more like seaweed) but the day cream is great i love it not greasy or anything. Eye gel is good but I would onyl use it at night. One thing i was missing was perhaps a nice toner which i did not see in the shop but will check out..

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭quinevere

They do a toner , it should be available in the store they can order it in for you!

• Advertisement

Ah do they I didn't spot it in the shop. Well im near the end of the batch I got and the eye cream is defo a fave..Going to start trying the Voya stuff now and see which is nicer

Well I got some of my collection. I picked up the cleanser and Collagen cream and im well impressed. The collagan cream although I have only been using it for two days is fad noticing a few less lines already.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I started using Creme de la Mer at Christmas time, it contains Sea Kelp.. gift from my OH (upon my own request of course ;) ) .. and I have to say.. the appearance and feel of my skin has improve 10 fold..

It's a little pricey (€130 for a 30ml jar)... but you'd only use it once a week as it's so rich.. or if I had an event coming up I'd use it maybe 2 or 3 nights in a row in the run up, for an extra glow :D

I bought myself my second jar of it a couple of weeks ago as a little treat.. I LOVE it!! 'Miracle Broth' is right!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭Clair4

Twee. wrote: »
    I've used Voya body moisturiser and didn't find it anything exceptional. Wasn't a fan of the smell either. No idea on their face products though.

I bought the oil angelicus serratus and hydrating moisturiser , also the clay mask and hydrating mask , and tge shampoo /conditioner &shower gel as i had a voucher from my family... Anyway i wouldnt recommend and i wont be buying again ... The hair products dry out the hair , and ok the moisturiser & oil do hydrate my skin but for the price its ridiculous. . and regret spending money on it .. Also the smell getsca bit nauseating too.. I am looking at new products at the minute and i think ill try the kinvara range .. Its irish made also & looks to have grt reviews and not as pricey ...

Advertisement