Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Computer Repair

Options
  • 10-01-2013 6:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Does anyone know of any good places to get USB ports on a laptop repaired/replaced?

I'm in Headford area, although Galway City would be ok :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

There's plenty of places around but if you're handy you can probably do this yourself, depending on model.
    What computer is it? Model and make?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ibarnes76

thanks for reply,

its a Toshiba Satellite L500. i'm not techy in the slightest although i opened it up few mths ago but couldnt see anything obvious. the ports just seem really loose, when i plug in usb cable there's loads of wiggle space.

a lot of devices only work intermitently when i wiggle it the right way or simply dont work at all.. it feels like there's not enough power getting to the ports. its strange coz one of the ports runs an 8 track device controller but wont work a USB hub at all ... argggh

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Since it's a laptop it's a bit more tricky than a tower. If you are in the city at some point Lapteck on Eyre Street are good.
    More threads www.google.ie/search?q=laptop+repair+galway+site:boards.ie

yup, Laptek are spot on

Advertisement