Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Social Clubs in Tralee

Options
  • 10-01-2013 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hey,

Im wondering if there is any social clubs in Tralee. I am living outside Tralee and would like to get to know some more people and make new friends. My job means that I dont get to meet many people and find that joining clubs and that havent worked. I know there is a meetup club in some cities, but I cant find any for Kerry.

Im in my early 30's and not from the area - I'd like to get out and meet new people who I can connect with. Anyone have any suggestions on how to meet people around my own age?

thanks for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭amadain

Toastmaster ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,318 ✭✭✭✭carchaeologist

Welcome on Boards Girlwonder,
    Regarding your query, what are your interests?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Are you into keep fit? There are clubs in town with people of your age group & it could be a good way to combine exercise & meeting new people

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Girlwonder

Hey,

Thanks for the reply,

Amadain,I will definately try Toastmaster? Its on the 21st January again at O'Donnells' bar?

Carchaeologist: Thanks for the welcome. Im interested in swimming, walking, some sport and Id like to experience someting new this year - so willing to try anything.

Lelantos:- Well i am not the fittest person going, but I have recently taking up jogging and do that some evenings. Any suggestions of any good clubs? I have joined up to one exericise club so starting that next week. Hopefully it will be good.

I may also try some volunteer work - just to get out and about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Girlwonder wrote: »
    Hey,

Thanks for the reply,

Amadain,I will definately try Toastmaster? Its on the 21st January again at O'Donnells' bar?

Carchaeologist: Thanks for the welcome. Im interested in swimming, walking, some sport and Id like to experience someting new this year - so willing to try anything.

Lelantos:- Well i am not the fittest person going, but I have recently taking up jogging and do that some evenings. Any suggestions of any good clubs? I have joined up to one exericise club so starting that next week. Hopefully it will be good.

I may also try some volunteer work - just to get out and about.
    Profitnesstralee@yahoo.ie its run by a guy called Leonard Foley, his main core group seem to be in the 30's. He does exercise, kettlebell & dietary advice too. I've heard good things from some of the women there.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that Letantos I rang him and definately going to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭pmurphy00

cake, coffee, bikes??

There are plans to start a social cycling club in Jan...think leisurely Saturday cycles rather than lycra-clad racing. Calling it "Slow-cial cycling club"...like the Slow Food movement, except on wheels. Cake and coffee stops will be essential! There will be a small membership fee to cover membership through Cycling Ireland, but the amount will depend on how many members join. It will be perfect for beginners, or people who just want to make new friends and cycle for fun. If you are interested in taking part, you can contact Maria on slowcialcyclingclub@gmail.com

https://www.facebook.com/kerrybicyclefestival

might be what your after..regards p

thanks for that information P. I am into the cycling so am definately going to look into this. sounds like alot of fun actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

Is there anywhere that give a list of available social clubs in tralee?

Good to see theres a positive outcome to this.

• Advertisement

Doovdela, I googled this and only came up with a few. Alot of it is by word of mouth or on notice boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,756 ✭✭✭✭Encrypted Pigeon

You might be interested in the Tralee mountaineering club, they go out on Sundays and have different levels of walks for different levels of fitness/experience.

http://traleemc.com/

Well, im in the Classic car club...and not all of us are ancient relics, im in my 30s. Strangely there is very few girls into that kinda stuff though....cant think why!:D

People say 'Oh, Tralee is so boring' 'there is nothing to do!' 'I dunno how you live there!'
    My thinking is if you are bored, you must be a boring person!
    Going by this thread there is lots to do around town, even more than i thought.

If there was a few more live bands playing at the weekend it would be great though!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

There are a couple of choirs in tralee you could give them a go
    https://www.facebook.com/KerryChoralUnion

have some people that age too

there is also the Tralee musical society which are a fun group of people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭Bactidiaryl

Going by your username this probably won't suit but at Tralee livestock mart at the top of caherslee there's a MEN'S SHED . A social group that does a bit of tinkering and tea drinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

I would also advise that if you are going to be living in tralee for a while think either hiking or sailing or wind surfing.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Ashill5

Hi Girlwonder,

If you are into watersports, Tralee Rowing Club might be an option. Just call down to the Canal and you will find on Sunday morning about 10.30 am/11am and there are adult crews giving it a go, for recreation.:)

Advertisement