Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

disc disease - surgery?

• 10-01-2013 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭

Has anyone had surgery on a pet for IVDD? I'd love to hear some experiences regarding the recovery period and outcome, probably on dogs though in my case it's for a cat.
    My sweetest, lovliest cat has been suffering with disc problems, as if luxating patellas and hip dysplasia aren't enough for one animal :mad: A month of cage rest and steroids hasn't helped. She isn't paralysed, but is in pain. She's already been through one major surgery on a leg, with a long, difficult recovery. I have to make the decision whether to put her through another surgery, and it would help to hear how it went for someone else. Thanks. :( Sad days in this house.

Advertisement