Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stopover on way to Mexico

Options
  • 10-01-2013 7:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I am going to Mexico to travel at the end of month and looking into a stop off in States on the way. Just going by flight prices the likely options are going to be NYC, San Francisco, LA or Orlando.

I know the weather in Jan is not going to be the best anywhere really outside of Florida. I have been to NYC a few times...love the place but its going to be freezing. San Fran from what Ive read is bit milder but wet.

I know NYC is doable on a backpacker budget (<$50-60) but has anyone tried doing the other cities on budget?

Any tips would be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Batigol309 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

I am going to Mexico to travel at the end of month and looking into a stop off in States on the way. Just going by flight prices the likely options are going to be NYC, San Francisco, LA or Orlando.

I know the weather in Jan is not going to be the best anywhere really outside of Florida. I have been to NYC a few times...love the place but its going to be freezing. San Fran from what Ive read is bit milder but wet.

I know NYC is doable on a backpacker budget (<$50-60) but has anyone tried doing the other cities on budget?

Any tips would be great

LA is a complete waste without a car, dont even consider it. I imagine florida would be the same.

So NYC or SF. SF is very small but you could kill a few days there.

Advertisement