Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I have 2 Jobs, If I quit one can I get part time dole?

• 10-01-2013 7:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭

Hi,

I have two jobs,
    1. I work in a DIY store &
    2. as a Projectionist in a cinema.
    Yesterday all projectionists were given a months notice as our jobs have finally become redundant, to make way for digital cinema.

I work between 55 & 60 hours a week between the two jobs.
    I havent been working in the cinema long enough to collect redundancy, so id like to leave now rather than wait until they are finished with me. So my question is because I work a second job would I be entitled to get the part time benefits as soon as I leave the cinema..

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

It depends on your other job. How many days a week do you work there?

Also if you leave a job by choice there is a waiting period before you can claim social welfare.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭SymphonyX

It depends on your other job. How many days a week do you work there?

Also if you leave a job by choice there is a waiting period before you can claim social welfare.

Id change to a 3 day week if I left the cinema... Thursday, Friday & Saturday.
    I understand there is a waiting period if you leave a job, but does this stand if you still have a job? Id still be working 25 hours a week..

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

Loss of employment

You must have suffered a substantial loss of employment in any period of six consecutive days to be eligible for Jobseeker's Benefit. This means that you must have lost at least one day's employment and as a result of this loss be unemployed for at least 3 days out of 6 days. Your earnings must also have been reduced because of the loss of employment. You may be disqualified from getting Jobseeker's Benefit for 9 weeks if you:
    • Left work voluntarily and without a reasonable cause
    from here http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/social_welfare/social_welfare_payments/unemployed_people/jobseekers_benefit.html

Wait until your get your p45 from the cinema,you will then be able to show a loss of employment through no fault of yours.Then apply for casual JSB.

Advertisement