Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doing up and old HP Compaq dc7100 SFF

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭long_b

OK, HDD is 7200 and fast enough.

Narrowed down the card to this guy

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140878241398?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

Is anyone running one of these (Asus EN210 SILENT) on a Compaq under Windows 8 ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Make sure the video card ships with "Low Profile" brackets. But yep your Small Form Factor board has a PCIe x16 slot on the board according to the specs, just make sure you get low profile support as the case is small, otherwise the card won't fit! Here is one that would work ok.

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭long_b

Thanks for the tip.

Would you go for that over the Nvidia ?

Just reading up on the cards
    The next thing that we noticed it that the card has a low-profile design and came with the smaller PCI bracket in case you wanted to put the card in a SFF chassis. If you want to reduce the height of the card you will need to sacrifice the VGA port and therefore ATI Eyefinity, but that shouldn't be a big deal to many users as VGA is seldom used on home theater or media PCs.

My current monitor (crappy Acer 22") only has VGA input - both of the cards would leave me with DVI and HDMI out. Could I get an adaptor easy enough ?

EDIT Answer me own question - it comes with 2 brackets for splitting the 3 connectors between two pci E card slots. Bought the Radeon, thanks again yoyo

Advertisement