Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kindle Fire HD in RoI

Options
  • 10-01-2013 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

I received a Kindle Fire HD as a Christmas present (which was nice). I'd like to know how to make the most of it, especially with regard to apps. I had been able to download free apps from amazon.co.uk by changing my country on the website to the UK but wasn't able to get paid apps due to my RoI credit card. For whatever reason, it won't even let me download free apps now.
    Can anyone guide me towards a way of getting around this? I'm attempting to open an account with First Trust to get a UK Visa Debit card.
    Additionally, is there a way to transfer apps I have on my android phone onto the fire; I tried connecting both to my laptop with the thought that I might be able to copy from one to the other but I'm guessing it's not that easy.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭Nyum Nyum

Could you buy yourself an Amazon gift voucher and use that?

I have no idea about Kindle purchases so I'm just thinking out loud :o

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭corkscott

have a look on youtube there are a few videos posted there

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bob Annaliffia

Hi, the Kindle App store is now working in Ireland, at least it is for free apps ie Netflix / Facebook / Angrybirds. Haven't tried to buy anything yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 stanstaple

So it is! Thanks for letting me know

• Registered Users Posts: 833 ✭✭✭batman2000

Where was the Kindle purchased. It's a issue if it was purchased in the US, there can be issues with it not working in RoI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,287 ✭✭✭source

Had a look this morning, still telling me my country settings are wrong. Got the kindle from UK.

Did you guys have to make any changes to get it to work, or did it just work?

Advertisement